R.I.P. Ray Emery

Mike24

16 hours ago, MTH said:

With all due respect - his coffin better be as great looking as his gear. We all know that's how he'd want it. 

Staying on a boat overnight makes more sense as to why he was there. Just reading the story it seems so random. I first assumed a boating accident like Jose Fernandez or something worse like former Flyers Dimitri Tertyshny who was struck by the boat he was in. Tertyshny fell forward out of the boat after it hit a wave, the boat ran over him, and its propeller slashed his neck and his jugular vein.

Which is also pretty nuts.

Ray made playing goalie look pretty darn cool.

That’s true

15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I think some people need to chill a little.  Unless you know someone personally I really don't understand why people get so defensive over the death of someone in which they didn't know.

You get defensive for someone like that because they are not here to defend themself

4 minutes ago, Awgoalie164 said:

You get defensive for someone like that because they are not here to defend themself

Stop lol, he wouldn't be here to defend himself even if he was alive.  Again, you don't know them, just relax.  That goes for everyone, on both sides of the argument.  People are not forced to like someone just because they are dead now.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Stop lol, he wouldn't be here to defend himself even if he was alive.  Again, you don't know them, just relax.  That goes for everyone, on both sides of the argument.  People are not forced to like someone just because they are dead now.

Death of celebrities bring out weird emotions in people, especially if they are young like Ray Emery. 

It’s the stories that come out six months plus AFTER their death that are fascinating to me, like the revelation that Charles Kuralt had another family and BUNCHES of land in either Montana or Wyoming that his legal wife did not know about! That is stuff that comes out when a person can not defend themselves!

I used to have a shirt that said something like 'when you die, we'll split your gear'.

Man, Ray had some fantastic gear. How renegade would it be if at his funeral they had his gear around him instead of flowers and all?

Ray seemed cool. Tragic loss. I'm sure his funeral and all will be all class. But he is and always will be a gear god to us.

31 minutes ago, MTH said:

I used to have a shirt that said something like 'when you die, we'll split your gear'.

Man, Ray had some fantastic gear. How renegade would it be if at his funeral they had his gear around him instead of flowers and all?

Ray seemed cool. Tragic loss. I'm sure his funeral and all will be all class. But he is and always will be a gear god to us.

It could be that his gear would be there as it seems that he was VERY proud of the sets he had. I’d hope some goes into a hockey museum. 

4 hours ago, MTH said:

That would be awesome.

Sorry to hear about this. Waay too young. Very sad.

Never knew he had the nickname "razor". Was it because of the Brian's pads or the blow? ⛷️

PS- To all the over-sensitive people out there who are offended by everything: get over it. ...and learn to live and laugh a bit before your time runs out as well. Walking around angry and offended at every little thing is no way to go thru life. Nobody on this thread has demeaned Ray in any way. He's one of us. It's all in good fun. If you don't get it, go to an Irish wake.

31 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Sorry to hear about this. Waay too young. Very sad.

Never knew he had the nickname "razor". Was it because of the Brian's pads or the blow? ⛷️

PS- To all the over-sensitive people out there who are offended by everything: get over it. ...and learn to live and laugh a bit before your time runs out as well. Walking around angry and offended at every little thing is no way to go thru life. Nobody on this thread has demeaned Ray in any way. He's one of us. It's all in good fun. If you don't get it, go to an Irish wake.

However- a wake is not a funeral home viewing as so many incorrectly call them. A wake is rip roaring drunk fun!!!!

26 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Oh please, just because someone doesn't agree with something that was posted does not mean that I was 'offended' by it — that's your own interpretation. And I've been to many an Irish wake in my family, they're terrific. I'd still go out on a limb and say Ray Emery wasn't Irish ;)

I just don't like the idea of a bunch of strangers speculating that someone who just died was at fault for their own demise (be it drugs, or reckless behavior) when nobody really knows what happened. I'm certainly not positing that Ray Emery was beyond criticism, or that you have to like someone when they die, or any of the things people are inferring here. I just don't see the value in jumping to conclusions when someone's been dead for a few hours, seems truly pointless. I think there's something to be said giving the deceased a moment's peace before retreading well-known tabloid gossip. Last I have to say on this topic.

11 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

I just don't like the idea of a bunch of strangers speculating that someone who just died was at fault for their own demise (be it drugs, or reckless behavior) when nobody really knows what happened. I'm certainly not positing that Ray Emery was beyond criticism, or that you have to like someone when they die, or any of the things people are inferring here. I just don't see the value in jumping to conclusions when someone's been dead for a few hours, seems truly pointless. I think there's something to be said giving the deceased a moment's peace before retreading well-known tabloid gossip. Last I have to say on this topic.

I mean, it's human nature. We're generally morbidly curious and Emery's cause of death isn't anything different than speculating about how a plane went down, a car crash or a mass shooting. I don't see any value to stifle those thoughts just because of some ethical stance you have.

People die, people want to know why. This is especially true with a celebrity and a peculiar cause of death. Emery fits the bill.

And it isn't gossip if it's well documented. I don't know why you're sticking with the wish washy stance of his cocaine use being up for debate. The guy liked the powder.

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, it's human nature. We're generally morbidly curious and Emery's cause of death isn't anything different than speculating about how a plane went down, a car crash or a mass shooting. I don't see any value to stifle those thoughts just because of some ethical stance you have.

People die, people want to know why. This is especially true with a celebrity and a peculiar cause of death. Emery fits the bill.

And it isn't gossip if it's well documented. I don't know why you're sticking with the wish washy stance of his cocaine use being up for debate. The guy liked the powder.

Coop, go back and reread. You won't find me saying anywhere on here that he never used cocaine... I've seen the same pictures you have. I said it was pointless to talk about it or speculate that it played a role in his death hours after the man died.

3 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Coop, go back and reread. You won't find me saying anywhere on here that he never used cocaine... I've seen the same pictures you have. I said it was pointless to talk about it or speculate that it played a role in his death hours after the man died.

I know. You were just referring that it was just gossip and not actually something that was well known. Gossip is usually hearsay.

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

I'd still go out on a limb and say Ray Emery wasn't Irish ;)

You are saying black people can't be Irish? Isn't that racist? What do "real" Irish people look like? Little Tukka Rask looking leprechauns with red hair and green suits eating Lucky Charms while doing a jig to bagpipe music? Maybe Ray "identified" as Irish. Maybe Ray identified as a woman too. Maybe Ray was a transgender black-Irish lesbian. Man, poor guy, so confused, no wonder he jumped off the boat and drowned himself. ?

26 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Gossip is usually hearsay.

Whaaaaat? ?‍♂️

54 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Someone needs a nap...

Are you saying I'm tired because I was up all night snorting coke off a Russian prostitutes belly? Because I have absolutely no comment regarding that. And I would like to point out that I have many common facial features and that alot of people look very much like me, so you are probably mistaken.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:11 PM, estogoalie said:

Are you saying I'm tired because I was up all night snorting coke off a Russian prostitutes belly? Because I have absolutely no comment regarding that. And I would like to point out that I have many common facial features and that alot of people look very much like me, so you are probably mistaken.

So you look scandinavian ?? Esto wants to be scandinavian you often hear haha ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived