Monster Knee Blocks

TheGoalNet

Exactly why I’ve always said the pad should be as modular as possible. The main body would be a single piece base, with knee blocks, calf wedge and calf wraps all held in by separate lines of Velcro allowing easy removal for repair or customization. Calf wrap straps (i.e. smart straps) should be held to the pad at both ends by Velcro allowing them to be R&R’d  easily and quickly (perhaps this is the case already?) Any pad straps should have “quick release” system instead of being sewn in (I think either Bauer or CCM used to have a strap with an enlarged free end that slipped into a tab allowing them to be removed and replaced easily). That way if you want to lose one or two of the top straps you don’t have to cut them out – which IMO is a pretty crude solution.

Manufacturers could profit from this by then making upgrade parts and packages – i.e. “upgraded” knee blocks (perhaps addition of gel) or different smart strapping “packages”…

2 hours ago, Ghostender said:

Exactly why I’ve always said the pad should be as modular as possible. The main body would be a single piece base, with knee blocks, calf wedge and calf wraps all held in by separate lines of Velcro allowing easy removal for repair or customization. Calf wrap straps (i.e. smart straps) should be held to the pad at both ends by Velcro allowing them to be R&R’d  easily and quickly (perhaps this is the case already?) Any pad straps should have “quick release” system instead of being sewn in (I think either Bauer or CCM used to have a strap with an enlarged free end that slipped into a tab allowing them to be removed and replaced easily). That way if you want to lose one or two of the top straps you don’t have to cut them out – which IMO is a pretty crude solution.

Manufacturers could profit from this by then making upgrade parts and packages – i.e. “upgraded” knee blocks (perhaps addition of gel) or different smart strapping “packages”…

Just hope they would not have substandard stuff as standard.

2 hours ago, Ghostender said:

This is exactly how Dennis at Factory Mad likes to build his equipment. 

A lot of the newer Warrior and Brian's gear have some laced in components. That would allow for easy upgrade and replacement

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

This is exactly how Dennis at Factory Mad likes to build his equipment. 

A lot of the newer Warrior and Brian's gear have some laced in components. That would allow for easy upgrade and replacement

Tim Thomas was one of the chief reasons why Dennis made a modular pad. Not only did Tim have many sets of gear, but something always was getting modded. Dennis decided that his product should be very easy to mod.

Archived