Unequal Tech Brand Padding

I bought the insoles because the idea of Maltese insoles always interested me but they haven't done it yet so Unequal was the next best. However, they weren't even close to fitting, even though I chose the correct size. And their returns FAQ said they have to be unaltered to be able to return them so I didn't even try trimming them. The other stuff looks cool but I don't really have any desire to spend the money on it since I don't really need any of it. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I bought the insoles because the idea of Maltese insoles always interested me but they haven't done it yet so Unequal was the next best. However, they weren't even close to fitting, even though I chose the correct size. And their returns FAQ said they have to be unaltered to be able to return them so I didn't even try trimming them. The other stuff looks cool but I don't really have any desire to spend the money on it since I don't really need any of it. 

D30 is available in insoles, maybe you could look at those as an alternative?

I use their Cobalt shirt for lacrosse

I am a lax goalie, but I run the ball up the field a lot, meaning every player on the field wants to hit me the hardest they can. 

My chest protector covers only the front of my chest and I have little to no protection of my ribs without the shirt on.

I've taken numerous slashes to the ribs as well as a couple balls to the sternum, and the shirt has done very well, the padding works wonders

It fits great and is very comfortable, but I haven't tried it out during hockey yet, as I purchased it for lacrosse at the beginning of the year. 

4 hours ago, CCSH said:

I use their Cobalt shirt for lacrosse

I am a lax goalie, but I run the ball up the field a lot, meaning every player on the field wants to hit me the hardest they can. 

My chest protector covers only the front of my chest and I have little to no protection of my ribs without the shirt on.

I've taken numerous slashes to the ribs as well as a couple balls to the sternum, and the shirt has done very well, the padding works wonders

It fits great and is very comfortable, but I haven't tried it out during hockey yet, as I purchased it for lacrosse at the beginning of the year. 

Have you used or seen Maltese up close? 

If yes, how do they compare?

I would like to get some of this to put in my mask. The problem is they don't sell it geared towards being layered behind other padding. Everything is just a drop in, remove once done.  I don't see anything that can be glued in permanently. I bought a pair of insoles but through eBay only cost me $20 shipped. Trimmed them a little to fit custom Bauer skates. Seriously thinking of picking up another pair and try find the d30 insoles to try them both out in my firefighter Boots.

14 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

I would like to get some of this to put in my mask. The problem is they don't sell it geared towards being layered behind other padding. Everything is just a drop in, remove once done.  I don't see anything that can be glued in permanently. I bought a pair of insoles but through eBay only cost me $20 shipped. Trimmed them a little to fit custom Bauer skates. Seriously thinking of picking up another pair and try find the d30 insoles to try them both out in my firefighter Boots.

Is your only issue with Masks the lack of glue? 

Dows this seem any different or better compared to Maltese?

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Have you used or seen Maltese up close? 

If yes, how do they compare?

Their product is Kevlar-based.

Maltese uses an air frothed gel.

I'm very curious about the shirt.  I'm not sold on its application in helmets/masks.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Is your only issue with Masks the lack of glue? 

Dows this seem any different or better compared to Maltese?

No it not about the gluing it in. Everything listed for helmets on there site is drop in only for helmets nothing listed is permanently mounted. I have emailed them and they don't suggest mounting it. Where I asked about the stuff Halak,and Hiller had it was custom made not offered to public. I wanted to do what Hiller did with unequal, then Maltese over the top. I may just go Maltese or even Shocktec Air2gel. 

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

No it not about the gluing it in. Everything listed for helmets on there site is drop in only for helmets nothing listed is permanently mounted. I have emailed them and they don't suggest mounting it. Where I asked about the stuff Halak,and Hiller had it was custom made not offered to public. I wanted to do what Hiller did with unequal, then Maltese over the top. I may just go Maltese or even Shocktec Air2gel. 

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they would sell sheets of it or if I’d just have to cut pieces from other products and glue myself.

20 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

D30 is available in insoles, maybe you could look at those as an alternative?

D30 doesn't make sense to me in insoles. D30 hardens on impact, which is the opposite of what you'd want in an insole. I'm looking for squishyness. I wish Maltese would just release some trim to fit insoles!  

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

D30 doesn't make sense to me in insoles. D30 hardens on impact, which is the opposite of what you'd want in an insole. I'm looking for squishyness. I wish Maltese would just release some trim to fit insoles!  

Valid concern. I get your point. 

The marketing verbiage says it disperses impact and that's the benefit.  

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2578476&type=product&WT.z_btnclk=YMAL-2578476&WT.z_pg_ref=prd2578475

26 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Valid concern. I get your point. 

The marketing verbiage says it disperses impact and that's the benefit.  

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2578476&type=product&WT.z_btnclk=YMAL-2578476&WT.z_pg_ref=prd2578475

I mean, I guess I could try it. It just sounds like the opposite of what I'm looking for. 

I had tried some gel insoles from the drug store but because they aren't stiff it's REALLY hard to get them in my boots. Damn VH and their ridiculously good foot wrap!

• 3 months later...

I'm doing some research into foams for a custom fit for my masks/ combos. I called unequal today and said their Solo helmet padding is supposed to be used on the inside of the the foams (so the insert is in contact with your head). I also inquired whats the best Nuro tech liner to use for a mask/helmet, they suggested the solo over the gyro for hockey. Anybody have experience with both liners?

• 1 year later...

Archived