CCSH

So I got a look at EF 4.9 pads today.  The one thing I was most encouraged about was how subtle the texture in the "fangs" is.  It was a little more noticeable on the red part of the pair of pads I got to look at, but on the black and white pair it hardly showed up at all.  Hopefully the top end EF4's have this same material, as it's WAY better looking than what I've seen in pictures.

On another positive note, I got a peek at the EF4 stick.  My quick impression is that it's CCM's lightest, best balanced stick to date. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the new Bauer and Warrior offerings for 2019.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

So I got a look at EF 4.9 pads today.  The one thing I was most encouraged about was how subtle the texture in the "fangs" is.  It was a little more noticeable on the red part of the pair of pads I got to look at, but on the black and white pair it hardly showed up at all.  Hopefully the top end EF4's have this same material, as it's WAY better looking than what I've seen in pictures.

On another positive note, I got a peek at the EF4 stick.  My quick impression is that it's CCM's lightest, best balanced stick to date. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the new Bauer and Warrior offerings for 2019.

The real key with this stick is the flex. The paddle flexes more and it will be the softest on the market... hello sauce 

Got the green light go ahead to place my order, first ever custom set. And now I have no idea what colors to get.

Get my team? I play on 3-4 at once. Main team is red/white/navy
Go all retro? OK, then I have to go Retroflex and no speedskin (camel on the front of the pad continues to the sliding surface, is not offered in speedskin)
#solidcoloredpadscrew? Maybe all black, all red?

This is the best i could come up with for my team colors. I definitely want as little white as possible.

I think I need some inspiration...

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 5.46.07 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Urabus33 said:

Got the green light go ahead to place my order, first ever custom set. And now I have no idea what colors to get.

Get my team? I play on 3-4 at once. Main team is red/white/navy
Go all retro? OK, then I have to go Retroflex and no speedskin (camel on the front of the pad continues to the sliding surface, is not offered in speedskin)
#solidcoloredpadscrew? Maybe all black, all red?

This is the best i could come up with for my team colors. I definitely want as little white as possible.

I think I need some inspiration...

My previous custom set was my first time going with team colors. All my sets prior to that were whatever colors I felt like doing.

After a couple months in them, I  realized I was happier with my own colors rather than my team colors. Just my two cents.

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

@Urabus33 here is my submission... @TheGoalNet and I were talking about color blocking making th EF4 graphic look awesome. Using weave as accents it really makes the graphic popScreenshot_20190328-174140.thumb.png.99d43f6ad284151e00823c8df04f3aa5.png

I dig it! I am def using a mix of materials with speed skin in the sliding surface and bindings.
I'm just concerned, as beer league teams go, I don't want to do a beautiful custom set and then change teams/jerseys  in 6 months.

5 minutes ago, Urabus33 said:

I dig it! I am def using a mix of materials with speed skin in the sliding surface and bindings.
I'm just concerned, as beer league teams go, I don't want to do a beautiful custom set and then change teams/jerseys  in 6 months.

I agree... I just roll with my own scheme.

Next will be black and silver

12 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Can you Tweet this to Carey Price or Holtby? This is awesome.

Love too... But you're talking 2 of the most superstitious tendies in the league.  Is Price even wearing the all red set anymore???  He even ditched these last season

Image result for price eflex3

11 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Love too... But you're talking 2 of the most superstitious tendies in the league.  Is Price even wearing the all red set anymore???  He even ditched these last season

Image result for price eflex3

Solid point. But aside from the post-season, Holtby hasn't exactly been Holtby this and last season. Sometimes a change up breaks the cycle.

Also; paired with this jersey this colorway is simple yet pretty dope.

BB190112AE020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 10:25 AM, Peter36 said:

Can you do a Youtube review video on it?

I can, but it will be a bit. If you need some immediate feedback, I can say this thing is sick. 

CCM finally caught up to Bauer in weight and it’s about the same as a 1S. The balance is great. 

Dont have any negatives yet and haven’t used this long enough to speak to the durability. 

Yet to use V1+ or 2X Pro, so I cant speak to the comparison of the other 2019 launches 

Was just quoted 11-14 weeks now for EF4 orders. That to go along with the week it took GoalieMonkey to submit my order. If anyone that works there is on these boards you guys really need to work on your communication as I was less than impressed with the custom ordering process.

Question:

Is the construction of the ccm pro eflex 4 line and the pro premier 2 line blockers different?  Or at least stiffer than the eflex 3.9? I had a lot of problems previously and I need to know if I should get a Vaughn v8 blocker or any sort of ccm line of blocker. 

11 minutes ago, Maggie Jones said:

Question:

Is the construction of the ccm pro eflex 4 line and the pro premier 2 line blockers different?  Or at least stiffer than the eflex 3.9? I had a lot of problems previously and I need to know if I should get a Vaughn v8 blocker or any sort of ccm line of blocker. 

The pro level gloves will be better.

But to your question: no. Both blockers are essentially identical. (catchers are too)

1 hour ago, Maggie Jones said:

Question:

I’ve used 4 pro level Reebok/CCM blockers during the past ten plus years and have never had durability issues with any of them. I’ve also never ran into the cuff issues on the glove that other people have had so maybe I’ve been lucky. This is both Canadian made and offshore. 

15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The pro level gloves will be better.

But to your question: no. Both blockers are essentially identical. (catchers are too)

One thing I got wrong in the video was this. There are a few minor differences.

EF4 = Binding on the sidewall and a nylon strap with D ring for wrist

P2 = No binding on the sidewall and Velcro wrist strap

On 4/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, wox33 said:

Was just quoted 11-14 weeks now for EF4 orders. That to go along with the week it took GoalieMonkey to submit my order. If anyone that works there is on these boards you guys really need to work on your communication as I was less than impressed with the custom ordering process.

Really? Ccm were a solid 8 weeks no more. 

Archived