Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

12 weeks?!?!?

I ordered a few weeks before Teezle and was quoted 10-12 weeks so I must've got in before orders got really bad since I was hearing 8 weeks just days before I submitted my order. That or GM hasn't been making their payments to CCM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teezle said:

Yes. My EF4 pads (ordered in early May, coming in early August - hopefully) only have colors on the small spikes on the graphic.

image.thumb.png.9c926b7ffabbd78334579aed584358d1.png

Clean look, I like it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So these arrived today.  Brand new, Canadian made Hutchinson Pro-return's.  My first CCM's ever.

HutchEF4.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, beansbats said:

So these arrived today.  Brand new, Canadian made Hutchinson Pro-return's.  My first CCM's ever.

HutchEF4.jpg

How'd you score them?  Beauties!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hockey3081 said:

How'd you score them?  Beauties!

Sideline Swap.  They occasionally have stuff for full righty's ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheGoalNet Curious to get your thoughts on the stiffness of EF4 vs P2. Both overall and specifically the boot. Anything in general you like better on P2 when comparing to the EF4?

Thanks a bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 4:58 PM, TVille31 said:

@TheGoalNet Curious to get your thoughts on the stiffness of EF4 vs P2. Both overall and specifically the boot. Anything in general you like better on P2 when comparing to the EF4?

Thanks a bunch.

at retail, the EF4 boot (deep ULTRA soft i believe) was wayyyyyyy softer than the p2. upper break flex felt similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 weeks to the day. Will get real pics once I get home from work. 

B18732B1-8EA2-4A96-84B6-D71BCE85DA9F.thumb.jpeg.03b3deb71379bb2e04f7864618f94367.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you finish customizing gear on CCM's customizer, CCM saves your design and shows you the pictures of what the gear will look like.

If you right-click the image of the gear, you can see a link to that image file - in this case: https://microsites.ccmhockey.com/microsites/eflex-4/core/order_imgs/EF4-190626-18_1561581422_glove.png

If you truncate that link to remove the link to the image file, you'll get this - https://microsites.ccmhockey.com/microsites/eflex-4/core/order_imgs/

From there, it seems you can view all the EF4 designs that have been saved by anyone who has ever used the EF4 customizer.

You can tweak the link to find out the same thing for P2 - https://microsites.ccmhockey.com/microsites/premier-2/core/order_imgs/

No specs or customer names are available. Just images of designs.

Wonder if this is a security issue.

Fun if you want to see other people's designs, though, I guess.

OpenDir.thumb.png.4d07d1c4e07ae21747bd47be20f56732.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Eflex 4 does CCM still have option to have the toe tie towards the inner portion of the pad? It seems like the center position is the only option this year compared to the Eflex 3.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here they are. 9 weeks. First ever custom set. 

34+2, soft boot, EF3 strapping, through boot strap (for accent color),

590 glove +1 tee skate lace,

binded blocker w/ P2 cuff.

66275918_10220163202498150_5331666732174016512_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

Here they are. 9 weeks. First ever custom set. 

34+2, soft boot, EF3 strapping, through boot strap (for accent color),

590 glove +1 tee skate lace,

binded blocker w/ P2 cuff.

66275918_10220163202498150_5331666732174016512_n.jpg

Beautiful. Got vibes of Holtby’s WC set:

D4A4A01F-E383-484D-B979-1D75977714CF.thumb.jpeg.9daf42b693a4070063862a6c64d88fd2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 6:54 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

Beautiful. Got vibes of Holtby’s WC set:

D4A4A01F-E383-484D-B979-1D75977714CF.thumb.jpeg.9daf42b693a4070063862a6c64d88fd2.jpeg

This and Bernier’s WC/ King’s retro sets were part inspiration

Edited by Urabus33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 10:54 AM, wox33 said:

I ordered a few weeks before Teezle and was quoted 10-12 weeks so I must've got in before orders got really bad since I was hearing 8 weeks just days before I submitted my order. That or GM hasn't been making their payments to CCM.

Mine showed up at my door about an hour after I got to work this morning (wife was kind enough to sign for them), so now I have to wait with anticipation until I get home. Got here precisely 11 weeks after I ordered online through goaliemonkey, so a week faster than the earliest quoted time. Might have to use them in my game tonight. Update with photos coming when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, Urabus33 said:

Here they are. 9 weeks. First ever custom set. 

34+2, soft boot, EF3 strapping, through boot strap (for accent color),

590 glove +1 tee skate lace,

binded blocker w/ P2 cuff.

66275918_10220163202498150_5331666732174016512_n.jpg

Great use of Red, White, and Blue accent on these. Really makes me wish I had the foresight to have done something similar on my EF1 Retroflex set. Their life with me will be over come September with a new set on order... but just wanted to comment on how much I liked yours. Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teezle said:

Mine showed up at my door about an hour after I got to work this morning (wife was kind enough to sign for them), so now I have to wait with anticipation until I get home. Got here precisely 11 weeks after I ordered online through goaliemonkey, so a week faster than the earliest quoted time. Might have to use them in my game tonight. Update with photos coming when I get home.

Nice. I used mine the first night I got them and really didn't have any issues. The glove is a little stiff out of the box but that's about it. I'm really liking my set so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wox33 said:

Nice. I used mine the first night I got them and really didn't have any issues. The glove is a little stiff out of the box but that's about it. I'm really liking my set so far.

I only got the pads, so I will use mine tonight in my game. They came in looking fantastic, and I'm very excited to use them. The super soft boot break is something I really like, combined with the stiffness of the thigh portion of the pad. I got them with the Loose Fit leg channel and, from messing around with the strapping at home, it was definitely the right choice for me. And they seal perfectly (on my living room floor 😃).  

IMG_7064.thumb.jpg.f44312a46962e64cd9129db6411a5d29.jpg

IMG_7065.thumb.jpg.dab7bcd3aa533b8c4f2b02fd0c99c356.jpg

IMG_7066.thumb.jpg.e859b2f68b6240f305b7b61f22d26727.jpg

IMG_7067.thumb.jpg.21d65c0518b53adc1b3bee9de466bfff.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They played fantastic. Took me about a period to really get used to them, but they are rock-solid stable in the butterfly and the seal is incredible. Very light, too - these are 32+2 (CCM runs large) and are within a few grams in weight as my 33+1.5 Optik pads. Sliding felt about the same between the two pads, and I didn't notice any appreciable decline in sliding performance with the SpeedSkin over the course of the game as the ice got worse.

I removed both the boot strap and the outer knee flap, but I think I need to put one of them back on in order to prevent them from riding up too far when I am in the butterfly. Which would be the better one to keep everything in place? I feel like strapping behind the knee instead of down to the calf might hold it there more, but I am concerned that it might also impede rotation. Whereas using the boot strap would still enable the pads to ride up the leg a bit, but strapping the knee elastic down to the calf and having a wide open knee is maybe better for rotation. If anyone has tried out combinations of these options, what worked for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, BadAngle41 said:

Great use of Red, White, and Blue accent on these. Really makes me wish I had the foresight to have done something similar on my EF1 Retroflex set. Their life with me will be over come September with a new set on order... but just wanted to comment on how much I liked yours. Well done.

Appreciate the kind words! My team wears a red based Capitals throwback with the stars on the chest, I based these off the Bernier Retro Kings setup from a while back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sticks came in like a month ago, but I've been dealing with a sprained hand and a wonky knee so I only got to use these once.

On the shaft, 142-3T refers to the curve, STE refers to the steep shoulders and 25" is the height (duh!).

Main.thumb.jpg.ddcc1c5cfd5d4f27194e6fe338ddcd3d.jpgShaft.thumb.jpg.3f97032328a7f75388a171e4e69da80a.jpgShaftUnder.thumb.jpg.b2f9936bcb67065736918bd3bf7cff77.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 4:30 PM, Teezle said:

I only got the pads, so I will use mine tonight in my game. They came in looking fantastic, and I'm very excited to use them. The super soft boot break is something I really like, combined with the stiffness of the thigh portion of the pad. I got them with the Loose Fit leg channel and, from messing around with the strapping at home, it was definitely the right choice for me. And they seal perfectly (on my living room floor 😃).  

IMG_7064.thumb.jpg.f44312a46962e64cd9129db6411a5d29.jpg

IMG_7065.thumb.jpg.dab7bcd3aa533b8c4f2b02fd0c99c356.jpg

IMG_7066.thumb.jpg.e859b2f68b6240f305b7b61f22d26727.jpg

IMG_7067.thumb.jpg.21d65c0518b53adc1b3bee9de466bfff.jpg

Are those lifted ridges on the EF4 knee cradle firm or squishy?  I'm always so drawn to those when I see pics.  I would love to take those and install them on my VE8 pads.  The one thing about my pads I dislike is the knee block area.  The velcro system is incomplete and there is nothing...firm or technological looking about the cradle like these EF4 ones. 

I wonder if I could completely redo my knee area.....hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Are those lifted ridges on the EF4 knee cradle firm or squishy?  I'm always so drawn to those when I see pics.  I would love to take those and install them on my VE8 pads.  The one thing about my pads I dislike is the knee block area.  The velcro system is incomplete and there is nothing...firm or technological looking about the cradle like these EF4 ones. 

I wonder if I could completely redo my knee area.....hmmm.

They look firm, but they are actually quite cushioning. The big block under them is firm, and then the panel that is the sliding surface part of the knee is ultra-firm (note that these are subjective descriptions, not official ratings). The knee block is one of the things that drew me to the CCM pads in the first place and having used them now for ~10 ice times, I can say that the stability and comfort of the knee area is top notch. I'm planning a review of all of my new gear over the weekend and I'll try to get a video of my hand pressing into the knee stack there for better illustration.

Edited by Teezle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    1,082
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    MBrown27
    Newest Member
    MBrown27
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By bunnyman666
      Warning: this mod is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. It is by NO MEANS a pro-looking mod, but will make your blocker look campaigned. This is a usability mod, NOT for looks. 
      Have you ever bought a blocker and had a hard time closing your hand around your stick? This rabbit has, and knows full and well that it won’t get any better.
      A big portion of blame goes to the poor design of the index finger design, but also to the thumb, as well. If I didn’t like the palm, I probably would have this done by a professional whilst getting it re-palmed. I like the simple Ivory Nash palm this blocker has. When this palm gets tired, I will ask to have the thumb re-worked and fix my handiwork on the index finger protection. Being of TWO ethnicities who pride themselves on saving money, I figure “why not use up this palm first? I can make the finger protection work well enough to grip a stick comfortably and still have redundant index finger protection; it’s not like people are going to zero in on the finger protection and besides- I saved a bit of money!”
      You will need a seam ripper, serrated edge knife, 50 grit sand paper, a curved leather needle, sharp scissors, a clothespin, and sail thread. Upcoming posts will show the steps.
    • By SuperSieve1
      Ordered pads and a blocker (pictured) a while ago now (still have a little over 3 weeks of waiting on the blocker and a month on pads😔). 
      I currently use a Larceny glove. The plan was to stick with it, but I am considering just buying a new glove to match my set.
      I havent been able to try on either VE8 glove or the SLR 2. 
      Can anyone tell me if any of those would be similar to my Larceny? Hoping to get somewhere to try them on soon.
      Also contemplating just pulling the trigger on a 5500.
      Thanks!


    • By Puckstopper
      Isn't it the other way around?  600=baseball closure aka 60 degree,  590=75 degree and 580= roughly 90 degree? 
×
×
  • Create New...