Next stick

Max27

New Stick  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

• CCM Pro Authentic
    • Sherwood GS650
    • Other- tell me what you reccomend!

my sherwood gs530 is on the verge of breaking and im gonna need a new  stick soon. Which stick should I get? I have a poll i attached with the 2 sticks im considering but there are so many to choose from that i could get. Thanks!

45 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Do you prefer foam core over composite?

I like the feel of foam core over a composite, but i've heard that sticks like the true and 1x sticks are composites that play like a foamcore, so id get one of those. I chose the CCM pro because they have the holtby curve, and that curve seemed like a good for me, as I like to give strong passes when I play the puck, and i'm a big fan of the feel of Sherwoods, so I chose the high end foam core from them as a top option

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

Any suggestions to a specific model? I know you have the BPM150 i was checking that one out as a choice

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, the best stick I’ve ever used. Light as hell and plays like a foam core. If you still want a foam core (just based on my experience), the Reebok Premier 24k is a good one, it’s advertised in some places as a composite stick but is way too heavy to be one. that’s not much of a downside though, it’s still a great stick

18 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, the best stick I’ve ever used. Light as hell and plays like a foam core. If you still want a foam core (just based on my experience), the Reebok Premier 24k is a good one, it’s advertised in some places as a composite stick but is way too heavy to be one. that’s not much of a downside though, it’s still a great stick

Where would I find the 24k?

I agree with southpawtendy, I used the bpm 150 for 2 seasons (then made the switch to the 1s), and it really is an amazing stick especially at the price point, so i would definitely recommend getting that  

3 hours ago, Max27 said:

Where would I find the 24k?

Only found the premier pro, which is essentially the same thing except it’s got the pros’ spec(s). 

https://www.hockeystickman.com/collections/goalie/products/goalie-bauer-premier-pro

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/equipment/sticks/sr-goalie-sticks/reebok-goalie-stick-pro-stock.html

otherwise you might be able to find the 24k at a local goalie store

9 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Only found the premier pro, which is essentially the same thing except it’s got the pros’ spec(s). 

https://www.hockeystickman.com/collections/goalie/products/goalie-bauer-premier-pro

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/equipment/sticks/sr-goalie-sticks/reebok-goalie-stick-pro-stock.html

otherwise you might be able to find the 24k at a local goalie store

il check it out thanks!

10 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Did you spend all of your money in 4 days?  You just posted this lol

i haven't had any money to begin w lol im gonna apply for a job soon so i can get consistent money rather than waiting for birthdays and christmas to roll around ?

i had this poll up to say what i should get when my sherwood breaks, as its got 2 cracks on the heel and blade, and im anticipating it to break

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What size do you use?

26 paddle, with a 26 in shaft. i cut off a lot of it so its easier for controlling the puck when i handle it

im gonna go down to a 25 paddle and keep cutting down the shaft, my control of the puck never was better with the shorter shaft

I've always had good results in performance and durability with my CCM's. And seeing how you like the curve and you like to play the puck a lot, I voted for the CCM Pro.

My last 2 foam core sticks I bought were CCM's. I still have both. I also made the jump to composite with the CCM Premier Plus and after a quick adjustment period, I'm loving these composites.

Archived