Maltese GPS Combo: Reiter Spec - Custom

For those of you who are like me...

1. Wear a short chin mask
  2. Hate wearing a dangler
  3. Tired of getting a bruised clavicle

Read on...

In a nutshell, in spite of wearing a neck guard, I've taken some good shots to the neck and clavicle over the years. This past year in particular I had two redirections that caught me by surprise (mind you I stopped them) and left some nice welts. After looking in the mirror at what kind of looked like the state of New Jersey near my throat I realized 2 things:

1. My Premier Pro C/A was ill fitting, not as mobile as I'd like, and needed to be replaced.
  2. Time to invest in a neck guard.

Ouch.thumb.jpg.8078c49c1178f7f03de8831d7e799efe.jpg

I reached out to @Chenner29 letting him know I was interested in demoing a unit. He sent it out and I wore it a handful of times in some year end tournaments. It felt and performed great, so I ordered one. The results is this...

1221656677_NeckGuard01.thumb.jpg.73a330a1da4afe32d88a4cb1f02ca480.jpg189952490_NeckGuard03.jpg.3968e868b56339168d5ac0942b6e524b.jpg956248501_NeckGuard02.thumb.jpg.23caf7f0373c5e6cefd271d4ee4fc21a.jpg

Should help me stay classy with the new C/A unit as well... also with Maltese...

327822356_CompletedCA02.thumb.jpg.f4daf078c502cf3b9c9934da12a3dfcb.jpg713777723_CompletedCA01.thumb.jpg.d2b3caa3f5eb263a95ddd4c1b2f1b02e.jpg1467906197_CompletedCA07.thumb.jpg.e036481bfd993bb009b450e688baa350.jpg

17 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So did you never wear any neck/clavicle protection before this?

I've been wearing a vaughn neck/clavicle since forever and I could not imagine not having it. It's probably saved my ass quite a few times.

15 hours ago, Big2 said:

Incredible - no dangler or neck guard your lucky you weren't seriously injured!

i guess by the 2 purchases that you have learned your lesson - both units are very nice SAFE goaling

To clarify... I've always wore a neck guard. Had a few year old Vaughn VPC 1000 (I think that's the model) on at the time of the incident pictured. Just got caught by a heavy shot that was tipped at the last second.

8 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

To clarify... I've always wore a neck guard. Had a few year old Vaughn VPC 1000 (I think that's the model) on at the time of the incident pictured. Just got caught by a heavy shot that was tipped at the last second.

K good, for a second there I thought you were actually nuts.

8 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

You might have the most custom C&A and neck guard combo on earth 

I just wish the C&A looked like a suit jacket 

WOW. Now that’s an idea worth exploring for the new guy looking for C/A design help. 

Could actually be made pretty easily as well I think. Black arms and floaters, white chest and belly. Maybe get fancy embellishments... ?

Absolutely love my Maltese GPS collars. I have one standard, and one reiter spec. I know people complain about the price but I think it's absolutely worth it. I've been hit by a few deflections so far and while you definitely feel it and it still sucks, I'm sure I was saved from injury both times. 

33 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

WOW. Now that’s an idea worth exploring for the new guy looking for C/A design help. 

Could actually be made pretty easily as well I think. Black arms and floaters, white chest and belly. Maybe get fancy embellishments... ? 

Tuxedo patterned c/a with pocket square

Bow tie at the collar

Expensive watch embroidered in at wrist

7 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Tuxedo patterned c/a with pocket square

Bow tie at the collar

Expensive watch embroidered in at wrist

Sounds like I have some mock up work ahead of me. Real trick will be getting this out to the world and convincing someone they should have it made. 

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What is the Reiter Spec?

Takes a standard GPS Combo and adds:

• 1" Clavicle pad widening
  • 2" Sternum drop
  • Shoulder triangles with the dimensions of 2 x 2.5"

Standard GPS Combo                                                         Reiter Spec

GPS Combo :: Sock Graphics - Click Image to Close  GPS Combo :: ReiterSpec - Click Image to Close

Archived