Help Me Choose Between Warrior G2 Pro and Brian's Subzero 3 Chest Protectors

Ok my fellow keepers of the crease, I am inthe process of selling my Brown 2300 chesty and although I havnt sold it yet I am looking to replace it with 1 of 2 units (unless you have a better idea). I have used a brown unit for going on 2 decades and they are all I really know so just from a price stand point of my budget I’ve narrowed it down to either a G2 pro or a Subzero3 I’m reaching out for guidance on which direction I should go and why one over the other 

thanks 

Bryan 

17 minutes ago, Matt35 said:

Have you checked out Passau? I just ordered one from them and they are great to work with. 

They aren’t in my budget I’m looking at the clearance sales and my brown won’t bring enough to even consider passau 

8 minutes ago, Bgums13 said:

They aren’t in my budget I’m looking at the clearance sales and my brown won’t bring enough to even consider passau 

I wear a small Warrior but a medium Brian’s and the arms are short on me, though the belly protection extends further down. I don’t know if the next generation changed in sizing.

I went from a Brown 2200/2400 to a g2 pro classic.  I'm quite happy with the choice.  After a couple of skates it feels quite comfortable and broken in.

The g2 is much more mobile and breathable than the Brown.  I feel the shots a little bit more in the G2, but in the way that know exactly where it hits and it helps with tracking rebound.  I like the g2 a lot better (but the brown was slightly big for me so perhaps not the best comparison).  I find most of the mesh parts of newer C/As pill/catch more easily on velcro, and this is no exception, but I do notice it's cooler than my older C/As that were all nylon.

I wanted to try the g2 pro, but I've been warned by a few about the arms: they're great until they break, and if it breaks in-game, good luck.  I still wouldn't mind trying it, though.

Goalie monkey has the g2 pro classic for $350 plus 15% off.  There are a few used sz3 out there, but they cost more than my g2 pro classic new. 

2 hours ago, Rickyzambro said:

I've been trying to decide between thr G2 Pro and G4 Sr, but the 15% may make the decision for me.

How do I get the 15% off the G2s?

contact timeout sourceforsports at goaliegearreviews.gmail.com it will be way cheaper that what goaliemonkey has and more with the exchange rate.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Help Me Choose Between Warrior G2 Pro and Brian's Subzero 3 Chest Protectors

Archived