2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Wow the Red Wings are bad. It might as well have been a beer league team. Canadiens players weren’t even celebrating by the end after each goal. Howard should say, “Trade me right $&@*ing now!”

We should have traded him and got something for him, no idea why we didn't.

21 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I never actually thought about that. I might get to play in the Cotton Bowl once the the Winter Classic is done.

Usually all these special game rinks are used before and after the special event game (Winter Classic, etc.). Most of the time the ice slots are issued to teams that sell/buy a set number of tickets. For my son's crew it was 90 tickets to the Stadium Series game this past saturday.

After the Winter Classic in Philly years ago, some of the local colleges got game slots after the teams each sold tickets to the AHL game on the rink.

They run games, skates, etc on the rink for about a week after. I know my friends kid's team is playing tonight at 9:45 PM (Bantam age game). 

I saw what looked like a men's league crew entering the Linc yesterday after us. I assume they had to sell tickets to the NHL game too. We only got a one hour slot, so the boys played three 17 minute running clock periods. Penalties were just penalty shots. It was neat.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Usually all these special game rinks are used before and after the special event game (Winter Classic, etc.). Most of the time the ice slots are issued to teams that sell/buy a set number of tickets. For my son's crew it was 90 tickets to the Stadium Series game this past saturday.

After the Winter Classic in Philly years ago, some of the local colleges got game slots after the teams each sold tickets to the AHL game on the rink.

They run games, skates, etc on the rink for about a week after. I know my friends kid's team is playing tonight at 9:45 PM (Bantam age game). 

I saw what looked like a men's league crew entering the Linc yesterday after us. I assume they had to sell tickets to the NHL game too. We only got a one hour slot, so the boys played three 17 minute running clock periods. Penalties were just penalty shots. It was neat.

Kane Van Gate has a video of playing in the Winter Classic rink in St. Louis.  It was pretty awesome looking.

That's so awesome for you son tonight @MTH

Yeah, I see that.  I wonder if that's why he's on one skate, maybe begging the ref for a whistle?  I didn't see this game, I just saw this on Vaughn's Instagram.

11 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

@seagoal

Is it just me or is Khudobin's toe tie under his left skate blade. Maybe it's just a reflection of the lace on the blade.

I still find it amusing that the Stars have one of the biggest goalies and one of the smallest goalies in the NHL.

You have to admit, Dave's patented Oil Dropz 3D Shine Lens Flare Glare Drip 'N' Slip Ghost Spacial GraviTech FX©️are really working for him here.

Edit: Holy smokes, I didn't even see all the stuff in the bottom-right corner when I wrote this...

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

You have to admit, Dave's patented Oil Dropz 3D Shine Lens Flare Glare Drip 'N' Slip Ghost Spacial GraviTech FX©️are really working for him here.

Edit: Holy smokes, I didn't even see all the stuff in the bottom-right corner when I wrote this...

My favourite is "Invisible Wiz Tech". Well, I wouldn't say the "wiz" is invisible on this one...

On the flipside, I really liked this recent one from DaveArt for Kaskisuo. To me, it looks good from close and far.

Coveted906Kaskisuo.thumb.jpg.a0cdf5eb1fc09b37ad633aa48ab23643.jpg

Coveted906Kaskisuo1.thumb.jpg.9edfefb27f506e7cd98b77d46942cc2c.jpg

Coveted906Kaskisuo2.thumb.jpg.8f05fdd8ff0d2b5a52536160b05eb4d0.jpg

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

Not new gear, but Lehner looked really good as the Isles rip PJ Boy to shreds. Probably the best game ive ever watched of hockey tonight. IMG_1183.jpg.cdf6167e4fe8000dc846b5ccbe883800.jpg

I can't tell if his success is because he has sorted out his problems, or the Trotz/Korn effect. I think it's a bit from column a, a bit from column b. I think Trotz and Korn helped him put it all together, but the pieces were always there. Such an awesome story! He and Vasy are my two Eastern Conference nominees for Vezina so far.

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

Does he photoshop the screws out?

No, he doesn't even screw the cages in.

2 hours ago, Max27 said:

Not new gear, but Lehner looked really good as the Isles rip PJ Boy to shreds. Probably the best game I've ever watched of hockey tonight.

As someone that is indifferent with both teams, that game was so much fun to watch and listen to, gotta love the "We don't need you" chants.

11 hours ago, Moose75 said:

I can't tell if his success is because he has sorted out his problems, or the Trotz/Korn effect. I think it's a bit from column a, a bit from column b. I think Trotz and Korn helped him put it all together, but the pieces were always there. Such an awesome story! He and Vasy are my two Eastern Conference nominees for Vezina so far.

Vasy is going to win it. Lehner edges him out by a bit in the GAA category, Vasy creams him in the wins.

Lehner and Greiss are going to win the Jennings and Lehner is going to win the Masterston.

9 hours ago, Ertl35 said:

No, he doesn't even screw the cages in.

As someone that is indifferent with both teams, that game was so much fun to watch and listen to, gotta love the "We don't need you" chants.

I absolutely loved the vitriol. 

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Vasy is going to win it. Lehner edges him out by a bit in the GAA category, Vasy creams him in the wins.

Lehner and Greiss are going to win the Jennings and Lehner is going to win the Masterston.

I absolutely loved the vitriol. 

Wins are not a goalie stat, and GAA is widely considered to be a faulty stat now. Vasy goes have a better GSAA though.

Then again, I forgot who will be voting on the awards. People who think "grit" wins you cups and bottom-end top-6 forwards deserve 7 year contracts.

PS: Grit belongs in shop class, not a hockey rink.

36 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Wins are not a goalie stat, and GAA is widely considered to be a faulty stat now. Vasy goes have a better GSAA though.

Then again, I forgot who will be voting on the awards. People who think "grit" wins you cups and bottom-end top-6 forwards deserve 7 year contracts.

PS: Grit belongs in shop class, not a hockey rink.

For sure they're not a goalie stat. But Tampa is having a hell of a season and Vasy is a huge part of it. These awards aren't solely based off of stats. I really have a hard time seeing anyone else winning it to be honest.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

For sure they're not a goalie stat. But Tampa is having a hell of a season and Vasy is a huge part of it. These awards aren't solely based off of stats. I really have a hard time seeing anyone else winning it to be honest.

Yeah, I don't think most of the voters take a particularly nuanced approach to how they vote, especially for the Vezina. Unless there's a clear-cut favorite who's having a Hart-level impact on their team all year (say, if Gibson had somehow managed to keep up his play and carry the Ducks all year), I think a lot of voters aren't going to do much thinking past, "Wow, great stats, tons of wins, having a knockout season... Vezina." And in today's media landscape, the fact that Vasilevsky has so many Top 10 highlight-reel saves isn't going to hurt him, illogical as that may be.

Awards like this seem less and less meaningful to me every year (I gave up on any 'art-based' awards like the Oscars and Grammys years ago, what a pointless exercise). Sure, some years you'll see someone really stand out, and you can feel pretty comfortable saying that he was the best goalie that year, a la Price in 2015. But most years, there are easily 3 or more guys who all have good arguments for them. Some are amazing goalies stealing wins for bad teams, some are guys who are just having a consistent, solid season, some are guys who are just playing well for an amazing team... it's apples and oranges, as far as I'm concerned, and usually one goalie edging out another is pretty meaningless.

Factor in elements like East-Coast Bias (it's an overhyped phenomenon, but it's definitely a thing), player popularity, media narratives and hype, and the general cluelessness of voters, and these things are hard to take too seriously.

17 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Lehners issues, imo, got in his way of being a top 10 goalie in the NHL. Him playing for a defensive structured team w top notch management, he said something like ¨it feels like i'm part of a real team¨ which all, i think, are the reasons hes fantastic right now. Hes the Masterson winner forsure.

15 hours ago, Ertl35 said:

Yeah same it was willlddd. Gotta love all the chants haha

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You could argue Greiss as a Masterson candidate too, his stats from this year and last year are like 2 different goalies. Remarkable stories in both goalies. Lehner will win the Masterson, Trotz will win Jack Adams, and Lou will win top GM, IMO

Archived