2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Holiday said:

Does anybody know what kind of mask Mrazek wears?

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 4.10.32 PM.png

It would have been labeled a Vaughn, but they did not pay the fees for masks or sticks this year.  It is made by Dom at Pro's Choice.

16 minutes ago, Naz said:

It would have been labeled a Vaughn, but they did not pay the fees for masks or sticks this year.  It is made by Dom at Pro's Choice.

Oh OK. So it's custom molded... I just really like the shape of Mrazek's mask specifically.

It's a Velocity specifically?

10 minutes ago, Holiday said:

Oh OK. So it's custom molded... I just really like the shape of Mrazek's mask specifically.

It's a Velocity specifically?

Not certain that it has a model name, not available at retail.  But you could order one from Pro's choice.  Same style that Jones in SJ wears and Murray in Pitt.  Rask has been in Pro's choice forever, but it is an older shape.

5 minutes ago, Naz said:

Not certain that it has a model name, not available at retail.  But you could order one from Pro's choice.  Same style that Jones in SJ wears and Murray in Pitt.  Rask has been in Pro's choice forever, but it is an older shape.

Cool thanks for the tips! I was trying to think what other goalies had this helmet, but wasn't sure. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 8.01.46 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Man Jones was so fun to watch last night.  What a show he put on and as a Sharks fan I'm pretty excited. 

But...his exposed neck makes me so nervous every time I watch him play.  Anyone else notice this about him?

It seems like he has a long neck and it is so exposed with no collar or dangler. 

image.png.b335fdc47df17dbaac56a2cba25c43f0.png

image.png.f32682bd048510215b944c1f32334657.png

20190509_113751.jpg

20190509_113812.jpg

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Anyone that has doubted Jones doesn't know goalies. Guy is a stud and I'll praise him any day of the week. 

But yea, guy is asking for a collarbone or neck injury. 

I've noticed that too...I guess he trust his chesty to protect 🤷🏼‍♂️

Jones was asked about this after taking a shot near the neck area earlier in the Colorado series. Supposedly he wears a neck guard in practice and warm up but removes it during games, can’t get comfortable in any neck guard for game use and he claims to have tried a bunch of different options. 

1 hour ago, Doc1200 said:

Jones was asked about this after taking a shot near the neck area earlier in the Colorado series. Supposedly he wears a neck guard in practice and warm up but removes it during games, can’t get comfortable in any neck guard for game use and he claims to have tried a bunch of different options. 

That's so sketchy.  I wonder if any goalie coaches, regular coaches, GMs, etc.  force their goalies to wear something?  I know in a lot of youth organizations they do.  Wondering about juniors, college, NCAA?

20 minutes ago, seagoal said:

That's so sketchy.  I wonder if any goalie coaches, regular coaches, GMs, etc.  force their goalies to wear something?  I know if a lot of youth organizations they do.  Wondering about juniors, college, NCAA?

From what I've seen CHL and all junior levels in Canada require a certified cage and neck guard, I think some goalies in the CHL can get away with just a dangler but all other levels of amateur hockey require a BNQ certified neck guard in Canada. NCAA does not, you will see College goalies wearing cat eye cages and their choice of neck guards is up to them. 

I'm the same way as Jones.  Ditched my neck guard after minor hockey and haven't gone back.  Tried danglers and hate them too.  I have added a Zoombang padded shirt for my collarbone... When I remember to put it in my bag!

Image result for i too like to live dangerously

7 hours ago, seagoal said:

But...his exposed neck makes me so nervous every time I watch him play.  Anyone else notice this about him?

It seems like he has a long neck and it is so exposed with no collar or dangler. 

Same thought every game. It makes me so nervous.

Mrazek and Rask are both in Vaughn gloves, pads, and chesties, both with Warrior sticks, and both with a Pro's Choice lid with the thick center bar. 

Pretty neat to see them battle it out this round.

CCM heavy in the West. 

cut.jpg

kk.jpg

I had the Bruins-Canes game on last night, and noticed the same thing. I actually thought to myself "huh - I bet @seagoal will appreciate this!"

I hadn't really watched Mrazek play before, but I was pretty impressed with the flare in his butterfly. I can't ignore the white tape faux pas in this sick black-base set up though. Tsk, tsk, Petr!

Archived