Jump to content
TheGoalNet

Bauer Gear

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, goalieThreeOne said:

But you can't see it with a black leg channel.

Its still there.  Maybe he doesn't care about the stains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Its still there.  Maybe he doesn't care about the stains.

Yeah but it's less gross looking when you go to sell it.

I mean, suit yourself, I guess. But why wouldn't you want to hide stains if you could?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I mean, suit yourself, I guess. But why wouldn't you want to hide stains if you could?

Because he doesn't own a black light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha.  It's true, coop, ever since i quit SVU, i haven't needed my blacklight.  Since this point, i've been able to enjoy non-solid-color gear without being utterly disgusted by stains.  It's been great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Y'all are a strange bunch. I guess I'm the only one bothered by sweat stains in my 1x leg channel. Do you, bros.

Me either...haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Y'all are a strange bunch. I guess I'm the only one bothered by sweat stains in my 1x leg channel. Do you, bros.

I don't like white based gear personally.  I am just saying some people don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness it is just a preference thing.  it's really just the outside calf wrap that looks odd to me.  When it's all black, it just looks too street hockey for me.  I don't mind the black for the inside base color, up and down the leg channel like the Lefevre designs, just not on the outside calf/knee wraps.  I noticed a lot of the pros have a white base for some reason (maybe it's just bc a lot of them use the 1x strapping), and it got me thinking why its not available on the Bauer website customizer.  If anyone knows the answer, let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Goalline said:

  I noticed a lot of the pros have a white base for some reason (maybe it's just bc a lot of them use the 1x strapping), and it got me thinking why its not available on the Bauer website customizer.  If anyone knows the answer, let me know!

Because we're not important enough.

The pros are a marketing tool, they'll make pads however they want just to get air time in the show.

Plus, the economies of scale to constantly do custom orders for Joe Schmo doesn't make sense for them on a production level. So they limit the amount of custom options in order to effectively and quickly pump out pads.

Edited by coopaloop1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To @coopaloop1234 's point, it's probably just an extension of the decision to not let you mix and match any colour combos you want.  One less thing to have to switch over on the production line.  It sucks, but when you've had huge issues delivering other aspects of the gear, you take the gains you can get.

It used to be an option on the 1S customizer.  Not sure if you ordered from somewhere with real good relationships with reps if you could push for it still.  They don't have any local shops building pro orders anymore right?  I could see it being a no go if they just didn't have white materials off-shore, but somebody has it somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, need some help finding a curve for a Bauer stick. Looking to improve my stick handling and the Justin peters pro returns I have aren't cutting it. The pattern is close to a wedge/rask. Looking for a Bauer curve that can help me elevate the puck or just improve stickplay. If anyone can help me out that would be great :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, a_miller01 said:

Hey, need some help finding a curve for a Bauer stick. Looking to improve my stick handling and the Justin peters pro returns I have aren't cutting it. The pattern is close to a wedge/rask. Looking for a Bauer curve that can help me elevate the puck or just improve stickplay. If anyone can help me out that would be great :)

What model bauer stick do you want? 

If it’s 2S Pro, you’re limited to P31

Pro Skate Goal has P34 in 2S Reg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 10:23 PM, TheGoalNet said:

What model bauer stick do you want? 

If it’s 2S Pro, you’re limited to P31

Pro Skate Goal has P34 in 2S Reg 

2s or 1s doesn't specifically matter, just wanna hear some thoughts on different curves and other people's experience with their curves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to bend back the finger curl on a 1x glove due to the curve in it? Or it's something I can get Factory Mad to fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, itis121 said:

Is it possible to bend back the finger curl on a 1x glove due to the curve in it? Or it's something I can get Factory Mad to fix?

That's part of the Factory MAD process, or it can be if you ask for it. That's one of the things he will do in addition to a floating skate lace T to make it flappy. Check out his instagram to see how it looks. I assume PAW could do the same thing.

An alternative would be to use a 1s/2s glove which presents more open to the shooter. IMO opening up the 1x negates all the advantages of the 1x in the first place (namely, puck handling and puck security when covering, plus finger leverage on closure). But I suppose if you're in love with that break angle, it's an option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goalieThreeOne said:

That's part of the Factory MAD process, or it can be if you ask for it. That's one of the things he will do in addition to a floating skate lace T to make it flappy. Check out his instagram to see how it looks. I assume PAW could do the same thing.

An alternative would be to use a 1s/2s glove which presents more open to the shooter. IMO opening up the 1x negates all the advantages of the 1x in the first place (namely, puck handling and puck security when covering, plus finger leverage on closure). But I suppose if you're in love with that break angle, it's an option. 

Dennis over at Factory Mad can definitely do it. In fact I had to just about talk him out of doing mine when he was going in to replace a broken cuff.

Pretty sure Sara over at PAW isn’t doing any further repair work like this. She’ll make accessories etc and build you a new set of her own... but no luck on that sort of thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

An alternative would be to use a 1s/2s glove which presents more open to the shooter. IMO opening up the 1x negates all the advantages of the 1x in the first place (namely, puck handling and puck security when covering, plus finger leverage on closure). But I suppose if you're in love with that break angle, it's an option. 

ya just got the glove and just finished a game with it. I noticed that the curl did help with puck handling but was a bit too excessive on finger actuation. Just opening it up a bit will make the similar to what I'm use too.

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Dennis over at Factory Mad can definitely do it. In fact I had to just about talk him out of doing mine when he was going in to replace a broken cuff.

Pretty sure Sara over at PAW isn’t doing any further repair work like this. She’ll make accessories etc and build you a new set of her own... but no luck on that sort of thing. 

It was a prostock glove w/ a supreme finger protection and cuff. Ill see what my skate shop can do, the glove was cheap but came with a rip on the T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ward in 1x skinned as 2s pads? I think curv is only in the vapor pads and the poron is only in the supremes.

you can see by the across the knee strap the curv logo

IMG_1115.jpg

Edited by Max27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Max27 Curv is in both lines, but you're right, the Vapor's are the ones with the logo beside the knee cradle.  Supremes have the triangle at the top of the thigh rise.

There are a few goalies in what look like much more than just 2S pads with Vapor strapping.  I think Ward had Vapors skinned as Supremes last season too.  I wonder why they wouldn't just have them in 1/2X.  Player likes the graphic better?  Bauer wants more even representation of the lines in the public eye?

Edited by Mroy31
added tag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

@Max27 Curv is in both lines, but you're right, the Vapor's are the ones with the logo beside the knee cradle.  Supremes have the triangle at the top of the thigh rise.

There are a few goalies in what look like much more than just 2S pads with Vapor strapping.  I think Ward had Vapors skinned as Supremes last season too.  I wonder why they wouldn't just have them in 1/2X.  Player likes the graphic better?  Bauer wants more even representation of the lines in the public eye?

they skin it to promote the new pads. they do it in their player gear too. I.E Patrick Kane uses a total one stick skinned as a 1x lite to promote the stick even if he doesnt like it.

And youre right, for a part of last year ward had 1x w 2s graphic. Not sure abt the blocker bc if i remember right when he used vapors his blocker didnt have binding. likely a 1s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have any experience with chest protector sizing between the Vaughn V7 and the Bauer vapor 1x. I am currently in a large Vaughn and it fits well enough other than the arms being a tad long. According to the hockey shop sizing chart the Xl Bauer has shorter arms then the large Vaughn and is only half an inch longer in the chest. I don’t have anywhere nearby to try on a 1x so the hockey shop sizing chart is the best thing I’ve seen as far as comparisons go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    1,055
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Smity72
    Newest Member
    Smity72
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By Awgoalie164
      So I got a custom set of Bauer Vapor X900’s but the sport gold colors don’t match. I talked to a rep from Bauer and he said it’s the way they different parts are on the pad. The base color sport gold seems lighter while the vapor logo looks more orange. They said this is because the base color is printed and the vapor logo is cut out and placed on. If you ordered a custom set like this how would you feel if the colors were different like this?

×
×
  • Create New...