CCM Premier vs Brians Optik side by side demo

Big2

31 minutes ago, Naz said:

You have to ask?

Seriously though, why do so many people have to have matching setups?  Buy each piece that feels most comfortable and works best.  I always found it refreshing to see Markstrom with everything Bauer, and then a Vaughn glove... Ryan Miller with his CCM blocker and Vaughn pads and glove... Schneider with CCM gloves and Vaughn pads....
I don't think I have ever had a complete matching set, and currently have 3 different manufacturers for Pads, Glove and Blocker.

I get why. The aesthetics of it all matching is hell of a draw. My Warrior set is the full matching set I've had. I've been close with Vaughn (V4 legs, V5 blocker, LT90 glove). But I do get a chubby seeing how slick my set looks since it all matches.

Though, Markstrom hasn't had a Vaughn glove for a few seasons now and Schneider will soon be all CCM (count on it). You don't see too many guys not matching anymore.

jacob-markstrom-looks-to-make-a-save-for-the-canucks.jpg.94d6742dd7c0d17f69707f5ffb132d64.jpg

30 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Naz - that's what I told my son to do, but he tried the 590 and we expect the 600 to be better in regards to this!

Coop is right - my son said, what are you nuts not a matching set!!

Seriously - trying to make any sense with a teenager is not obvious like taking a 2 year old to get a root canal!

Lol, I was just making a joke. But hey, teenagers will be teenagers.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

And not have a complete matching set?

What are you? Nuts?

Dude. I didn't read the whole thread and just read this comment. I just stared at the pictures for 20 minutes trying to figure why didn't match. I thought this was a CCM #GloveGate

SBR - my son only looks at the Forum when I have something to share with him.

I spend a lot of time making sure that I am up to speed on the latest developments in regards to equipment and we discuss it if its worth while. Also being very knowledable allows to cut through the crap at stores and I use it to purge retailers that are not very honest.

4 hours ago, Big2 said:

SBR - my son only looks at the Forum when I have something to share with him.

I spend a lot of time making sure that I am up to speed on the latest developments in regards to equipment and we discuss it if its worth while. Also being very knowledable allows to cut through the crap at stores and I use it to purge retailers that are not very honest.

Smart man

Archived