2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Hmm...the blocker he used last night looked like it had been run over several times by a truck....it was almost solid black. 

Funny you should mention that, because I remarked on the blocker to my wife:

"See all those puck marks on Price's blocker? They're almost all right in the middle! I sure don't have centered, concentrated density of puck marks like that on MY blocker!"

27 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

This is just sad.

IMG_E0667.JPG.175bd1c1f444675285a2ef0755bb328f.JPG

We had more people than this show up for our high school playoffs.

The games I play in, if there's even a single fan there, it freaks everybody out:

"Wait... is that a person there...? Are they here willingly? Maybe they're just lost. Or drunk. Or staff. Maybe someone should call the police..."

5 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

"See all those puck marks on Price's blocker? They're almost all right in the middle! I sure don't have centered, concentrated density that on MY blocker!"

I'm sure you don't have any marks on your blocker. ;)

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

"See all those puck marks on Price's blocker? They're almost all right in the middle! I sure don't have centered, concentrated density of puck marks like that on MY blocker!"

Funny you should notice that too.

UGVV7643.thumb.JPG.cf8d069a356c7213d13778b1a53c4e22.JPG

That detail caused me to take a little closer look at my blocker and wouldn't you know it, most of the puck marks are around the center.

And yes, I did take the stick wax in the background as I was leaving. No, it wasn't mine.

34 minutes ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

New playoff setup for Vasilevskiy

D31Sh4lW0AA_hrX.jpg:large

After tonight...burn them. How do you lose to a shit franchise like the Blow Jackets like that?? Embarrassing. I'm gonna be so tight when Tampa loses this series.

I remember in 2007 when Price busted out his own graphic for the post-season. Didn't end well for him and the Habs either.

12 hours ago, Moose75 said:

After tonight...burn them. How do you lose to a shit franchise like the Blow Jackets like that?? Embarrassing. I'm gonna be so tight when Tampa loses this series.

I remember in 2007 when Price busted out his own graphic for the post-season. Didn't end well for him and the Habs either.

Rhetoric aside, Caps lost the first two games to Columbus last year.

21 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Rhetoric aside, Caps lost the first two games to Columbus last year.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus makes it a really tough series. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Game 1 turns out to be a blessing in disguise for the Lightning.

Everyone's been mapping out the parade route for Tampa Bay all year, and as grounded and humble as the team may be, I'm sure they can't help but be confident. Probably too confident. It's possible that last night is the cold bucket of water they need to bear down and get serious about making a championship run. Virtually every Stanley Cup team, no matter how dominant, has some moment where they face adversity and have to find a way to overcome it. Better to learn a hard lesson in Game 1 of the Quarterfinals than in the Conference Finals.

4 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus makes it a really tough series. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Game 1 turns out to be a blessing in disguise for the Lightning.

Everyone's been mapping out the parade route for Tampa Bay all year, and as grounded and humble as the team may be, I'm sure they can't help but be confident. Probably too confident. It's possible that last night is the cold bucket of water they need to bear down and get serious about making a championship run. Virtually every Stanley Cup team, no matter how dominant, has some moment where they face adversity and have to find a way to overcome it. Better to learn a hard lesson in Game 1 of the Quarterfinals than in the Conference Finals.

*2012 Kings are excluded from this metric*

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Obviously since CCM gear is so heavy, he warms up with that before the game.

Like baseball players swinging a heavy bat while on deck.

In the gym, he bench presses P2 pads, the heaviest weights in the room!

27 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

That reminds me, I got to mess around with a pair of SLR2's the other day (no ice time sadly) and those things are probably heavier than my LT88 pads!

Vaughn once again bucking trends and going against the mainstream.

I kid, I kid. I actually really like the look of the SLR2 and PVE2, without having tried them out or even seen them in person yet.

30 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

That reminds me, I got to mess around with a pair of SLR2's the other day (no ice time sadly) and those things are probably heavier than my LT88 pads!

1 minute ago, TitanG said:

Vaughn once again bucking trends and going against the mainstream.

I kid, I kid. I actually really like the look of the SLR2 and PVE2, without having tried them out or even seen them in person yet.

Fanboydom aside, that seems difficult to believe.  Scale...or it never happened  :)

4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Ullmark does the same. Usually uses a CCM in practice and a Bauer in games 

Interesting. Again- I wonder if CCM makes a crazy stiff practise palm they like better? Or is it something else? I am too much of a 5500 closure type to try a Bauer glove. 

Archived