Advice Please! Looking For Info on Non Pro Warrior RGT Pads

Jets26

Hi Guys, 

Literally just found this forum and looking to see if any of you have any advice on some pads. 

I was looking at upgrading and getting some Warrior Ritual RGT leg pads, not the pro version.

I am struggling to find any reviews on these apart from YouTube videos that just talk me through the pad itself, I am looking for people who have actually used these!

I am currently debating whether to buy these new or get some used pads, potentially Passau Axioms.. but the thing is, I really want NEW.

Any advice is welcome, thanks.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Advice Please! Looking For Info on Non Pro Warrior RGT Pads
On 7/17/2018 at 9:10 AM, Jets26 said:

Hi Guys, 

Literally just found this forum and looking to see if any of you have any advice on some pads. 

I was looking at upgrading and getting some Warrior Ritual RGT leg pads, not the pro version.

I am struggling to find any reviews on these apart from YouTube videos that just talk me through the pad itself, I am looking for people who have actually used these!

I am currently debating whether to buy these new or get some used pads, potentially Passau Axioms.. but the thing is, I really want NEW.

Any advice is welcome, thanks.

Been in the SR line since release. Still use them 2-3 times a week.

I'll answer anything to need.

Hey Coopaloop! Thanks for the reply, you have basically answered my questions from reading your review and made my decision much simpler.

I am coming from Bauer Supreme pads (They are very old and used) and not used to this whole velcro strapping system but I love the look of it! These Bauers have no break but they are not that stiff... but when I bought them I didn't really look much in to it, just bought some cheap pads. 

Unsure of what by style is as I love a butterfly but also enjoy the flexibility and movement... I am know to get out of position on purpose, show the goal to make that last ditch highlight reel save LOL - Only later in the training session that is!

But yeah, I love the look of these pads and I love what warrior are doing! I am looking at getting the 34 + 1.5 - I am around 5.10 so hoping that will be okay..

Thanks again and love your review, very helpful.

Dont hesitate to buy Warrior Sr gear.  In my opinion its the best Sr level gear by far.  I've owned a G3 Sr. set and a GT Pro set, not much of a difference between the 2 levels.  My G3's showed less wear than my Eflex 3 Pros after about the same amount of use if that tells you anything.  The glove is solid too, better protection than my Eflex 3 game ready with D3O.

1 hour ago, havok said:

I've JUST started using them too, but for Ball Hockey.

I am a CCM /REEBOK dude so the difference is pretty jarring

I am still getting used to them, one thing is how darned stiff they are.

I am surprised that they are stiff, You on about the R G/T's? I will be going from pads with no breaks to these but I guess they will soften up.

After negotiation I have managed to get the price down to £515 for the pads only. I will also get the catcher/blocker at the same time. 

I am looking forward to new pads... doesn't happen often! 

On 7/20/2018 at 8:31 AM, havok said:

I am still getting used to them, one thing is how darned stiff they are

I found this too. I just bought some lightly used Senior R G/Ts and I find them a bit stiff. I'm coming from Sherwood T95s and I find the Warriors stiff in comparison.

I think part of this may be the way they strap. If find the calf wrap/velcro causes my legs to move a lot more independently within the pad compared to a more traditional wrap and leather straps... if that makes any sense. Its not a bad thing. Just different. After 3 or 4 skates in them they still feel a bit weird, but perform amazing. I have had zero issues with rotation or anything like that. They are always where they need to be no matter what position my body is in.

As for wear, mine have a bit of wear in the inner toe area and at the top corners of the thigh rises where the pads rub against each other. Nothing major... but something to watch out for since there is no binding to replace on these...

IMG_0538.JPG

Archived