Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

23 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Mocked this up with the 2S launch coming up. After talking with Rance at TGC, and getting a DM response from the Bauer IG confirming Fall for custom graphics, decided I'll go stock graphic since I want the updated sliding surface and 1X knee block. Not going to wait that long for functional upgrades. 

If the reviews on custom printing come back positive, maybe I'll pull the trigger on some 3S or something :P

(didn't feel like doing both pads, left Hanks original for reference) 

Bauer2S_CustomGraphic.jpg

I am impressed you got that honest answer! Been sitting on the detail, I wonder if that is "public" now :eyeroll:

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am impressed you got that honest answer! Been sitting on the detail, I wonder if that is "public" now :eyeroll:

To be fair, "confirmation" in this case means the words "you can order these in the fall" from whoever runs their IG account. So take that for what it's worth :P

10 hours ago, RichMan said:

Emailed Tydan and they said their blades are 1/4" higher than what's on my Bauers, essentially Step Steel, what I don't want. Does any of these companies make a lower blade replacement?

Not that I'm aware of. Sorry I failed to mention the steel height as well. For me it wasn't an issue, but I can certainly understand where you wouldn't want it.

Perhaps LS5G would be an option for you when it's available. Pretty sure @TheGoalNet's review of the 2S skates said 5G was taller than the 3G... but not sure it's as dramatic as Tydan or Step.

13 hours ago, Hills said:

Here is a look at my very orange Bauer Vapor 1X pads and gloves... 

I'd say the orange looks filthy... but i think you covered the whole dirty aspect. 

I actually do like the orange on orange. My only complaint on the look of 1X pads (and 1S for that matter) is a lack of options for base. Comes in any color you want so long as it's white. Justin Fazio's latest 2S set is a reminder of how good they could look if Bauer had more color zones. In time I suppose. Great looking gear though.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

I'd say the orange looks filthy... but i think you covered the whole dirty aspect. 

I actually do like the orange on orange. My only complaint on the look of 1X pads (and 1S for that matter) is a lack of options for base. Comes in any color you want so long as it's white. Justin Fazio's latest 2S set is a reminder of how good they could look if Bauer had more color zones. In time I suppose. Great looking gear though.

Before Fazio, Bachmann had this amazing set showing what you could do with different base color options

2018-03-07 09_07_40-Goalie Gear Nerd (@goaliegearnerd) • Instagram photos and videos.png

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Or you know, just the graphics as it's a hell of a lot less work, and doesn't impact any of the above.

I don't understand. I lamented the lack of a black base color option. That requires me to wrap the whole thing.

Regarding wrapping the graphics, it's difficult. The 'X' graphic on the 1X is very intricate and there's no stitching to trace, so you really only have the option of doing the whole 'X' at once which looks like this...

Terrible.

image.png.057b524bcf097cf7f634c7dddb0a745c.png

6 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I don't understand. I lamented the lack of a black base color option. That requires me to wrap the whole thing.

Regarding wrapping the graphics, it's difficult. The 'X' graphic on the 1X is very intricate and there's no stitching to trace, so you really only have the option of doing the whole 'X' at once which looks like this...

Terrible.

image.png.057b524bcf097cf7f634c7dddb0a745c.png

I understand what you wrote. But for someone who has a major concern about matching and is willing to drop serious money to do so, padskins is an easy enough way to go about it.

And that set looks fine, you just seem overly picky.

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I understand what you wrote. But for someone who has a major concern about matching and is willing to drop serious money to do so, padskins is an easy enough way to go about it.

@goalieThreeOne I get what you mean, I feel the same about the aesthetic with the Vapors.  The other tricky bit with them is that they aren't a full flat front face like the Supremes.  So if you try to cover over those faux knee rolls with padskins it could look pretty awful.

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I don't mind the look, but since it isn't what I ordered I don't really want them. If I wasn't going to get a black/orange set I would've ordered red/blue and for my Optiks in White/orange/black.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The problem to me is, if you are willing to drop the money you shouldnt be stuck with pad wrapping the gear. I also think that set looks really cheap, and I wouldn't want my top end pads looking like that.

5 minutes ago, Hills said:

The problem to me is, if you are willing to drop the money you shouldnt be stuck with pad wrapping the gear. I also think that set looks really cheap, and I wouldn't want my top end pads looking like that.

And you're right. If he had ordered a set of pads and they came out completely different, or not as expected, I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to padskin it.

But he went out and purchased a full white set and now wants to drop more money for a whole new brand set since his current set doesn't match his team colours? I get that it's his money and that he can do what he wants with it, it just seems kind of dumb considering the reasoning behind it all is "I don't look as cool as I possibly could!"

:idk:

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

To be fair, if I'm dropping $3,000 on a new custom set, I'm allowed to be picky. My current set is a pro return pickup that I didn't choose the colors on. My next set will be custom from the factory

Edited by goalieThreeOne
Clarity

36 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

To be fair, if I'm dropping $3,000 on a new custom set, I'm allowed to be picky. My current set is a pro return pickup that I didn't choose the colors on. My next set will be custom from the factory

( joking)

Holy gear snob!

13 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

You say snob...I say connoisseur.

I google Imaged connoisseur to look up a potentially funny image to post so I can wrack up the reputation points.

I was honestly surprised by the amount of pictures of the a black kid devouring fried chicken...

3 hours ago, Hills said:

I don't mind the look, but since it isn't what I ordered I don't really want them. If I wasn't going to get a black/orange set I would've ordered red/blue and for my Optiks in White/orange/black.

What size are the leg pads?

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

how tall are you?

6'3 ish

4 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Interesting that you went XL in Bauer and 36+1 in your Brian's. I've always read that Brian's runs larger. Does your knee land correctly on both?

Both are basically identical.

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but does anyone know if the 2S Pro stick is going to have the twisty paddle shape and come stock with grip coating?

Yes, the back of the paddle also has an engineered shape too. The paddle is very thin now and there is a 3D ridge on the back of it. I have held it and it's noticeable lighter than 1S

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, the back of the paddle also has an engineered shape too. The paddle is very thin now and there is a 3D ridge on the back of it. I have held it and it's noticeable lighter than 1S

Pictures I've seen haven't been very helpful, but from what I gather there's basically a spine the same rough size and shape as a player stick through the length of the shaft and paddle. Paddle material is removed on the back so that you can actually see this spine. The front has the same ergo twist that the 1s has.

Does that sum it up pretty well?

1 hour ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Pictures I've seen haven't been very helpful, but from what I gather there's basically a spine the same rough size and shape as a player stick through the length of the shaft and paddle. Paddle material is removed on the back so that you can actually see this spine. The front has the same ergo twist that the 1s has.

Does that sum it up pretty well?

Yes, 100% 

The ridge sticks up about the height of a pen’s width