CCSH

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Has anyone who has ordered custom gotten a different color knee elastic/Velcro? Unless I was doing something wrong, there was no way to change that color on the customizer (hence the white strap in my design above). Can that be specified? I also did not see where the color of the nylon on the back of the pad can be specified. Does it automatically match the outer roll nylon? Or the calf wing color?

I know on the goaliemonkey customizer there was an option for straps that had about 5 or 6 options. It only changes the color on the big nylon calf strap but I assume it covers the elastic as well. My guess is they may not have lots of elastic color options outside of red, blue, black, and white. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, I took the plunge. First ever custom set. All camel with Navy Binding and Red trim. 

590 glove +1 straight tee w/ red skate lace, binded blocker w/ suregrip, 34+2 pads with fixed below knee and 2 calf straps. Gonna have to source some leather straps as I don't like the Qk5 material.

Beyond exited to finally have a set in my specs and the very long anxious wait begins!

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.39.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.41.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.41.12 AM.png

@Urabus33 Those look real nice. I had went back and fourth on going retro since I was struggling to find a design I liked in the EF4 but wasn't sure if they were using all the latest features on the Retro Flex. What was your quoted wait time?

10 hours ago, wox33 said:

@Urabus33 Those look real nice. I had went back and fourth on going retro since I was struggling to find a design I liked in the EF4 but wasn't sure if they were using all the latest features on the Retro Flex. What was your quoted wait time?

About 8 weeks was the ballpark, wasn't given an exact quote. I was told the Retroflex and EF4 are structurally the same however. I wanted speedskin but the retro camel color called louder.

21 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

Welp, I took the plunge. First ever custom set. All camel with Navy Binding and Red trim. 

590 glove +1 straight tee w/ red skate lace, binded blocker w/ suregrip, 34+2 pads with fixed below knee and 2 calf straps. Gonna have to source some leather straps as I don't like the Qk5 material.

Beyond exited to finally have a set in my specs and the very long anxious wait begins!

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.39.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.41.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.41.12 AM.png

Congrats, that's awesome. 

Welcome to the custom club.  Custom gear is so exciting and it makes hockey so much more fun.

Looking forward to seeing your set for real.

Playing around with the EF4 stick yesterday. Man, it's so nice. The weight and balance feel pretty close to perfect. The 4.9 pads/gloves are pretty rad as well, I'd initially confused them for pro gear. I honestly never thought I'd say this, but CCM has a pretty nice goalie offering right now. It's a lot more compelling in person.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Composites eventually get us all. @SaveByRichter35 and I were big foam core fans for a while. Then we drank the koolaid.

So far the only reason I have to switch to composite is the potential of a more durable stick. Not to say the Northstars aren't durable. I'm still on my first after one season on three teams (six ice times per week plus the couple of games I subbed for throughout the season).

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

So far the only reason I have to switch to composite is the potential of a more durable stick. Not to say the Northstars aren't durable. I'm still on my first after one season on three teams (six ice times per week plus the couple of games I subbed for throughout the season).

I found foam cores to last longer than composites.

The main reason to switch is the weight saving as well as the as the increase in responsiveness/snappiness.

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

So you’re a more simple, white pad guy I’m guessing?

Yes. My EF4 pads (ordered in early May, coming in early August - hopefully) only have colors on the small spikes on the graphic.

image.thumb.png.9c926b7ffabbd78334579aed584358d1.png

14 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Curious to see which of these gets the most positive feedback because I love designing red white and black pads for fun. My favorite colorway.

Sounds like me and you will get along just fine. My high school team's colors are red, white, and black. Lucky me 😁

19 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

12 weeks?!?!?

I was quoted 12-14 weeks by GM when I placed the order. I made a small mistake - they were actually ordered on April 29, so they should get to me sometime between July 22 and August 5. In the meantime, my current pads are still doing well. I have a custom glove and blocker from different companies that will come in late June/early July; I will get presents every few weeks during the summer!

If they show up earlier, all the better :)

Archived