Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CCSH

CCM EF4

Recommended Posts

So I got a look at EF 4.9 pads today.  The one thing I was most encouraged about was how subtle the texture in the "fangs" is.  It was a little more noticeable on the red part of the pair of pads I got to look at, but on the black and white pair it hardly showed up at all.  Hopefully the top end EF4's have this same material, as it's WAY better looking than what I've seen in pictures.

On another positive note, I got a peek at the EF4 stick.  My quick impression is that it's CCM's lightest, best balanced stick to date. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the new Bauer and Warrior offerings for 2019.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

So I got a look at EF 4.9 pads today.  The one thing I was most encouraged about was how subtle the texture in the "fangs" is.  It was a little more noticeable on the red part of the pair of pads I got to look at, but on the black and white pair it hardly showed up at all.  Hopefully the top end EF4's have this same material, as it's WAY better looking than what I've seen in pictures.

On another positive note, I got a peek at the EF4 stick.  My quick impression is that it's CCM's lightest, best balanced stick to date. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the new Bauer and Warrior offerings for 2019.

The real key with this stick is the flex. The paddle flexes more and it will be the softest on the market... hello sauce 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

The real key with this stick is the flex. The paddle flexes more and it will be the softest on the market... hello sauce 

So you're saying I have a reason to buy something other than a Northstar now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For those of us who can't see Instagram posts due to some sort of restrictions, here:

1837402339_File_001(2).png.6c6401cec80bda0b9740c9955436e901.png

Unless I'm mistaken, killer set @TheGoalNet

Edited by ThatCarGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been finding a lot of the Eflex 4 setups a little busy, but that set looks really nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the green light go ahead to place my order, first ever custom set. And now I have no idea what colors to get.


Get my team? I play on 3-4 at once. Main team is red/white/navy
Go all retro? OK, then I have to go Retroflex and no speedskin (camel on the front of the pad continues to the sliding surface, is not offered in speedskin)
#solidcoloredpadscrew? Maybe all black, all red?

This is the best i could come up with for my team colors. I definitely want as little white as possible.


I think I need some inspiration...
 

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 5.46.07 PM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Urabus33 said:

Got the green light go ahead to place my order, first ever custom set. And now I have no idea what colors to get.


Get my team? I play on 3-4 at once. Main team is red/white/navy
Go all retro? OK, then I have to go Retroflex and no speedskin (camel on the front of the pad continues to the sliding surface, is not offered in speedskin)
#solidcoloredpadscrew? Maybe all black, all red?

This is the best i could come up with for my team colors. I definitely want as little white as possible.


I think I need some inspiration...

My previous custom set was my first time going with team colors. All my sets prior to that were whatever colors I felt like doing.

After a couple months in them, I  realized I was happier with my own colors rather than my team colors. Just my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Urabus33 here is my submission... @TheGoalNet and I were talking about color blocking making th EF4 graphic look awesome. Using weave as accents it really makes the graphic pop

Screenshot_20190328-174140.thumb.png.99d43f6ad284151e00823c8df04f3aa5.png

Edited by cwarnar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

@Urabus33 here is my submission... @TheGoalNet and I were talking about color blocking making th EF4 graphic look awesome. Using weave as accents it really makes the graphic popScreenshot_20190328-174140.thumb.png.99d43f6ad284151e00823c8df04f3aa5.png

I dig it! I am def using a mix of materials with speed skin in the sliding surface and bindings.
I'm just concerned, as beer league teams go, I don't want to do a beautiful custom set and then change teams/jerseys  in 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

@Urabus33 here is my submission... @TheGoalNet and I were talking about color blocking making th EF4 graphic look awesome. Using weave as accents it really makes the graphic popScreenshot_20190328-174140.thumb.png.99d43f6ad284151e00823c8df04f3aa5.png

Can you Tweet this to Carey Price or Holtby? This is awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Urabus33 said:

I dig it! I am def using a mix of materials with speed skin in the sliding surface and bindings.
I'm just concerned, as beer league teams go, I don't want to do a beautiful custom set and then change teams/jerseys  in 6 months.

I agree... I just roll with my own scheme.

Next will be black and silver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Can you Tweet this to Carey Price or Holtby? This is awesome.

Love too... But you're talking 2 of the most superstitious tendies in the league.  Is Price even wearing the all red set anymore???  He even ditched these last season

Image result for price eflex3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Love too... But you're talking 2 of the most superstitious tendies in the league.  Is Price even wearing the all red set anymore???  He even ditched these last season

Image result for price eflex3

Solid point. But aside from the post-season, Holtby hasn't exactly been Holtby this and last season. Sometimes a change up breaks the cycle.

Also; paired with this jersey this colorway is simple yet pretty dope.

BB190112AE020.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Order placed tonight. Not sure the current wait times but I'm sure GoalieMonkey will let me know tomorrow.

2049136313_ScreenShot2019-04-08at10_26_22PM.png.561dbb2f17d447f575ec1ffce930a584.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 6:53 AM, TheGoalNet said:

The real key with this stick is the flex. The paddle flexes more and it will be the softest on the market... hello sauce 

Can you do a Youtube review video on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 10:25 AM, Peter36 said:

Can you do a Youtube review video on it?

I can, but it will be a bit. If you need some immediate feedback, I can say this thing is sick. 

CCM finally caught up to Bauer in weight and it’s about the same as a 1S. The balance is great. 

Dont have any negatives yet and haven’t used this long enough to speak to the durability. 

Yet to use V1+ or 2X Pro, so I cant speak to the comparison of the other 2019 launches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just quoted 11-14 weeks now for EF4 orders. That to go along with the week it took GoalieMonkey to submit my order. If anyone that works there is on these boards you guys really need to work on your communication as I was less than impressed with the custom ordering process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question:

Is the construction of the ccm pro eflex 4 line and the pro premier 2 line blockers different?  Or at least stiffer than the eflex 3.9? I had a lot of problems previously and I need to know if I should get a Vaughn v8 blocker or any sort of ccm line of blocker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Maggie Jones said:

Question:

Is the construction of the ccm pro eflex 4 line and the pro premier 2 line blockers different?  Or at least stiffer than the eflex 3.9? I had a lot of problems previously and I need to know if I should get a Vaughn v8 blocker or any sort of ccm line of blocker. 

The pro level gloves will be better.

But to your question: no. Both blockers are essentially identical. (catchers are too)

Edited by coopaloop1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maggie Jones said:

Question:

Is the construction of the ccm pro eflex 4 line and the pro premier 2 line blockers different?  Or at least stiffer than the eflex 3.9? I had a lot of problems previously and I need to know if I should get a Vaughn v8 blocker or any sort of ccm line of blocker. 

I’ve used 4 pro level Reebok/CCM blockers during the past ten plus years and have never had durability issues with any of them. I’ve also never ran into the cuff issues on the glove that other people have had so maybe I’ve been lucky. This is both Canadian made and offshore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The pro level gloves will be better.

But to your question: no. Both blockers are essentially identical. (catchers are too)

One thing I got wrong in the video was this. There are a few minor differences.

EF4 = Binding on the sidewall and a nylon strap with D ring for wrist

P2 = No binding on the sidewall and Velcro wrist strap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, wox33 said:

Was just quoted 11-14 weeks now for EF4 orders. That to go along with the week it took GoalieMonkey to submit my order. If anyone that works there is on these boards you guys really need to work on your communication as I was less than impressed with the custom ordering process.

Really? Ccm were a solid 8 weeks no more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    1,006
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    TJFromNB
    Newest Member
    TJFromNB
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By bunnyman666
      Warning: this mod is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. It is by NO MEANS a pro-looking mod, but will make your blocker look campaigned. This is a usability mod, NOT for looks. 
      Have you ever bought a blocker and had a hard time closing your hand around your stick? This rabbit has, and knows full and well that it won’t get any better.
      A big portion of blame goes to the poor design of the index finger design, but also to the thumb, as well. If I didn’t like the palm, I probably would have this done by a professional whilst getting it re-palmed. I like the simple Ivory Nash palm this blocker has. When this palm gets tired, I will ask to have the thumb re-worked and fix my handiwork on the index finger protection. Being of TWO ethnicities who pride themselves on saving money, I figure “why not use up this palm first? I can make the finger protection work well enough to grip a stick comfortably and still have redundant index finger protection; it’s not like people are going to zero in on the finger protection and besides- I saved a bit of money!”
      You will need a seam ripper, serrated edge knife, 50 grit sand paper, a curved leather needle, sharp scissors, a clothespin, and sail thread. Upcoming posts will show the steps.
    • By SuperSieve1
      Ordered pads and a blocker (pictured) a while ago now (still have a little over 3 weeks of waiting on the blocker and a month on pads😔). 
      I currently use a Larceny glove. The plan was to stick with it, but I am considering just buying a new glove to match my set.
      I havent been able to try on either VE8 glove or the SLR 2. 
      Can anyone tell me if any of those would be similar to my Larceny? Hoping to get somewhere to try them on soon.
      Also contemplating just pulling the trigger on a 5500.
      Thanks!


    • By Puckstopper
      Isn't it the other way around?  600=baseball closure aka 60 degree,  590=75 degree and 580= roughly 90 degree? 
×
×
  • Create New...