2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

48 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

C'mon now. You've been on this board long enough to know when I'm being facetious 😉

The use of two basic dressing room nicknames in one sentences from a non-teammate is a clear violation of my own personal threshold for shit that makes me feel old.

You? Facetious? I would never think I'd see the day.

You've always been old at heart though, how's this any different? ;)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a gear siting, but i find it interesting that Lehner still uses a conventional boot + toe setup.

Scary play in the picture, scared the crap out of me. so glad hes just day to day and not on LTIR or anything too serious, guys been the isles mvp this year

1133930502.jpg

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

Not a gear siting, but i find it interesting that Lehner still uses a conventional boot + toe setup.

Scary play in the picture, scared the crap out of me. so glad hes just day to day and not on LTIR or anything too serious, guys been the isles mvp this year

1133930502.jpg

whether brady tkachuk made no attempt to get out of the way or not and while that is an issue, i'm beyond pissed how irresponsible defensemen can be, finishing checks or whatever bullshit doesnt apply in the crease like that. be confident in your own goalie to stop the puck instead of barreling the attacker into your own goalie.

the rest aside, it sucks. even more so b/c of when it happened. guy has been the mvp for the isles and definitely deserves the masterton trophy. 

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

whether brady tkachuk made no attempt to get out of the way or not and while that is an issue, i'm beyond pissed how irresponsible defensemen can be, finishing checks or whatever bullshit doesnt apply in the crease like that. be confident in your own goalie to stop the puck instead of barreling the attacker into your own goalie.

the rest aside, it sucks. even more so b/c of when it happened. guy has been the mvp for the isles and definitely deserves the masterton trophy. 

yea exactly. Tkachuk was crashing the net and did literally nothing to move, but Nelson was insanely irresponsible on that

Thank god its only day-to-day. While Greiss has been equally fantastic, I dont want them to ride him too long, because behind him is Chris Gibson, who has very little NHL experience.

Lehners gonna get the masterson trophy without a doubt. no story (this season at least) matches dealing w anxiety, bipolar, ADHD, depression, addiction, and PTSD and getting help publically, and then having some of the best stats in the entire league 

On 3/3/2019 at 10:32 PM, Moose75 said:

Congratulations to Antti Niemi. He longer has the weirdest most uncomfortable looking stance in the pros. That honor now belongs to Kakapo Kakaponenen or Kappo Cucamonganen or whatever.  (Images from Dinur on Flicker)

40300591303_7abb347fc9_o.jpg

47265169811_0160b63352_o.jpg

The thing that makes it for me is the Hulk Hogan glove hand.

hulkhogan_02.jpg?ssl=1

Kaapo%20Kahkonen%20Blues%20A-Jr-4.jpg?it

Kähkönen  as 17 year old junior... stance has not changed at all.

Watching the Leafs - Hawks game last night I noticed that Sparks has changed up his 'alien from District 9' design to include more white (generally not a fan of more white, but this looks better I think). Also enjoyed watching Delia play, and his Brians set reminded me of the old Bauer Supremes from the mid-2000s - anyone know if these are actually Heritage pads or Optiks / Gnetik4 with knee rolls?? [EDIT - Looking at the pic I posted, the thickness of the pad + lacing in the front would indicate they are actually a Heritage pad.]

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.55.02.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 13.23.23.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 13.25.56.png

2 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Merzlikins in his 'gate of Lugano' set in the NLA playoffs. With Bob looking likely to leave CBJ in the summer, I'd imagine we'll see Merzly in the NHL for a least a few games next year.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 13.01.00.png

Looks like he is using a Reactor Blocker

6 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Merzlikins in his 'gate of Lugano' set in the NLA playoffs. With Bob looking likely to leave CBJ in the summer, I'd imagine we'll see Merzly in the NHL for a least a few games next year.

Such a shame they had to cover up the blocker with a sponsor... thanks for posting!

22 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

This is one of my favorite things Bauer has done yet. I'm curious to see how Elvis will translate from the skill and finesse of European hockey to the net-crashing shitshow that is North American hockey. I don't know how accurate my source was, but I've heard NLA is actually the hardest of the popular European leagues (KHL, SHL, Liiga). 

Then again, that lockout is looming...

Is there a certain point where European players no longer clamor for the NHL and decide playing in Europe is the better option? You mention the looming lockout and the North American style of play. I’d throw in some lingering xenophobia from the old guard who dispise anything not Canadian (*cough* Don Cherry *cough*). Not to mention the never ending rules changes to help offense which would make it harder for goalies. Just wonder if we’ll see fewer guys coming over. 

2 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Is there a certain point where European players no longer clamor for the NHL and decide playing in Europe is the better option? You mention the looming lockout and the North American style of play. I’d throw in some lingering xenophobia from the old guard who dispise anything not Canadian (*cough* Don Cherry *cough*). Not to mention the never ending rules changes to help offense which would make it harder for goalies. Just wonder if we’ll see fewer guys coming over. 

Plus you go from playing in a place closer to home with a good contract, to mere pittance and get to live in such wonderful places as...Stockton, Hartford, or Wilkes-Barre. And to your point, there seems to be a stigma against European guys for the older guard in GM or owner positions. Just look at the shady shit Vegas did with Shipachyov, or the smear campaign NBC did against Radulov.

Totally worth the risk.

12 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Plus you go from playing in a place closer to home with a good contract, to mere pittance and get to live in such wonderful places as...Stockton, Hartford, or Wilkes-Barre. And to your point, there seems to be a stigma against European guys for the older guard in GM or owner positions. Just look at the shady shit Vegas did with Shipachyov, or the smear campaign NBC did against Radulov.

Totally worth the risk.

But you're completely ignoring that the place they would be coming to is the heart of the free world with a chance at the best league in the world! Who wouldn't want to come here and play for the Charlotte Checkers for $50k/year??

On a serious note, I think there's also a large bias that the North American leagues, especially the NHL, are leaps and bounds above the leagues elsewhere. Obviously the NHL has many of the best and likely the best players in the world, but there are also a lot of players who don't meet that bar. And playing elsewhere may just be easier if someone is a long shot anyway and as you said could still make good money and play competitively. I mean everyone can agree Auston Matthews was ruined by playing a development year in the Swiss league! Oh wait...

40 minutes ago, Chester said:

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 3.27.29 PM.png

Wonder if this was his decision or if they exceeded their budget for new goalie gear seeing as they suited up like what 8 different goalies?

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

But you're completely ignoring that the place they would be coming to is the heart of the free world with a chance at the best league in the world! Who wouldn't want to come here and play for the Charlotte Checkers for $50k/year??

On a serious note, I think there's also a large bias that the North American leagues, especially the NHL, are leaps and bounds above the leagues elsewhere. Obviously the NHL has many of the best and likely the best players in the world, but there are also a lot of players who don't meet that bar. And playing elsewhere may just be easier if someone is a long shot anyway and as you said could still make good money and play competitively. I mean everyone can agree Auston Matthews was ruined by playing a development year in the Swiss league! Oh wait...

Guys like Leonardo Genoni, Sergei Mozyakin, Nikita Gusev, etc... are definitely upper echelon players regardless of league.

Archived