X900 Colors Don't Match

Awgoalie164

4 hours ago, creasecollector said:

Congrats on the custom set. I just ordered my very first custom set late last year.

Sorry to hear about the colour differences, but once a bunch of puck marks hit these pads, you won't notice the difference as much which is nice. If you need the pads to get ready for the season, I say keep them and learn about the whole experience for your next custom set down the road. Chances are Bauer will have things figured out by then.

Its apperently fixed on the 2Spro printing process. That's why there's more custom graphics showing up. The printing has never looked the same to leather. 1S had a few colours (navy looked purple, sport gold just looked gross, and red looked pinkish) 1X fixed the blue but red looked even more pink. So far 2S no problems.

24 minutes ago, Jacob Musselman said:

Its apperently fixed on the 2Spro printing process. That's why there's more custom graphics showing up. The printing has never looked the same to leather. 1S had a few colours (navy looked purple, sport gold just looked gross, and red looked pinkish) 1X fixed the blue but red looked even more pink. So far 2S no problems.

Oh ok

56 minutes ago, Griffin Davis 31 said:

Could you get intermediate sizes? Whats the price range? Could you get certain specs like strapping or knee block changed like on the website? And do you have any ideas on why this hasn't been introduced a ton to the public yet?

I’m not a Bauer rep so I’m not totally sure but for the most part I think you can only get custom colors and embroidery. I asked for some custom specs but everything seems to be stock... I think the reason it hasn’t been introduced to the public is because they wouldn’t make as much as people would opt for the cheaper option over all. 

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea either that or the settings I have on screen I am using is too dark.

i just turned up my screens brightness as bright as it can get and they still look like they match lmao

It does seem like a small issue but for around $3000 you had damn well better get what you asked for.

Anyway I guess people can add this to the list of issues Bauer has with their goal equipment since their departure from JRZ. Lots of information and stories out there on Bauer's gear, I say shame on people who don't do their homework and order anyway. I do feel for the consumers though.

40 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

It does seem like a small issue but for around $3000 you had damn well better get what you asked for.

Anyway I guess people can add this to the list of issues Bauer has with their goal equipment since their departure from JRZ. Lots of information and stories out there on Bauer's gear, I say shame on people who don't do their homework and order anyway. I do feel for the consumers though.

These were actually the X900 pads custom so they cost me less than 1400. But I have heard Bauer has a issue with durability. However I bought the S190 skates over 2 years ago and no complaints. I took a risk getting these but I think it will be worth it in the end. Besides from what Bauer has done between the 1S’s and 1X’s, the middle price point pad has been more durable than then top of the line.

On 7/5/2018 at 10:28 PM, Griffin Davis 31 said:

Could you get intermediate sizes? Whats the price range? Could you get certain specs like strapping or knee block changed like on the website? And do you have any ideas on why this hasn't been introduced a ton to the public yet?

Very minimal spec changes available now. It’s coming to the pro gear soon, but I doubt it trickles down past 2S or 1X

@TGC-Rance Are you taking custom X900 orders? If so, can you share if anything is possible besides colors?

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Very minimal spec changes available now. It’s coming to the pro gear soon, but I doubt it trickles down past 2S or 1X

@TGC-Rance Are you taking custom X900 orders? If so, can you share if anything is possible besides colors?

Besides colors there is not much. You can get a custom embroidered logo on the front of the pad and the other typical embroidery. But that’s about it.

789944F0-C577-4C33-B2C9-3EBA81697B8D.jpeg

17 hours ago, Awgoalie164 said:

These were actually the X900 pads custom so they cost me less than 1400. But I have heard Bauer has a issue with durability. However I bought the S190 skates over 2 years ago and no complaints. I took a risk getting these but I think it will be worth it in the end. Besides from what Bauer has done between the 1S’s and 1X’s, the middle price point pad has been more durable than then top of the line.

S190 and X900 don't have a full CORETech skin like the 1s, 2s, and 1x. I think most of the durability complaints came from that.

The S190 has full jenpro all the way around, the X900 has jenpro, but with CORETech on the sliding surfaces. They're almost identical in construction to the TotalOne, and that's why you don't see such widespread complaints on the Senior Bauer models.

1 hour ago, goalieThreeOne said:

S190 and X900 don't have a full CORETech skin like the 1s, 2s, and 1x. I think most of the durability complaints came from that.

The S190 has full jenpro all the way around, the X900 has jenpro, but with CORETech on the sliding surfaces. They're almost identical in construction to the TotalOne, and that's why you don't see such widespread complaints on the Senior Bauer models.

Ya true. There is CORtech throughout the pad. The sliding surface, top and bottom toe bindings, and the weird roll like things on the front.

On 7/8/2018 at 9:01 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Just the colours available however we have only done 2-3 at the INT. level just due to the cost difference, wait time etc.

Archived