2X Pro

TheGoalNet

13 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I'm 5'9". I'm right on the edge of S/M. I'm playing in a M 1x set that had the knee block lowered by Rance so I figured I'd run with a S.

My 2x gloves haven't gotten to my possession yet so I can't comment on those, However my 1x set came with an INT palm in the blocker. What would happen is the seam of the finger would roll over onto my fingerprint when holding my stick and I'd spend the whole game with the gusset digging into my fingers or underneath my fingernails. Plus the wrist size made it hard to get on and off. Dennis K re-palmed my blocker with one of his senior palms and I enjoy it a lot. I'm about 7.5" from middle finger to wrist so I'm right at the upper bound for an INT.

I prefer the senior size because my fingers never touch the seams when I'm holding my stick so I ordered a senior sized palm. I don't mind it being a bit baggy if it means I never feel the seams. I find Bauer's finger elastics to be tight so that helps pull the material back. If the 2x senior palm doesn't work out, I'll have Dennis replace this one too with one of his black palms and end up with better stitching anyway. I think the option of repalming a blocker is something that goes overlooked too often.

tl;dr with a 7.5' hand size, the Senior feels perfect.

Interesting, thanks

This is where this type of comment comes down to feel. I want my fingers smashed inside the glove. I want the blocker glove to fit as tight as possible.

I have measured and there's about a 1mm difference between the CCM glove fingers and the Bauer. with that 1mm, my fingers don't quite hit the end of the glove fingers and I get bunching of the nash. The 2X Pro feels really nice when I try it on, but I don't like the size when I am holding a stick.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I'm 5'9". I'm right on the edge of S/M. I'm playing in a M 1x set that had the knee block lowered by Rance so I figured I'd run with a S.

My 2x gloves haven't gotten to my possession yet so I can't comment on those, However my 1x set came with an INT palm in the blocker. What would happen is the seam of the finger would roll over onto my fingerprint when holding my stick and I'd spend the whole game with the gusset digging into my fingers or underneath my fingernails. Plus the wrist size made it hard to get on and off. Dennis K re-palmed my blocker with one of his senior palms and I enjoy it a lot. I'm about 7.5" from middle finger to wrist so I'm right at the upper bound for an INT.

I prefer the senior size because my fingers never touch the seams when I'm holding my stick so I ordered a senior sized palm. I don't mind it being a bit baggy if it means I never feel the seams. I find Bauer's finger elastics to be tight so that helps pull the material back. If the 2x senior palm doesn't work out, I'll have Dennis replace this one too with one of his black palms and end up with better stitching anyway. I think the option of repalming a blocker is something that goes overlooked too often.

tl;dr with a 7.5' hand size, the Senior feels perfect.

48 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Interesting, thanks

This is where this type of comment comes down to feel. I want my fingers smashed inside the glove. I want the blocker glove to fit as tight as possible.

I have measured and there's about a 1mm difference between the CCM glove fingers and the Bauer. with that 1mm, my fingers don't quite hit the end of the glove fingers and I get bunching of the nash. The 2X Pro feels really nice when I try it on, but I don't like the size when I am holding a stick.

I’m right at the border based on measurements listed in the My Bauer catalog. Regular felt fine... but I can certainly see how Senior Intermediate would provide that tighter fit someone who is border line might want. 

3007B826-3112-4EFE-AE78-A81C7FB79FED.thumb.jpeg.0722b5479400fa70c2cb88888d31995c.jpeg

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I’m right at the border based on measurements listed in the My Bauer catalog. Regular felt fine... but I can certainly see how Senior Intermediate would provide that tighter fit someone who is border line might want. 

3007B826-3112-4EFE-AE78-A81C7FB79FED.thumb.jpeg.0722b5479400fa70c2cb88888d31995c.jpeg

I am like 7.5 for my hand. So technically, I do need the SR, but I want that palm snug. As mentioned above, the Bauer fingers are all 1mm longer than CCM and Brian's. Had this issue with my retro GNetik 1 set and swapped the palms.

49 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am like 7.5 for my hand. So technically, I do need the SR, but I want that palm snug. As mentioned above, the Bauer fingers are all 1mm longer than CCM and Brian's. Had this issue with my retro GNetik 1 set and swapped the palms.

Oh yeah... but just to be clear... the image shows on Catch sizes on top... while the lower portion is Blocker sizes... in which under the Senior there is actually XL, REG, and INT... which is different from straight INT size. In your case... a Senio INT would be what you're after... not the straight INT.

image.png.095ce896dfb2514877d37e0cb5f0cf0d.png

48 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Oh yeah... but just to be clear... the image shows on Catch sizes on top... while the lower portion is Blocker sizes... in which under the Senior there is actually XL, REG, and INT... which is different from straight INT size. In your case... a Senio INT would be what you're after... not the straight INT.

image.png.095ce896dfb2514877d37e0cb5f0cf0d.png

Ahh, good eye. I just looked at the top section where it says hand size. Didn't see the sub category.

I never been on form before so sorry if I post this wrong. I have 2 questions.

What's the difference between the 2xpro and 2spro goalie pants?

also

What's the difference between the 2xpro and 2spro goalie skate?

25 minutes ago, Hockey3081 said:

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere - 2x stick vs 2s pro. What will the difference be in feel? Is the Vapor similar to the 2s?

Apples and Oranges 

2S Pro is freakishly light and has the ergo spine 

2X Pro uses a new type of textreme and is more like 1S in terms of weight 

On 6/1/2019 at 6:58 AM, Korppi32 said:

I used these twice and so far the Best fitting skates I have ever used. 

IMG_20190601_135046.jpg

Mine arrive tomorrow... and couldn't agree more!! I tried on FT2, AS1, 2S, and 2X... and the 2X just hugged my heel and allowed for flex so well. Anxious to get them on the ice. How do you feel the LS5G Carbon holds up so far? Are you getting nicks from kicking posts or does the Carbon coating actually help like those found on Step & Tydan?

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Mine arrive tomorrow... and couldn't agree more!! I tried on FT2, AS1, 2S, and 2X... and the 2X just hugged my heel and allowed for flex so well. Anxious to get them on the ice. How do you feel the LS5G Carbon holds up so far? Are you getting nicks from kicking posts or does the Carbon coating actually help like those found on Step & Tydan?

I have LS5G on my X900's... Compared to the Blacksteel I had on my Reactor 6000's, the difference is negligible.  Edge holds for about the same amount of time, plus no issues with nicks on the blades.  Just make sure your sharpener doesn't file the blades after or the coating will peel

28 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I have LS5G on my X900's... Compared to the Blacksteel I had on my Reactor 6000's, the difference is negligible.  Edge holds for about the same amount of time, plus no issues with nicks on the blades.  Just make sure your sharpener doesn't file the blades after or the coating will peel

That's good news. I've had both the DLC and TIN coated versions from Tydan and I felt both to be far superior to LS3G steel. It was SUPER soft so almost immediately I transitioned over to Tydan. The filing is a killer though you're right. My biggest issue is that I only have 1 guy locally who I trust to sharpen my skates... and his availability isn't great to begin with... now throw on his summer hours and I feel like I found a four leaf clover when I do get the chance to get a sharpening. 🍀 🍀 🍀

13 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

That's good news. I've had both the DLC and TIN coated versions from Tydan and I felt both to be far superior to LS3G steel. It was SUPER soft so almost immediately I transitioned over to Tydan. The filing is a killer though you're right. My biggest issue is that I only have 1 guy locally who I trust to sharpen my skates... and his availability isn't great to begin with... now throw on his summer hours and I feel like I found a four leaf clover when I do get the chance to get a sharpening. 🍀 🍀 🍀

@bunnyman666 do mail order?

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I had 2S skates this season so I`ve already used LS5G´s one season, can´t say anything bad about those. I had Step blades when I wore Reactors, back then the Stainless steel was awful and I guess LS1 is about same quality. 

17 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

What are the differences between the 2.7, 2.9, and 2X skates?

The quality of the boot, the 2X pro has a curv composite boot, the 2.9 has a lower quality composite boot and the 2.7 is a polymer based boot. Essentially, you gain thermoformability, durability and comfort with each price point. So the question is basically how much are you willing to pay and how often you play a week.

36 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

What are the differences between the 2.7, 2.9, and 2X skates?

15 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

The quality of the boot, the 2X pro has a curv composite boot, the 2.9 has a lower quality composite boot and the 2.7 is a polymer based boot. Essentially, you gain thermoformability, durability and comfort with each price point. So the question is basically how much are you willing to pay and how often you play a week.

As you move up the product line you'll have a stiffer boot to better transfer energy as well as upgrades to just about each facet of the skate (including steel quality.) That said, if you prefer a more flexible boot... the 2.9 and 2.7 will provide that at lower price points to boot. 🥁 Taken from TheHockeyShop.com... their version of specs melded together...

image.thumb.png.d92d2d2382f943aad3a2c33e43016cb4.png

2 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

As you move up the product line you'll have a stiffer boot to better transfer energy as well as upgrades to just about each facet of the skate (including steel quality.) That said, if you prefer a more flexible boot... the 2.9 and 2.7 will provide that as well as lower price points. Taken from TheHockeyShop.com... their version of specs melded together...

image.thumb.png.d92d2d2382f943aad3a2c33e43016cb4.png

Still if you prefer a more flexible boot but play 5 times a week, prepare yourself to change skates often 😂

2 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

Still if you prefer a more flexible boot but play 5 times a week, prepare yourself to change skates often 😂

I could argue a strong case for 2 pairs of X2.9 at the same cost as a 1 pair of 2X Pro w/ an extra set of steels. Of course I did buy 2X Pro already... but that's besides the point.

Archived