Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Has anyone who has ordered custom gotten a different color knee elastic/Velcro? Unless I was doing something wrong, there was no way to change that color on the customizer (hence the white strap in my design above). Can that be specified? I also did not see where the color of the nylon on the back of the pad can be specified. Does it automatically match the outer roll nylon? Or the calf wing color?

I know on the goaliemonkey customizer there was an option for straps that had about 5 or 6 options. It only changes the color on the big nylon calf strap but I assume it covers the elastic as well. My guess is they may not have lots of elastic color options outside of red, blue, black, and white. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I took the plunge. First ever custom set. All camel with Navy Binding and Red trim. 

590 glove +1 straight tee w/ red skate lace, binded blocker w/ suregrip, 34+2 pads with fixed below knee and 2 calf straps. Gonna have to source some leather straps as I don't like the Qk5 material.

Beyond exited to finally have a set in my specs and the very long anxious wait begins!

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.39.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.41.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.41.12 AM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Urabus33 Those look real nice. I had went back and fourth on going retro since I was struggling to find a design I liked in the EF4 but wasn't sure if they were using all the latest features on the Retro Flex. What was your quoted wait time?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wox33 said:

@Urabus33 Those look real nice. I had went back and fourth on going retro since I was struggling to find a design I liked in the EF4 but wasn't sure if they were using all the latest features on the Retro Flex. What was your quoted wait time?

About 8 weeks was the ballpark, wasn't given an exact quote. I was told the Retroflex and EF4 are structurally the same however. I wanted speedskin but the retro camel color called louder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

Welp, I took the plunge. First ever custom set. All camel with Navy Binding and Red trim. 

590 glove +1 straight tee w/ red skate lace, binded blocker w/ suregrip, 34+2 pads with fixed below knee and 2 calf straps. Gonna have to source some leather straps as I don't like the Qk5 material.

Beyond exited to finally have a set in my specs and the very long anxious wait begins!

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.39.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.41.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.41.12 AM.png

Congrats, that's awesome. 

Welcome to the custom club.  Custom gear is so exciting and it makes hockey so much more fun.

Looking forward to seeing your set for real.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing around with the EF4 stick yesterday. Man, it's so nice. The weight and balance feel pretty close to perfect. The 4.9 pads/gloves are pretty rad as well, I'd initially confused them for pro gear. I honestly never thought I'd say this, but CCM has a pretty nice goalie offering right now. It's a lot more compelling in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Playing around with the EF4 stick yesterday. Man, it's so nice. The weight and balance feel pretty close to perfect.

Darn. Just when I thought I could stick to custom Northstar foamcore sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Darn. Just when I thought I could stick to custom Northstar foamcore sticks.

Composites eventually get us all. @SaveByRichter35 and I were big foam core fans for a while. Then we drank the koolaid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Man I am LOOOOOVING this koolaid.  

That's not sugar we added to our drank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Composites eventually get us all. @SaveByRichter35 and I were big foam core fans for a while. Then we drank the koolaid.

So far the only reason I have to switch to composite is the potential of a more durable stick. Not to say the Northstars aren't durable. I'm still on my first after one season on three teams (six ice times per week plus the couple of games I subbed for throughout the season).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

So far the only reason I have to switch to composite is the potential of a more durable stick. Not to say the Northstars aren't durable. I'm still on my first after one season on three teams (six ice times per week plus the couple of games I subbed for throughout the season).

I found foam cores to last longer than composites.

The main reason to switch is the weight saving as well as the as the increase in responsiveness/snappiness.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I found foam cores to last longer than composites.

Perfect, my equipment manager/father will be more than happy if I continue to use cheaper sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to see which of these gets the most positive feedback because I love designing red white and black pads for fun. My favorite colorway.

72A21C2E-91E6-4D4D-8F0F-C8D517A07421.jpeg

BEDA9E3A-969D-4A2F-B916-366D60C49C59.jpeg

BA81E492-16DF-464F-A123-E1F3B090E3C1.jpeg

4187EC00-1097-427D-B229-837BF556CD21.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

So you’re a more simple, white pad guy I’m guessing?

Yes. My EF4 pads (ordered in early May, coming in early August - hopefully) only have colors on the small spikes on the graphic.

image.thumb.png.9c926b7ffabbd78334579aed584358d1.png

Edited by Teezle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Yes. My EF4 pads (ordered in early May, coming in early August - hopefully) only have colors on the small spikes on the graphic.

image.thumb.png.9c926b7ffabbd78334579aed584358d1.png

12 weeks?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Curious to see which of these gets the most positive feedback because I love designing red white and black pads for fun. My favorite colorway.

Sounds like me and you will get along just fine. My high school team's colors are red, white, and black. Lucky me 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

12 weeks?!?!?

I was quoted 12-14 weeks by GM when I placed the order. I made a small mistake - they were actually ordered on April 29, so they should get to me sometime between July 22 and August 5. In the meantime, my current pads are still doing well. I have a custom glove and blocker from different companies that will come in late June/early July; I will get presents every few weeks during the summer!

If they show up earlier, all the better :)

Edited by Teezle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    1,108
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    FriarGoalie35
    Newest Member
    FriarGoalie35
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By bunnyman666
      Warning: this mod is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. It is by NO MEANS a pro-looking mod, but will make your blocker look campaigned. This is a usability mod, NOT for looks. 
      Have you ever bought a blocker and had a hard time closing your hand around your stick? This rabbit has, and knows full and well that it won’t get any better.
      A big portion of blame goes to the poor design of the index finger design, but also to the thumb, as well. If I didn’t like the palm, I probably would have this done by a professional whilst getting it re-palmed. I like the simple Ivory Nash palm this blocker has. When this palm gets tired, I will ask to have the thumb re-worked and fix my handiwork on the index finger protection. Being of TWO ethnicities who pride themselves on saving money, I figure “why not use up this palm first? I can make the finger protection work well enough to grip a stick comfortably and still have redundant index finger protection; it’s not like people are going to zero in on the finger protection and besides- I saved a bit of money!”
      You will need a seam ripper, serrated edge knife, 50 grit sand paper, a curved leather needle, sharp scissors, a clothespin, and sail thread. Upcoming posts will show the steps.
    • By SuperSieve1
      Ordered pads and a blocker (pictured) a while ago now (still have a little over 3 weeks of waiting on the blocker and a month on pads😔). 
      I currently use a Larceny glove. The plan was to stick with it, but I am considering just buying a new glove to match my set.
      I havent been able to try on either VE8 glove or the SLR 2. 
      Can anyone tell me if any of those would be similar to my Larceny? Hoping to get somewhere to try them on soon.
      Also contemplating just pulling the trigger on a 5500.
      Thanks!


    • By Puckstopper
      Isn't it the other way around?  600=baseball closure aka 60 degree,  590=75 degree and 580= roughly 90 degree? 
×
×
  • Create New...