2X Pro

TheGoalNet

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, Pauly35or00 said:

I'm very interested in seeing some photos of the 2X Sr. gear I wonder when we'll get some  information on the non-pro lines?

Go back a few pages and you’ll see pictures of the X2.7. Expect the non pro lines to be similar to the X900 and X700 that are already out but with updated graphics. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, G_B said:

Do you know what the "insert profile" option does? Also, the "pro bump" for the knee block? Thanks!

Insert profile mean how thick the insert in the middle is. You can choose Thin like the Vapor 1x or Thick like the 2s.

Pro Bump is kind of like Bauer's version of a knee leveler from Warrior. Normally the sliding surface is narrower than the knee landing block. This puts a bump on the knee landing block so that there's not a gap underneath. Here's what it looks like from Warrior:

image.png.ac07745a294fa4e5c94dca1f18c692db.png

2 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Insert profile mean how thick the insert in the middle is. You can choose Thin like the Vapor 1x or Thick like the 2s.

Pro Bump is kind of like Bauer's version of a knee leveler from Warrior. Normally the sliding surface is narrower than the knee landing block. This puts a bump on the knee landing block so that there's not a gap underneath. Here's what it looks like from Warrior:

image.png.ac07745a294fa4e5c94dca1f18c692db.png

Thank you!

So supreme insert would make the pad overall stiffer? Stiffer boot/under knee? Will the pro bump option change the overall size of the knee block or just put the bump there? Stock bauer knee blocks look a bit small compared to the other brands. 

7 minutes ago, G_B said:

Thank you!

So supreme insert would make the pad overall stiffer? Stiffer boot/under knee? Will the pro bump option change the overall size of the knee block or just put the bump there? Stock bauer knee blocks look a bit small compared to the other brands. 

To be honest I'm not sure, but I think you're on the right track. Probably makes it have less torsional flex so it's more like a stiff board and less twisty than stock.

As far as the knee block, I have no idea. AFAIK this is the first time it's been offered to the public as an option on the OD1N series, so I've never seen live pictures of it. My guess is no. I'm getting it for the extra bit of security since I have the leakiest five-hole in the known universe.

2 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

To be honest I'm not sure, but I think you're on the right track. Probably makes it have less torsional flex so it's more like a stiff board and less twisty than stock.

As far as the knee block, I have no idea. AFAIK this is the first time it's been offered to the public as an option on the OD1N series, so I've never seen live pictures of it. My guess is no. I'm getting it for the extra bit of security since I have the leakiest five-hole in the known universe.

I've been in contact with 2 different retailers and none of them had any idea of exactly what these options did, lol. I'll have to wait and see, I guess. Your set looks great! I heard that the ETA is shorter with the "pro custom" gear. How many weeks were you quoted?

14 hours ago, G_B said:

I have been in contact with him actually, about a week ago and he said he had no info from Bauer regarding those options

Ditto for me... I know he was out on vacation when Bauer rolled out the customizer etc... not to mention it seems like there has been some revisions to what was rolled out at that point anyway. 

Good to see a specification sheet inclusive of the Black  Back Cover though.

14 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

You need to talk to @TGC-Rance

Did you go through Rance on yours?

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Did you go through Rance on yours?

I did. There is a Pro Custom pdf he can probably send you, but unfortunately like CCM, it doesn't explain what the options are in great detail. However, it's even worse because it doesn't even show you a picture. The Pro Bump is something I inferred on my own, if I'm wrong, then I've ordered a weird option that I guess I'm gonna have to live with. Most of the others are pretty self explanatory. The Knee/Shin stiffness I think is the same option as the Dynamic Flex/Powerlite option in the online customizer, by process of elimination since there's no other way to specify that in the customization sheet.

Other options include: Change the lengths of the Tunefit strap and calf wing strap, offset or centered toe bridge (HAL, CRS, or skate lace), Quattro or Catch Palm in the glove, standard or reinforced T (double or single T), game/pro/practice palm, square or angle knee block (bump or no bump), senior/XL/intermediate internals on glove or blocker, delete thumb pillow.

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

With the approval from @TGC-Rance here are the screenshots of the options (Even he isn't 100% sure what the Pro Bump option is):

2091216158_ScreenShot2019-04-04at9_17_03AM.thumb.png.d32384fcceb709802aefa671ae701085.png60299373_ScreenShot2019-04-04at9_17_07AM.thumb.png.35d76e1c1c5d5e5ee138f9ac0af9fd55.png2044183698_ScreenShot2019-04-04at9_17_10AM.thumb.png.9af4c2c35d79d0c4e007196282253e63.png

YES!!! THANK YOU!!! I've been working on a set that will have to go through Bauer's True Design process... and these help tremendously. I haven't bothered Rance much over the past few weeks as the Full Custom process wasn't slated for release until May.

Love a couple of things I see here...

1. The fact that Pro Bump has no explanation (to @goalieThreeOne's note)
  2. Insert Profile  & Thigh can be made to a Supreme... but keeps a Vapor Boot Break?
    1. Supreme (Thick) Profile Insert + Extra Stiff Thigh

Pro Bump note... I didn't even realize Bauers didn't have the bump... and I've demo'd 1X and 2S as well as poured over images of the 2X before... I mean hell... my EF1 Retroflexes have it. 🤷‍♂️

image.png.a436ece0997fb4811d2519b3f8cae8e4.png

12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’ll try to have more on this soon... 

Thanks! Also, if you can ask a scource at Bauer, please ask why they opt for such a small knee block... The only benefit i would see is weight savings but makes fit and probably stability/comfort worse. Higher chance to land outside/on the edge of the block.

Archived