2X Pro

TheGoalNet

1777442617_ScreenShot2019-04-05at10_27_14AM.thumb.png.cecc40a65022187b3328fdc1c788e70c.png

27 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't understand the difference between custom and Pro-Custom. Is it just an extra label and I'm overthinking it?

Additional options and faster turnaround time.  No sure why the difference but its there

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cwarnar said:

Additional options and faster turnaround time.  No sure why the difference but its there

So $100 extra for a few more options and a faster turnaround. Seems like a strange decision for my standpoint, but I'm sure there's some sort of reasoning behind it.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

So $100 extra for a few more options and a faster turnaround. Seems like a strange decision for my standpoint, but I'm sure there's some sort of reasoning behind it.

Ya.  But it is encouraging to see Bauer offering options at retail.  Its not nearly the smorgasbord that CCM or Brians offers but its a start 

4 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Ya.  But it is encouraging to see Bauer offering options at retail.  Its not nearly the smorgasbord that CCM or Brians offers but its a start 

Just needs the custom printing to finally come to retail. Wasn't that supposed to come in September? and then December? And then February? and then Spring?

Seems like @TheGoalNet 's insider information is incorrect. ;)

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't understand the difference between custom and Pro-Custom. Is it just an extra label and I'm overthinking it?

Custom is the standard custom option you build with Bauer’s online customizer. Pro custom gives you additional custom options shown on the pdf above for an additional upcharge and a (supposedly) reduced lead time

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Brian's upcharges you for certain upgrades like angle knee blocks or different glove internals. They also charge for expedited assembly. The only difference between the two is Bauer gives you a menu of expanded options for a flat rate upcharge and Brian's does so by request. It's not strange, it's smart.

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Just needs the custom printing to finally come to retail. Wasn't that supposed to come in September? and then December? And then February? and then Spring?

Seems like @TheGoalNet 's insider information is incorrect. ;)

Can’t hit a moving target. It was mid March until mid March hit and it got pushed back last minute. Fortunately, any retialer can validate I’m not making this up!!! 

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Not from Bauer, my opinion... 

On the upside,  I think Bauer is trying to simplify the process by saying these options = $100 more and then these = $200 more. This is MUCH more effective than emailing a store a list of your specs and then waiting to see how much extra Brian’s or Vaughn will charge you. Bauer’s approach is easier and more transparent. 

Brian’s and Vaughn have charged small fees for very long time for certain options. IMO, Bauer is looking to generate extra revenue following the same logic. 

On 4/4/2019 at 1:31 AM, TheGoalNet said:

I’ll try to have more on this soon... 

Finally got a hold of my contact at Bauer. He’s traveling abroad, so it might be another week until I can confirm anything 100%. Sorry. 

In the interim, here’s my best guess...

the knee block is probably a larger knee block with a more pronounced  leveler on it. I think I’m with the crowd on this consensus 

As for the thick or thin insert... 2X is very thin. 2S is more traditional width. Here’s a comparison with Premier 2. So I’m pretty sure this is the change with that option.

What am I said, Vapor has a very flat boot. It’s almost 90 deg. I’m still curious if the thick insert also changes the boot angle back something more like 2S or not 

0BA528F6-7B71-471D-8178-39074DB697E2.jpeg

49993C4E-0FA9-420E-A804-EC6F591B4B40.jpeg

46F61AD2-A2B3-4832-A130-B8A92D518E41.jpeg

D2810D4F-EDD0-4414-BCAD-4906AD6E5847.jpeg

16 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, the 100 deg boot angle and Z shape are much different than the upright boot and S curve of the Premeir 2.

2X L = 35+1

Premier 2 = 35+1.5

yeah the 2x look taller. Is a +1 bauer= +2 CCM?

19 minutes ago, Max27 said:

yeah the 2x look taller. Is a +1 bauer= +2 CCM?

Bauer isnt really +1, It's size L. I have been told L best corresponds to 35+1. 2X Pro sits tighter and taller on my leg. However, they play shorter in the butterfly

9 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Bauer isnt really +1, It's size L. I have been told L best corresponds to 35+1. 2X Pro sits tighter and taller on my leg. However, they play shorter in the butterfly

why do they play shorter in the butterfly?

On 4/6/2019 at 11:11 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Because of the flatter boot and Z shape. 

The flatter boot makes the shin sit lower and closer to your leg. The lack of S keeps the thigh rise from coming in

Worth noting that if you want more of an S in the 2X, you can get it. I store my 1x’s upside down and I’ve brought in the thigh rise 2-3 inches. No weights, no squashing, just storing upside down 24/7

Edit: Wanted to add more detail. I store them upside down with the thigh rise on the floor and the boot leaning up against the wall. The top of the thigh rise should be somewhere parallel with the boot break. The goal there is to make sure the center of gravity is directly over the top of the thigh rise so that the pad's weight isn't leaning against the wall, but rather pushing down on the thigh rise. The prime time to do this is when it's warm, wet, and soft after you place. Come home and immediately store them. Once it dries, the foam will shrink a bit into place. it does take time, 2 months or so. Don't squash it or heat it up. You don't want to tear the foams or undo the adhesives. Just take it slow.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:12 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Can’t hit a moving target. It was mid March until mid March hit and it got pushed back last minute. Fortunately, any retialer can validate I’m not making this up!!! 

Here I am, I can confirm that, at this point to me I just think it will launch with the 2x pro mid may!

12 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Are these stock color?

Depends on the retailer. Retailers generally pick their own colorways to put on the shelves. GM may carry different color options than THS for example. Almost certainly though, this will will be one of the stock options at many retailers as the "all white" option.

Just noticed the Stick customizer on Bauer's site has been updated.  Looks like you can now get a few more custom options again: Blade patterns, rounded shoulders...well that's it, but it's better than what they had before and a step closer to custom grips.  2S Pro only has P31 and P34 patterns, but you can get the rounded shoulders on that one too.

2X Pro patterns
724046043_BladePatterns.PNG.5dbe3d61501978a01c3a478bbced87a1.PNG

Stock vs. Round Shoulders
896475019_StockShoulder.PNG.0d67399e0dc848cb885abc35115c43b4.PNG

1621317825_RoundShoulder.PNG.25d9564467520fe3d5c661a69d22e3d2.PNG

Doesn't look like there's a minimum order and if I ordered off the site today it says expected delivery is May 27th.  $329.98 CAD all-in with shipping ($309 base price vs. $339 for 2S Pro).  Looks like retail +$10 and shipping for custom order.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, goalieThreeOne said:

Depends on the retailer. Retailers generally pick their own colorways to put on the shelves. GM may carry different color options than THS for example. Almost certainly though, this will will be one of the stock options at many retailers as the "all white" option.

I can confirm this is the stock colorway, booking/special colors being red-navy-blue-black (logos, bindings and spears)

Archived