CCSH

24 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

12 weeks?!?!?

I ordered a few weeks before Teezle and was quoted 10-12 weeks so I must've got in before orders got really bad since I was hearing 8 weeks just days before I submitted my order. That or GM hasn't been making their payments to CCM.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 4:58 PM, TVille31 said:

@TheGoalNet Curious to get your thoughts on the stiffness of EF4 vs P2. Both overall and specifically the boot. Anything in general you like better on P2 when comparing to the EF4?

Thanks a bunch.

at retail, the EF4 boot (deep ULTRA soft i believe) was wayyyyyyy softer than the p2. upper break flex felt similar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you finish customizing gear on CCM's customizer, CCM saves your design and shows you the pictures of what the gear will look like.

If you right-click the image of the gear, you can see a link to that image file - in this case: https://microsites.ccmhockey.com/microsites/eflex-4/core/order_imgs/EF4-190626-18_1561581422_glove.png

If you truncate that link to remove the link to the image file, you'll get this - https://microsites.ccmhockey.com/microsites/eflex-4/core/order_imgs/

From there, it seems you can view all the EF4 designs that have been saved by anyone who has ever used the EF4 customizer.

You can tweak the link to find out the same thing for P2 - https://microsites.ccmhockey.com/microsites/premier-2/core/order_imgs/

No specs or customer names are available. Just images of designs.

Wonder if this is a security issue.

Fun if you want to see other people's designs, though, I guess.

OpenDir.thumb.png.4d07d1c4e07ae21747bd47be20f56732.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 10:54 AM, wox33 said:

I ordered a few weeks before Teezle and was quoted 10-12 weeks so I must've got in before orders got really bad since I was hearing 8 weeks just days before I submitted my order. That or GM hasn't been making their payments to CCM.

Mine showed up at my door about an hour after I got to work this morning (wife was kind enough to sign for them), so now I have to wait with anticipation until I get home. Got here precisely 11 weeks after I ordered online through goaliemonkey, so a week faster than the earliest quoted time. Might have to use them in my game tonight. Update with photos coming when I get home.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, Urabus33 said:

Here they are. 9 weeks. First ever custom set. 

34+2, soft boot, EF3 strapping, through boot strap (for accent color),

590 glove +1 tee skate lace,

binded blocker w/ P2 cuff.

66275918_10220163202498150_5331666732174016512_n.jpg

Great use of Red, White, and Blue accent on these. Really makes me wish I had the foresight to have done something similar on my EF1 Retroflex set. Their life with me will be over come September with a new set on order... but just wanted to comment on how much I liked yours. Well done.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

Mine showed up at my door about an hour after I got to work this morning (wife was kind enough to sign for them), so now I have to wait with anticipation until I get home. Got here precisely 11 weeks after I ordered online through goaliemonkey, so a week faster than the earliest quoted time. Might have to use them in my game tonight. Update with photos coming when I get home.

Nice. I used mine the first night I got them and really didn't have any issues. The glove is a little stiff out of the box but that's about it. I'm really liking my set so far.

6 hours ago, wox33 said:

Nice. I used mine the first night I got them and really didn't have any issues. The glove is a little stiff out of the box but that's about it. I'm really liking my set so far.

I only got the pads, so I will use mine tonight in my game. They came in looking fantastic, and I'm very excited to use them. The super soft boot break is something I really like, combined with the stiffness of the thigh portion of the pad. I got them with the Loose Fit leg channel and, from messing around with the strapping at home, it was definitely the right choice for me. And they seal perfectly (on my living room floor 😃).  

IMG_7064.thumb.jpg.f44312a46962e64cd9129db6411a5d29.jpg

IMG_7065.thumb.jpg.dab7bcd3aa533b8c4f2b02fd0c99c356.jpg

IMG_7066.thumb.jpg.e859b2f68b6240f305b7b61f22d26727.jpg

IMG_7067.thumb.jpg.21d65c0518b53adc1b3bee9de466bfff.jpg

They played fantastic. Took me about a period to really get used to them, but they are rock-solid stable in the butterfly and the seal is incredible. Very light, too - these are 32+2 (CCM runs large) and are within a few grams in weight as my 33+1.5 Optik pads. Sliding felt about the same between the two pads, and I didn't notice any appreciable decline in sliding performance with the SpeedSkin over the course of the game as the ice got worse.

I removed both the boot strap and the outer knee flap, but I think I need to put one of them back on in order to prevent them from riding up too far when I am in the butterfly. Which would be the better one to keep everything in place? I feel like strapping behind the knee instead of down to the calf might hold it there more, but I am concerned that it might also impede rotation. Whereas using the boot strap would still enable the pads to ride up the leg a bit, but strapping the knee elastic down to the calf and having a wide open knee is maybe better for rotation. If anyone has tried out combinations of these options, what worked for you?

On 7/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, BadAngle41 said:

Great use of Red, White, and Blue accent on these. Really makes me wish I had the foresight to have done something similar on my EF1 Retroflex set. Their life with me will be over come September with a new set on order... but just wanted to comment on how much I liked yours. Well done.

Appreciate the kind words! My team wears a red based Capitals throwback with the stars on the chest, I based these off the Bernier Retro Kings setup from a while back

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 4:30 PM, Teezle said:

I only got the pads, so I will use mine tonight in my game. They came in looking fantastic, and I'm very excited to use them. The super soft boot break is something I really like, combined with the stiffness of the thigh portion of the pad. I got them with the Loose Fit leg channel and, from messing around with the strapping at home, it was definitely the right choice for me. And they seal perfectly (on my living room floor 😃).  

IMG_7064.thumb.jpg.f44312a46962e64cd9129db6411a5d29.jpg

IMG_7065.thumb.jpg.dab7bcd3aa533b8c4f2b02fd0c99c356.jpg

IMG_7066.thumb.jpg.e859b2f68b6240f305b7b61f22d26727.jpg

IMG_7067.thumb.jpg.21d65c0518b53adc1b3bee9de466bfff.jpg

Are those lifted ridges on the EF4 knee cradle firm or squishy?  I'm always so drawn to those when I see pics.  I would love to take those and install them on my VE8 pads.  The one thing about my pads I dislike is the knee block area.  The velcro system is incomplete and there is nothing...firm or technological looking about the cradle like these EF4 ones. 

I wonder if I could completely redo my knee area.....hmmm.

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Are those lifted ridges on the EF4 knee cradle firm or squishy?  I'm always so drawn to those when I see pics.  I would love to take those and install them on my VE8 pads.  The one thing about my pads I dislike is the knee block area.  The velcro system is incomplete and there is nothing...firm or technological looking about the cradle like these EF4 ones. 

I wonder if I could completely redo my knee area.....hmmm.

They look firm, but they are actually quite cushioning. The big block under them is firm, and then the panel that is the sliding surface part of the knee is ultra-firm (note that these are subjective descriptions, not official ratings). The knee block is one of the things that drew me to the CCM pads in the first place and having used them now for ~10 ice times, I can say that the stability and comfort of the knee area is top notch. I'm planning a review of all of my new gear over the weekend and I'll try to get a video of my hand pressing into the knee stack there for better illustration.

Archived