2X Pro

TheGoalNet

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

I’m looking at either intermediate medium or large

Well two things:

1. Are you expecting to grow anytime soon (i'm assuming so), then you may want to get the Large to compensate for that.

2. Go try them on. Leg pad sizing charts are great references for understanding which size to get, but not trying them on in store to confirm it will just lead to headaches. Go Try them on.

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Well two things:

1. Are you expecting to grow anytime soon (i'm assuming so), then you may want to get the Large to compensate for that.

2. Go try them on. Leg pad sizing charts are great references for understanding which size to get, but not trying them on in store to confirm it will just lead to headaches. Go Try them on.

I have started growing a bit, I live in Kazakhstan though, so there aren’t any stores to try stuff on in really. 

My goalie partner has size small s190s that seem like they would be a little small on me.

39 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

Yes, but I don’t know whether to buy a medium or a large. 😬

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Well two things:

Both what Coop said about trying on... and I'd also add that if you plan on using these more than 1 season and you are growing... the use of a boot strap could allow you to go with Large and also not have to worry about coming off the bottom of the knee landing as you continue to grow.

39 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Both what Coop said about trying on... and I'd also add that if you plan on using these more than 1 season and you are growing... the use of a boot strap could allow you to go with Large and also not have to worry about coming off the bottom of the knee landing as you continue to grow.

I'm not necessarily "planning" on using it for more than one season.

My main concern about getting a large would be that they are too big to the point that they limit my mobility, because I rely on being fast.

7 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

I'm not necessarily "planning" on using it for more than one season.

My main concern about getting a large would be that they are too big to the point that they limit my mobility, because I rely on being fast.

I would go taller, because you're likely to grow. Cinch it down for now. I'm between a S and a M in senior size and had no trouble with mobility in the M although I ordered a S for my 2x set.

2 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I would go taller, because you're likely to grow. Cinch it down for now. I'm between a S and a M in senior size and had no trouble with mobility in the M although I ordered a S for my 2x set.

I'm thinking I should go taller too... it just seems like a big jump from a vaughn 28+2 to a Bauer 32+1.

14 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

What are your measurements? I'm in the same boat as I look to order a Pro Custom set. Small in 2S was ok... but was wondering how the differing boot may make me want to go Medium.

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

What are your measurements? I'm in the same boat as I look to order a Pro Custom set. Small in 2S was ok... but was wondering how the differing boot may make me want to go Medium.

I ordered the same size as my 2s Pro set (XS) I tested the small ealier in the year and they still felt taller than my XS supreme, i'd get the same size personally but there is nothing that compare to trying it out yourself ;) 

On 5/17/2019 at 10:48 AM, BadAngle41 said:

Based on what I've been told is that the sizing had been adjusted to account for the new boot angle. Meaning the landing pad still ends up in the same spot. They've basically increased the shin length to account for the new angle. I ended up going with a S.

2 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Based on what I've been told is that the sizing had been adjusted to account for the new boot angle. Meaning the landing pad still ends up in the same spot. They've basically increased the shin length to account for the new angle. I ended up going with a S.

Good deal... thanks for the note back. I'll be trying to pin down a set I can get my hands on early next week so I can finalize functional specs. Did you go Intermediate on the blocker palm as well? I'm sitting around 7.5" from the tip of my middle finger to the bottom of my palm. @TheGoalNet and I are roughly the same size hand based on his Initial Impressions video and that stock palm is big.

4 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Good deal... thanks for the note back. I'll be trying to pin down a set I can get my hands on early next week so I can finalize functional specs. Did you go Intermediate on the blocker palm as well? I'm sitting around 7.5" from the tip of my middle finger to the bottom of my palm. @TheGoalNet and I are roughly the same size hand based on his Initial Impressions video and that stock palm is big.

I didn't go intermediate on anything. When I picked up my 1x set used, it had an INT blocker palm and it drove me absolutely bonkers with how tight it was. I have a 7.25" hand so I'm right on the border between palms. I ended up sending my 1x blocker to Dennis at Factory MAD to swap in a senior size palm. I don't like to feel seams, so a little bit of extra room is preferred to me so that I don't feel them.

5 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

So jealous right now!!!! my set should come in this week (it will be 10 weeks since I placed my order on thursday)

BTW: nice to see that black tune-fit, looks sick

I thought the tunefit was gonna be white to match the calf wrap. I don't know if I got black because they match the main color, or if that came because I selected the black back Pro Custom option.

Just now, goalieThreeOne said:

I thought the tunefit was gonna be white to match the calf wrap. I don't know if I got black because they match the main color, or if that came because I selected the black back Pro Custom option.

Black back cover includes all the nylon, straps and knee/calf wraps. I didn’t know that until after I ordered but was pleasantly surprised to find out 

1 minute ago, Telfo said:

Black back cover includes all the nylon, straps and knee/calf wraps. I didn’t know that until after I ordered but was pleasantly surprised to find out 

Good deal. In my opinion it should extend to the calf wrap but it looks like Aeroflex only comes in white for some reason.

12 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Good deal. In my opinion it should extend to the calf wrap but it looks like Aeroflex only comes in white for some reason.

Fun fact, you got the Supreme Nylon and not the vapor, looks better though imo

49 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

Fun fact, you got the Supreme Nylon and not the vapor, looks better though imo

Completely okay with that.

Unfortunately, we noticed some damage on the pad from the factory on the left pad. Waiting to hear back from Bauer on how they're gonna handle that. Hopefully they can expedite a replacement pad.

19 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Noticed your pads are a small, so I am assuming you're not too tall? What size blocker palm did you get? If you got standard do you find it big?

48 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Noticed your pads are a small, so I am assuming you're not too tall? What size blocker palm did you get? If you got standard do you find it big?

I'm 5'9". I'm right on the edge of S/M. I'm playing in a M 1x set that had the knee block lowered by Rance so I figured I'd run with a S.

My 2x gloves haven't gotten to my possession yet so I can't comment on those, However my 1x set came with an INT palm in the blocker. What would happen is the seam of the finger would roll over onto my fingerprint when holding my stick and I'd spend the whole game with the gusset digging into my fingers or underneath my fingernails. Plus the wrist size made it hard to get on and off. Dennis K re-palmed my blocker with one of his senior palms and I enjoy it a lot. I'm about 7.5" from middle finger to wrist so I'm right at the upper bound for an INT.

I prefer the senior size because my fingers never touch the seams when I'm holding my stick so I ordered a senior sized palm. I don't mind it being a bit baggy if it means I never feel the seams. I find Bauer's finger elastics to be tight so that helps pull the material back. If the 2x senior palm doesn't work out, I'll have Dennis replace this one too with one of his black palms and end up with better stitching anyway. I think the option of repalming a blocker is something that goes overlooked too often.

tl;dr with a 7.5' hand size, the Senior feels perfect.

Archived