TheGoalNet

2X Pro

Anyone know if you can get the little accent marks in the middle of the pad in different colors than the middle color zone? I heard a rumor that that may be an option.

6 minutes ago, kyledjean said:

Anyone know if you can get the little accent marks in the middle of the pad in different colors than the middle color zone? I heard a rumor that that may be an option.

Those marks may turn it into a wallet!!!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kyledjean said:

It is not unless you go true design

Edited by maxtm30

3 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

It is not unless you go true design

Bummer, not being able to color those and only being able to choose between white and black “nylon” on the back seem to be kinda ridiculous this late into coloring gear. Even my epics were able to color the nylon whatever I wanted. 

1 hour ago, kyledjean said:

Any derivation from the stock color zones fall under the $500 True Design program.  I was looking at going metallic gold for the bottom zone and they wanted the $500... Like this set:

image.png.5cb57a5ffc593d3d6ba6b529a2871349.png

18 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Wow

20190823_083945.jpg

This Eagle motif might seem a tad over the top, but it seems quite tame when you consider the original proposed design below (which was ultimately rejected):

image.png.e8a51f82188314092adff023b5898116.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

This Eagle motif might seem a tad over the top, but it seems quite tame when you consider the original proposed design below (which was ultimately rejected):

image.png.e8a51f82188314092adff023b5898116.png

Ha, nice.

Ok so here's a good contrast to the WEST POINT pads in the Sitings thread.

Undeniably, this eagle and all the other stuff look amazing.  But....it looks TOO real for me, like a realistic painting.  This realism on goalie gear just strikes me as so foreign and out of place and strange.  Compared to the boldness and simplicity of the WEST POINT gear, this is kinda messy, despite how realistic clear it is. 

It looks way too much like a painting glued on goalie gear than it does actual goalie gear.

Just my take.

I am loving the stock 2X graphic more and more though.  I'd probably just get some version of it if I ordered 2X gear.

Edited by seagoal

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

It looks way too much like a painting glued on goalie gear than it does actual goalie gear.

Just my take.

You may be on your own for this one. That westpoint gear looked kind of pad and very cluttered.

Which is funny, as this eagle design, despite it being very intricate, seems like a clearer design and has a bit more focus on it's design.

Westpoint just looks like a rough cut and paste job from a magazine to me.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You may be on your own for this one. That westpoint gear looked kind of pad and very cluttered.

Which is funny, as this eagle design, despite it being very intricate, seems like a clearer design and has a bit more focus on it's design.

Westpoint just looks like a rough cut and paste job from a magazine to me.

I can see that.  I mean, the West Point gear is actually cut and sewn and looks blocky, but it works for me.

I'm just now thinking of it in this way but realism on gear looks odd to me, in general.  Just not for me. 

I'm just waiting for actual portraits of people.  It's bound to happen.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, nice.

Ok so here's a good contrast to the WEST POINT pads in the Sitings thread.

Undeniably, this eagle and all the other stuff look amazing.  But....it looks TOO real for me, like a realistic painting.  This realism on goalie gear just strikes me as so foreign and out of place and strange.  Compared to the boldness and simplicity of the WEST POINT gear, this is kinda messy, despite how realistic clear it is. 

Just my take.

I am loving the stock 2X graphic more and more though.  I'd probably just get some version of it if I ordered 2X gear.

Again, I'd give this a "like", but I've run out. I'm just too nice a Canadian I guess -lol!

Agree with this post for sure. Not to get into a whole thing here (armed only with half-formulated thoughts as I am), but it probably isn't a coincidence that this hyper-realism on gear and masks is coming at a time where detail can actually be seen on screens at home. It's weird to us who are over a certain age, because players and goalies were more of an abstract, seen-from-a-distance types of figures who had colour blocks on their gear, and bold, sharp contrast designs thanks to Greg Harrison et al so as to be recognized from that assumed distance (and sometiems even that woudl depend on how well you coudld adjust the bunny ears on your set, or how bad the strom outside was at game time!)

The funniest part is that so many fans and skaters alike never even notice goalie gear! LOL!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I'm just waiting for actual portraits of people.  It's bound to happen.

Just need to wait for the design to go horribly wrong too. :D

84300335.jpg.2ad7649bc9058f08f09f90dcd9d36df1.jpg