Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 20 weeks (huge delay happened with a new form version rolling out; they skipped my set up for a few weeks in the factory before beign told to do it as is) I finallt received my 2X Pro gear so he

I’m ordering these! 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, kyledjean said:

Anyone know if you can get the little accent marks in the middle of the pad in different colors than the middle color zone? I heard a rumor that that may be an option.

It is not unless you go true design

Edited by maxtm30
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

It is not unless you go true design

Bummer, not being able to color those and only being able to choose between white and black “nylon” on the back seem to be kinda ridiculous this late into coloring gear. Even my epics were able to color the nylon whatever I wanted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kyledjean said:

Anyone know if you can get the little accent marks in the middle of the pad in different colors than the middle color zone? I heard a rumor that that may be an option.

Any derivation from the stock color zones fall under the $500 True Design program.  I was looking at going metallic gold for the bottom zone and they wanted the $500... Like this set:

image.png.5cb57a5ffc593d3d6ba6b529a2871349.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

This Eagle motif might seem a tad over the top, but it seems quite tame when you consider the original proposed design below (which was ultimately rejected):

image.png.e8a51f82188314092adff023b5898116.png

Ha, nice.

Ok so here's a good contrast to the WEST POINT pads in the Sitings thread.

Undeniably, this eagle and all the other stuff look amazing.  But....it looks TOO real for me, like a realistic painting.  This realism on goalie gear just strikes me as so foreign and out of place and strange.  Compared to the boldness and simplicity of the WEST POINT gear, this is kinda messy, despite how realistic clear it is. 

It looks way too much like a painting glued on goalie gear than it does actual goalie gear.

Just my take.

I am loving the stock 2X graphic more and more though.  I'd probably just get some version of it if I ordered 2X gear.

Edited by seagoal
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

It looks way too much like a painting glued on goalie gear than it does actual goalie gear.

Just my take.

You may be on your own for this one. That westpoint gear looked kind of pad and very cluttered.

Which is funny, as this eagle design, despite it being very intricate, seems like a clearer design and has a bit more focus on it's design.

Westpoint just looks like a rough cut and paste job from a magazine to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You may be on your own for this one. That westpoint gear looked kind of pad and very cluttered.

Which is funny, as this eagle design, despite it being very intricate, seems like a clearer design and has a bit more focus on it's design.

Westpoint just looks like a rough cut and paste job from a magazine to me.

I can see that.  I mean, the West Point gear is actually cut and sewn and looks blocky, but it works for me.

I'm just now thinking of it in this way but realism on gear looks odd to me, in general.  Just not for me. 

I'm just waiting for actual portraits of people.  It's bound to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, nice.

Ok so here's a good contrast to the WEST POINT pads in the Sitings thread.

Undeniably, this eagle and all the other stuff look amazing.  But....it looks TOO real for me, like a realistic painting.  This realism on goalie gear just strikes me as so foreign and out of place and strange.  Compared to the boldness and simplicity of the WEST POINT gear, this is kinda messy, despite how realistic clear it is. 

It looks way too much like a painting glued on goalie gear than it does actual goalie gear.

Just my take.

I am loving the stock 2X graphic more and more though.  I'd probably just get some version of it if I ordered 2X gear.

Again, I'd give this a "like", but I've run out. I'm just too nice a Canadian I guess -lol!

Agree with this post for sure. Not to get into a whole thing here (armed only with half-formulated thoughts as I am), but it probably isn't a coincidence that this hyper-realism on gear and masks is coming at a time where detail can actually be seen on screens at home. It's weird to us who are over a certain age, because players and goalies were more of an abstract, seen-from-a-distance types of figures who had colour blocks on their gear, and bold, sharp contrast designs thanks to Greg Harrison et al so as to be recognized from that assumed distance (and sometiems even that woudl depend on how well you coudld adjust the bunny ears on your set, or how bad the strom outside was at game time!)

The funniest part is that so many fans and skaters alike never even notice goalie gear! LOL!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
On 8/10/2019 at 12:16 AM, maxtm30 said:

After 20 weeks (huge delay happened with a new form version rolling out; they skipped my set up for a few weeks in the factory before beign told to do it as is) I finallt received my 2X Pro gear so here are a few shots including action ones. The delay occured because I ordered slightly before the official retail from rolled out. Tell me what you think!

67948673_333070804267764_6098537317583028224_n.jpg

67786670_717491595353108_6703087473829871616_n.jpg

68242486_961424090860359_2573076076234276864_n.jpg

67751306_2692047064153555_7006863411095011328_n.jpg

65370429_1067752410088667_553319567296823296_n.jpg

P1040233.JPG

P1040238.JPG

P1040234.JPG

Very nice ! you look close to 5''8 or 5 ''9 what's your pads size small or x-small ? 

compare tight rise to 2S is similar ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone speak to the durability of the 2X pro pads? I recently bought a pair of new P2s that are too short (34+1 and I need a +2) plus I like pads that more and are connected to my legs better. Was looking into potentially picking up a lightly used set but wanted to see about durability issues. I see that weird ankle plate on used 2S’s coming unstitched all the time and wondered if that happened on the 2X’s as well. 
i play mid to high end (mostly mid) beer league and want a pad that will last a few years so I’m skeptical of Bauer but their stuff feels great off the shelf. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 10:31 AM, Mikemc830 said:

Can anyone speak to the durability of the 2X pro pads? I recently bought a pair of new P2s that are too short (34+1 and I need a +2) plus I like pads that more and are connected to my legs better. Was looking into potentially picking up a lightly used set but wanted to see about durability issues. I see that weird ankle plate on used 2S’s coming unstitched all the time and wondered if that happened on the 2X’s as well. 
i play mid to high end (mostly mid) beer league and want a pad that will last a few years so I’m skeptical of Bauer but their stuff feels great off the shelf. 

Been using them over a year once or twice weekly. They've held up wonderfully. I have a little wear at the toe, but I suspect that's due to my pre game stretching routine which I do off ice on the rubber floor. Even my original set up straps is in great condition, no bacon. My Monster toe ties have started to stretch a bit, but I can just re-tie the knot and get them back to original tightness

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...