GSBB - Dead?

On 11/19/2020 at 3:02 PM, maelstrom said:

Hey all, I wanted to make everyone aware that the GSBB database was apparently hacked a while ago and user data is now circulating as part of a much larger leak. (You can read more about that here.)

The main issue would be that if you use the same email and password on other sites that you did on GSBB, you should change your password on the other sites ASAP.

This leak has data from a lot of web sites, probably a lot of them small abandoned forums like GSBB that didn't get security updates. You can see the full list of web sites involved here and here in case you want to check for others.

Good thing I don't use the same username on any other websites.  Wait...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this is where everyone from GSBB is hanging out. I was looking for reviews on the differences between Gnetik3 and Gnetik4 catchers lamenting that GSBB no longer exists and stumbled upon you here. R

The amount of good stuff on GSBB that was lost and most likely never to be shared again is pretty sad. Wasted many hours on GSBB - Fun times.

Yea, sad so many epic posts+threads are gone  I thought the internet was "forever". I mean nowadays with "cancel culture" people are losing their jobs over some dumb crap they posted 10-15 years ago..

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Remember liking the thread with various people's modifications.

Also trying to remember the exact name of the thread for the Combo lovers but coming up blank.

Also, remembering every so often someone would post a pic of Marco Streit's mask wondering what the hell it was.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

Remember liking the thread with various people's modifications.

Also trying to remember the exact name of the thread for the Combo lovers but coming up blank.

Also, remembering every so often someone would post a pic of Marco Streit's mask wondering what the hell it was.

I think it was "Combo Wearing Dork" or something of that nature.

• Like 2

The saddest thing about GSBB's demise is that there is no longer an archival trace on line to research or re share elsewhere. I lost some cool pics of my past gear and events I uploaded there. Some discussions could still be used as historical time lines, like what Neums would post of his stint in the pros from the 70s on up. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, RichMan said:

The saddest thing about GSBB's demise is that there is no longer an archival trace on line to research or re share elsewhere. I lost some cool pics of my past gear and events I uploaded there. Some discussions could still be used as historical time lines, like what Neums would post of his stint in the pros from the 70s on up. 

Yea, whole situation sucks

On 2/27/2021 at 11:29 AM, bildeer said:

I think it was "Combo Wearing Dork" or something of that nature.

It was the CWD Official Thread - I was a big poster there.

I also had one all about SK2000 helmets. Tons of good info just vaporized...

24 minutes ago, MTH said:

It was the CWD Official Thread - I was a big poster there.

I also had one all about SK2000 helmets. Tons of good info just vaporized...

I spent way too much time on that website, it sure is a shame a lot of the stuff is gone. 

On a side note, did you know that Tommy Salo retired?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Does anyone know anything about it?

I am assuming there is no way to add that archive here?

I think they set the original server to self-destruct upon shutdown. A lot of the ORIGINAL original stuff was kinda lost when they did the first transfer to the new server/platform. We HHHHAAATTTEEED the new format and colours. Apparently there was no other way to better serve the community said Paul Fricker. Sean agreed with Paul but you could tell between the lines that he was also feeling the pain. 

On 2/28/2021 at 2:19 PM, dreadlocked1 said:

I posted this in another thread last year.  It's not a functioning website but you can dig.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131103071332/http://www.goaliestore.com/board/index.php

It is very hard to navigate that.  I remember going back and trying to read some old inline hockey threads to find something I had posted.  I found that once you go threw a few pages the links stop working.  Ugh man, such a fucking shame. 

Just now, dreadlocked1 said:

Bill Cosby still an influence? 😆

I knew someone was bound to jump on that one. In all honesty, I am still heart broken about that. He was a role model of mine (the good stuff people saw in front of the camera and in his books). I raised my kids with the same kindness and humor he portrayed to the public. It's a very unfortunate event.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RichMan said:

I knew someone was bound to jump on that one. In all honesty, I am still heart broken about that. He was a role model of mine (the good stuff people saw in front of the camera and in his books). I raised my kids with the same kindness and humor he portrayed to the public. It's a very unfortunate event.

We never truly know the real person behind the public persona of celebrities and public figures. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RichMan said:

I grew up with him too.  The Huckstables were a nice family.  That's hollyweird for ya though!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dreadlocked1 said:

I grew up with him too.  The Huckstables were a nice family.  That's hollyweird for ya though!

I did a whole report on him in 8th grade. Had to listen to his albums (before the internets) for material and look it up in the encyclopedia. He was the favorite son of Philly at the time. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately was is the word. 
Sadly fame, money etc Blah Blah corrupts people.  

If I’m gonna remember the good Bill Cosby it will pudding pops ( freaking delicious). And that bit he had about people getting drunk on weekends.  “I give you 2 days off and this is what you do to yourself”. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Unfortunately was is the word. 
Sadly fame, money etc Blah Blah corrupts people.  

If I’m gonna remember the good Bill Cosby it will pudding pops ( freaking delicious). And that bit he had about people getting drunk on weekends.  “I give you 2 days off and this is what you do to yourself”. 

Don't forget the bit on his dentist visit. Fat Albert and the Gang. The show when he interviewed kids about life. 

I'm keeping the good memories with me.