Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Actually I love my s29 skates and have taken some hard shots to them and have maybe felt a thud but not much else 

I’ll just give you the benefit of the doubt and take it as your opinion ?

Never said my opinion wasn’t like an asshole. Just had a VERY traumatic experience with cowling-free, that’s all.

So it seems that I have been calling the plastic that holds the blades a "runner" which is wrong. Watching youtube reviews by shops informed me that the "runner" is in fact the blade itself. So with cowling-less skates now, what should I be calling the plastic part?

Also, I just realised that, maybe my issue with my X700s is the 3mm blade vs the 4mm blade which I was used to for so long. Could it be possible?

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

So it seems that I have been calling the plastic that holds the blades a "runner" which is wrong. Watching youtube reviews by shops informed me that the "runner" is in fact the blade itself. So with cowling-less skates now, what should I be calling the plastic part?

Also, I just realised that, maybe my issue with my X700s is the 3mm blade vs the 4mm blade which I was used to for so long. Could it be possible?

Just like player skates, the plastic part that holds the runner is called a holder

• Thanks 1

First time poster here, so bear with me if I've put this in the wrong area, but I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find anything beside the occasional goalie monkey review. 

Does anybody have any real world experience with the Bauer 1x pants? The good? The bad? Anything? For reference, I'm coming from a pair of RBK 9k pants, and wear a 1s chest protector tucked. My main concern is the half internal, half external belt and how that would integrate and affect tucking my chest protector.

On 9/2/2018 at 1:55 AM, RichMan said:

I need a little survey (even though I know it comes down to personal preference, but different makes equals different takes) to see if you wear your 1X skates: 

A) Tight
B) Loose
C) A little snug

After 2 hours of hockey last night with wobbly skates, poor mobility control and really sore chewing at the ankle bones - in 30 years of playing nets I've never (aside from my beginnings) had a wonky feeling standing in my skates. Sucks!!! 

6 hours ago, RichMan said:

I need a little survey (even though I know it comes down to personal preference, but different makes equals different takes) to see if you wear your 1X skates: 

A) Tight
B) Loose
C) A little snug

After 2 hours of hockey last night with wobbly skates, poor mobility control and really sore chewing at the ankle bones - in 30 years of playing nets I've never (aside from my beginnings) had a wonky feeling standing in my skates. Sucks!!! 

I got x900 and tie them tight. Sometimes not tight enough and have loose ankle every now and then. 

You can always use tape like Biron lol

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so tonight I had another 2 hour game. I tied my X700 skates tighter and it helped. There was a little soreness at the ankles but nothing serious.

Maybe someone can answer me these questions:

- Other than material and blade upgrade, is there much comfort difference between the X700 and X900 skate?

- Has anyone worn the Supreme 9000 and went on to the Vapour X skates and tell me their account on feel, fit and performance (aside from the no-cowling and 3mm blade)?

On 9/8/2018 at 1:14 PM, RichMan said:

A) Tight
B) Loose
C) A little snug

I also have the X700, and tie them about as tight as I can - but then I’ve only ever been a skater before February of this year, so tight is all I know. Like @itis121 said, once in a while I don’t get them as tight as I should, and it feels a bit loose - in a shitty, distracting way. I did that last week, and told myself I need to focus more on lace tying next time! Lol!