2X Pro

TheGoalNet

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

This is for the Pro Bump knee option? 

Pro Bump knee is an extended knee block with a notch at the end that is level with the knee landing.
See a Warrior G4/CCM knee blocks for an example.
It extends outward and the whole knee landing is a meant to be one flat piece.

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Update!!! 

The knee block is as as expected. The larger knee block is a bigger knee block with leveler 

The thick shin is literally just a thick shin. The boot will still be the flat 100 deg boot 

@maxtm30 @BadAngle41

Thanks for the info... with regard to the thick shin... would the expected result be a firmer shin for harder rebounds? Similar to the difference in performance between the Dynamic Flex to Powerlite? 

Also wondering if the result of a thick shin to flat 100 deg boot will end up looking like that guy at gym who lifts upper body... and ONLY upper body...

image.png.c2a79ffd3eb9ac938bb83bfc14b6aca4.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Thanks for the info... with regard to the thick shin... would the expected result be a firmer shin for harder rebounds? Similar to the difference in performance between the Dynamic Flex to Powerlite? 

Also wondering if the result of a thick shin to flat 100 deg boot will end up looking like that guy at gym who lifts upper body... and ONLY upper body...

image.png.c2a79ffd3eb9ac938bb83bfc14b6aca4.png

I was told the thick shin had no standout performance benefit, some people just preferred a thick style 

I’m guessing the rebounds don’t change, but how they feel might, thicker shin probably dampens the feel more? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 11:50 AM, ZeroGravitas said:

Pro Bump knee is an extended knee block with a notch at the end that is level with the knee landing.
See a Warrior G4/CCM knee blocks for an example.
It extends outward and the whole knee landing is a meant to be one flat piece.

A good look at the Pro Bump option 

3 hours ago, Telfo said:

Pretty wild that the pro bump isn’t just the stock option.

anyone know if the custom graphics program is actually launching this time or will it be pushed again?

"Should" in line with the retail release the net week or 2...

48 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

100% composite. Mine should be here any day.

Nice. My 1S I got on launch day is just starting to crackle in the paddle, so might be in the market this year. 

Also might still grab a 2S pro if I can find a sale. 

Screenshot_20190515-115816_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f6849a8b8ce3ec2076aa5986bc350fcb.jpg

5 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Interesting post by @Hills on Instagram. In my opinion the flip looks so much better than the look of the stock graphics.

I'd be curious if Bauer would allow this under their custom graphic program

Screenshot_20190515-081542.thumb.png.b68f96ad9b36aed93b26d0747669b13e.png

In my opinion that flip look looks too similar to popular EF4 designs, and I like it better stock 

1 hour ago, big seven o said:

In my opinion that flip look looks too similar to popular EF4 designs, and I like it better stock 

Completely agree here, the graphic tend to flow from the boot,s inner edge toward to thigh's outer egde in recent years anyways, making the opposite makes the 2X more unique imo.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:00 PM, Mroy31 said:

So is the 2X Pro stick all composite now or still some kind of hybrid like the 1X?

I find that hybrid means composite shaft and wood/foam paddle. 1X isn´t a hybrid, it´s composite stick but there is balsa wood inside. 2X is a composite stick but the inside part is now foam and new Vapor is lot of lighter than older 1X.

Does anyone know how the Bauer leg pads compare to Vaughn in terms of sizing?

I currently wear 28+2 VE8 pads, which are definitely too small.

My foot to knee measurement is a sliver over 18" and I'm a little over 5'4". Would you guys recommend getting an intermediate Medium (31+1) or Large (32+1)?

I have the summer to grow into them. My team stops practicing in a couple days, then we starting practicing again in July, with games starting in September.

I also plan on adding some curve into the pads (2X).

7 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Does anyone know how the Bauer leg pads compare to Vaughn in terms of sizing?

I currently wear 28+2 VE8 pads, which are definitely too small.

My foot to knee measurement is a sliver over 18" and I'm a little over 5'4". Would you guys recommend getting an intermediate Medium (31+1) or Large (32+1)?

I have the summer to grow into them. My team stops practicing in a couple days, then we starting practicing again in July, with games starting in September.

I also plan on adding some curve into the pads (2X).

bauerglp2018.thumb.jpg.b738a6870cf2c5892fb683fab48f8ebc.jpg

So based off of a FTK of 18", you're looking to sit in a M/L intermediate

Archived