CCSH

37 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Really? Ccm were a solid 8 weeks no more. 

Yeah not really impressed at this point. I don't know if there was a recent rush of orders or what the deal is but Monkey has been pretty poor with communication up to this point so I'm just hoping they were adding in the week it took them to submit the order to CCM and the week it usually takes to ship from Cali to ND. The time frame isn't a huge deal as my current pads are only a few months old but I can't recall having this hopeless of a custom order experience in the past.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, wox33 said:

Yeah not really impressed at this point. I don't know if there was a recent rush of orders or what the deal is but Monkey has been pretty poor with communication up to this point so I'm just hoping they were adding in the week it took them to submit the order to CCM and the week it usually takes to ship from Cali to ND. The time frame isn't a huge deal as my current pads are only a few months old but I can't recall having this hopeless of a custom order experience in the past.

I think there must have been an influx of orders around the time the customizer launched.  The info I received from CCM was a 10 week lead time back in mid-March.  It's entirely possible that the lead time has increased since then with the new line launching to the public. 

Just a little insight:  Your retailer may not have any info to share.   The store I work part time at doesn't seem to get a whole lot of updates from MFG's.  Once an order is placed we get a confirmation and a rough lead time. Generally there aren't a lot of updates sent throughout the process, although I've only seen a few custom orders in my time there, so certain MFG's may be better than others. 

34 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I think there must have been an influx of orders around the time the customizer launched.  The info I received from CCM was a 10 week lead time back in mid-March.  It's entirely possible that the lead time has increased since then with the new line launching to the public. 

Just a little insight:  Your retailer may not have any info to share.   The store I work part time at doesn't seem to get a whole lot of updates from MFG's.  Once an order is placed we get a confirmation and a rough lead time. Generally there aren't a lot of updates sent throughout the process, although I've only seen a few custom orders in my time there, so certain MFG's may be better than others. 

I’m not concerned about the wait time. That is what it is. My issue is they never reached out to confirm specs or even let me know that the order had been placed or when I should expect it. I had to contact them to get that info a week after I placed the order. I’m not trying to bash them or anything as I’ve never had a poor experience with them prior but when you drop that kind of coin and they don’t follow their own published steps for a custom order I probably won’t make another one with them. 

On 3/29/2019 at 9:29 PM, Moose75 said:

Also; paired with this jersey this colorway is simple yet pretty dope.

Great example of detail. I like the use of anti-matching color zone on the glove... standard color zones with this combination would look terrible. Seeing this set now makes me wonder why the color zones are setup they way they are on the glove...

BB190112AE020.jpg

Standard Color Zones to match pads...

image.png.259d3f98a10cc134ce45f3449bda3f9b.png

Custom Color Zones used to ACTUALLY match pads...

image.png.3bbcf03fd2ff0aabf5eb733fd3d02c97.png

Setup inspired by @Moose75's post... note the glove difference. Truly does make me wonder. 2X has a funny thing happen on their customizer where the Bauer logo is outside the matching color zone on the glove... interesting CCM did the opposite. I guess I get the colors being pushed to the outside (or inside depending on selection) but still just think the latter setup looks much better...

Standard Color Zones... 

image.png.66efeca896604855e94cfdcefb4d4906.png

Custom Color Zones used on the glove to ACTUALLY match pads...

image.png.5de954f57a40ae224ba7749b8a8ae508.png

Details of the second set...

image.png.9d6a19fd22340e8a2e4cc8bc7d7da626.png

image.png.f41fc4627ddf89ad0401ab7e4e325bce.png

image.png.5d2152cfd9ba4e074d63d246115db009.png

Yeah, the zones really only match when the goalie is standing in that one exact position and only just the way the colors line up. But as far as the amount of each color on each piece it makes sense to do the glove separate to basically flip the zones since for some reason it's over half the glove that can only be a specific color. Since the set I did was mostly black on the front of everything I just left the front zones matching but had to do them separate to get the color combo on the back that I wanted.

13 minutes ago, wox33 said:

Yeah, the zones really only match when the goalie is standing in that one exact position and only just the way the colors line up. But as far as the amount of each color on each piece it makes sense to do the glove separate to basically flip the zones since for some reason it's over half the glove that can only be a specific color. Since the set I did was mostly black on the front of everything I just left the front zones matching but had to do them separate to get the color combo on the back that I wanted.

Yeah... it works well on your setup. Also nice touch w/ the sport gold lacing... would have been easy to just do black but the sport gold looks nice.

4 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Yeah... it works well on your setup. Also nice touch w/ the sport gold lacing... would have been easy to just do black but the sport gold looks nice.

That was the one thing I went back and fourth on since I know the sport gold is going to look dirty wayyyyyy quicker than the black but it will give everything a bit of a pop in those initial photo ops when they arrive. And really that's all that matters in the end haha.

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Great example of detail. I like the use of anti-matching color zone on the glove... standard color zones with this combination would look terrible. Seeing this set now makes me wonder why the color zones are setup they way they are on the glove...

The ability to have different colors on each piece was one thing I really liked about CCM's customizer.  When I ordered my GT2's I had to do a separate order for the gloves to get them set up the way I wanted them.  In the end, not that big of a deal, but I thought it was a nice touch by CCM when playing around on the customizer. 

10 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Interestingly... P2 does the opposite color zoning on the glove from what CCM decided to do on the EF4. Again, the CCM Customizer allows you to play with colors zones per piece (unlike the GoalieMonkey version) but interesting none the less.

image.png.cc6f1c7a1d2a08264ba7f062416387d2.png

Yes, the P2 glove matches more naturally than the EF4 glove does. However, the glove matches the right pad instead of the left. It’s basically a duplicate of the blocker. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, the P2 glove matches more naturally than the EF4 glove does. However, the glove matches the right pad instead of the left. It’s basically a duplicate of the blocker. 

Sonya Di Biase needs to get her glove color zone sh*t together...  or maybe I'll just avoid her madness with an all Camel Retroflex set. Take that EF4 Color Zones.

11 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Sonya Di Biase needs to get her glove color zone sh*t together...  or maybe I'll just avoid her madness with an all Camel Retroflex set. Take that EF4 Color Zones.

I was about to but I’m torn because I loved the speedskin on my EF3... tough situation 

3 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Ok thanks. And that’s a match for Bruins sport gold as well (as you can see in my logo, those are my team colors)?

I believe so. Struggling to find a Boston goalie in CCMs to verify for sure. When Turco was there in his all yellow Reeboks those were for sure Sport Gold.

Has anyone who has ordered custom gotten a different color knee elastic/Velcro? Unless I was doing something wrong, there was no way to change that color on the customizer (hence the white strap in my design above). Can that be specified? I also did not see where the color of the nylon on the back of the pad can be specified. Does it automatically match the outer roll nylon? Or the calf wing color?

I didn't see a way to change it on the customizer, but it's matched the nylon on all of the retail sets we've recieved at the store I work at.   You can also see that the straps match the nylon in both reviews above.   I think it just must be something they overlooked when coding the color zones in the customizer. 

Archived