Steph Lawa

2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Ullmark does the same. Usually uses a CCM in practice and a Bauer in games 

Interesting. Again- I wonder if CCM makes a crazy stiff practise palm they like better? Or is it something else? I am too much of a 5500 closure type to try a Bauer glove. 

7 hours ago, seagoal said:

Fanboydom aside, that seems difficult to believe.  Scale...or it never happened  :)

Weighed at work. Nearly half a pound heavier in 34+1 compared to a 35+2 SLR. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Urabus33 said:

Weighed at work. Nearly half a pound heavier in 34+1 compared to a 35+2 SLR. 

So the SLR2 is 1/2 lb heavier than SLR1?  Huh. 

Well he originally said the SLR2 was heavier than LT88....which are pre-SLR , right?

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Well he originally said the SLR2 was heavier than LT88....which are pre-SLR , right?

Maybe not 1/2lb but it was a significant difference heavier. Don’t remember the exact weight. The the LT98/88 was pre SLR. 

12 hours ago, seagoal said:

Fanboydom aside, that seems difficult to believe.  Scale...or it never happened  :)

I've measured most major branded pads with a handheld scale. Everyone except warrior is in the 4.5 - 4.7 lbs range. Based on a CCM 34 size pad. 

3 hours ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

What kind of stick is Bob using for the playoffs?

Sergei-Bobrovsky.jpg

He must have taken Goalie Monkey up on their CCM "Blank Mystery" stick deal. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

What kind of stick is Bob using for the playoffs?

Sergei-Bobrovsky.jpg

He's using a Vaughn stick.  He broke all of his good Warrior sticks and uses some of them for practice but they're basically the same exact stick

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, McElligott35 said:

He's using a Vaughn stick.  He broke all of his good Warrior sticks and uses some of them for practice but they're basically the same exact stick

Yep.  They talked about it on the IngoalMag podcast.  According to them, Warrior didn't want to/couldn't do the unusual paddle shape Bob likes anymore.  Vaughn was willing to do so, but the sticks have to be blank as Vaughn hasn't paid the licensing fee for sticks this year. 

Edited by Puckstopper

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Yep.  They talked about it on the IngoalMag podcast.  According to them, Warrior didn't want to/couldn't do the unusual paddle shape Bob likes anymore.  Vaughn was willing to do so, but the sticks have to be blank as Vaughn hasn't paid the licensing fee for sticks this year. 

I can confirm this is correct. Got the info Vaughn. Also heard from a different source he got a bunch of composite sticks made up. Be interesting to see if he picks up that option this summer.

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

9 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

Maybe not 1/2lb but it was a significant difference heavier. Don’t remember the exact weight. The the LT98/88 was pre SLR. 

I weighed my LT88 pads awhile back and found the results. I also weighed my dad's LT98 pads.

LT88 34+2: 5.4 lbs

LT98 33+2: 5.75 lbs

It's weird because these numbers say that my gear is heavy but it really doesn't feel all that bad. Maybe because I'm used to things like Graf skates and Warrior G2 Pro C/A's.

14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Ullmark does the same. Usually uses a CCM in practice and a Bauer in games 

Judging by the used Bauer gear I see online for sale - the Bauer stuff seems to tear/rip easier than traditional gear of the past.

Maybe trying to save the Bauer stuff some abuse to keep it alive longer?

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

How many foam core stick makers are there anymore? I'm assuming that most of all these non-composite sticks are all rolling out of the same factory - brand name on it is just decoration.

Although Warriors are still made in Finland... There's the other factory I guess. Vaughn/CCM/etc. non-composites all appear to be the same to me these days. Guess the Canadian factory was able to make the custom grip.

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I weighed my LT88 pads awhile back and found the results. I also weighed my dad's LT98 pads.

LT88 34+2: 5.4 lbs

LT98 33+2: 5.75 lbs

It's weird because these numbers say that my gear is heavy but it really doesn't feel all that bad. Maybe because I'm used to things like Graf skates and Warrior G2 Pro C/A's.

i will try to weigh them at work if i have time again

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

That´s odd, I work in hockey store and we just got bunch of his Swagger sticks. 

Edited by Korppi32

Was watching the Islanders/Pitt game and Murray's chest is super bothering me. It looks HUGE! Especially at the shoulders. They seem rounded like a footballers.

Look at this photo. Wasnt the shoulder floater supposed to be cut down? Geez, his jersey if folding underneath it. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 3.12.37 PM.png

Posted (edited)

Jeez...how fun was it watching this guy last night?  Playing the puck, sassy glove saves, sorta unorthodox style.  Total treat to watch as a fan of goalies

image.png.47119eae869e9fc6449049b6fb4bdb7a.png

image.png.dd5ffa6a95d66b350ae4552d67c67df0.png

image.png.b694c95c9de66a6f2801082704ce4d1f.png

Toss up between him and Rinne for this year's playoff gear style champion.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Those pictures look like they were grabbed from a video, care to share the link if there is one?

Its from the nhl.com highlight video, just two short sequences.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Jeez...how fun was it watching this guy last night?  Playing the puck, sassy glove saves, sorta unorthodox style.  Total treat to watch as a fan of goalies

image.png.47119eae869e9fc6449049b6fb4bdb7a.png

image.png.dd5ffa6a95d66b350ae4552d67c67df0.png

image.png.b694c95c9de66a6f2801082704ce4d1f.png

Toss up between him and Rinne for this year's playoff gear style champion.

I say this guy^

I am a fan of the old Flames colourway, anyhow. If I were to have a SINGLE set of gear that was matchy matchy matchy, I’d have a Flames sweater, breezers and wear red gear. Second favourite over the old Blues gear. 

Of course I *did* just order an Atlanta Flames crest to go on a goalie cut Flames third sweater and a Flames shell. White or black pads? Or should I get a retro tan set? 

11 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I say this guy^

I am a fan of the old Flames colourway, anyhow. If I were to have a SINGLE set of gear that was matchy matchy matchy, I’d have a Flames sweater, breezers and wear red gear. Second favourite over the old Blues gear. 

Of course I *did* just order an Atlanta Flames crest to go on a goalie cut Flames third sweater and a Flames shell. White or black pads? Or should I get a retro tan set? 

Yeah, in terms of uniforms, these Flames are my favorite this year with the Blues retro ones or Sharks blacks being a close second.

Just now, seagoal said:

Yeah, in terms of uniforms, these Flames are my favorite this year with the Blues retro ones or Sharks blacks being a close second.

To me- anything that screams original unis just looks better.  Love original six unis and the original expansion unis. The WHA unis were pretty cool. The last “new” unis I liked were the first edition Sharks unis, as in the early ‘90s version. The early Ducks unis were quirky and very 90slicious, but too busy. Unis in the mid 90s out? Blah. I like the simpler colour schemes and less busy uniform designs.  I guess I’m a retro grouch. 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, Chester said:

Was watching the Islanders/Pitt game and Murray's chest is super bothering me. It looks HUGE! Especially at the shoulders. They seem rounded like a footballers.

Look at this photo. Wasnt the shoulder floater supposed to be cut down? Geez, his jersey if folding underneath it. 

Especially when you consider he's built like a meth addict under his gear.

And he does not look like he is in front of that puck on this play. 

On 4/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, Chester said:

Had the same thought... he looks huge 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Are either of these pro stock or both retail?

Retail.