Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

9 minutes ago, FriarGoalie35 said:

Yeah I definitely wish the glove graphic was a bit better!

It's Brian's, they will literally do anything you want.  They are the masters and leaders of "if you can think it, we can do it (cut it and sew it)."

If you want CGI and someone to hit "Print" you gotta go to the other B guys ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, seagoal said:

It's Brian's, they will literally do anything you want.  They are the masters and leaders of "if you can think it, we can do it (cut it and sew it)."

If you want CGI and someone to hit "Print" you gotta go to the other B guys ;)

Haha I thought about it! But I'm cool with it, at the end of the day just excited to be getting new gear haha

4 hours ago, Chester said:

Sorry. The glove graphic drives me CRAZY.

This is a butchered job, but this is how the glove should look IMO.

Bstar.jpg

I talked to Brian’s about the glove. They basically felt if they didn’t do it the way they did it, the balance of the balance of the colors was off. 

• Like 1

got both of these about a week and a half ago. black one is from goaliesplus, red one is from THS. Both XS and pro carbon except the red one is the THS spec which was $100 more than the black one and apparently has more protection as said in the description of the product. so far i haven’t been able to tell any differences on the outside in terms of added protection and haven’t really been able to tell between the protection in the sessions i’ve been in. both were really mobile out of the box, but the only gripe i have is that my head movement is a bit restricted but i haven’t adjusted the shoulder floaters yet so maybe that’ll help next time. i’ve used both at least once in a session. gonna try them both one more time to see which one i stick with.

EB5BA053-50E9-412D-AF20-3922F3C88081.jpeg

2AA29561-724C-4D14-8EFF-35CCD8582A11.jpeg

Edited by southpawtendy48

6 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

got both of these about a week and a half ago. black one is from goaliesplus, red one is from THS. Both XS and pro carbon except the red one is the THS spec which was $100 more than the black one and apparently has more protection as said in the description of the product. so far i haven’t been able to tell any differences on the outside in terms of added protection and haven’t really been able to tell between the protection in the sessions i’ve been in. both were really mobile out of the box, but the only gripe i have is that my head movement is a bit restricted but i haven’t adjusted the shoulder floaters yet so maybe that’ll help next time. i’ve used both at least once in a session. gonna try them both one more time to see which one i stick with.

Have the same THS spec one. Love it, but I'm biased because I've pretty much always used a Velocity c/a.

The upgrade is that is has thicker foams/extra carbon in the arms and sternum area. Can definitely tell I'm getting less stingers especially in the arms when compared to my regular retail V7 carbon. It will happen once in a while but stingers are part of being a goalie. 

Edited by Aquilzz

10 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Are you going to sell the one you don't keep?

4 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Have the same THS spec one. Love it, but I'm biased because I've pretty much always used a Velocity c/a.

The upgrade is that is has thicker foams/extra carbon in the arms and sternum area. Can definitely tell I'm getting less stingers especially in the arms when compared to my regular retail V7 carbon. It will happen once in a while but stingers are part of being a goalie. 

yeah i played pickup in it but took a bad angle shot in the upper arm and it stung a bit. gonna play with it again tomorrow. stingers do happen i guess. i’ve gotten worse stingers with my optik lol

5 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

yeah i played pickup in it but took a bad angle shot in the upper arm and it stung a bit. gonna play with it again tomorrow. stingers do happen i guess. i’ve gotten worse stingers with my optik lol

Yeah even with the Spec'd up foams, you're going to feel a shot once in a while. Never gotten anything that bad (knock on wood). But it's just in the arms. It's pretty bombproof in the sternum where the vital organs are. A bruise won't kill you and personally I'd rather have the mobility of a Vaughn unit.

2 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Yeah even with the Spec'd up foams, you're going to feel a shot once in a while. Never gotten anything that bad (knock on wood). But it's just in the arms. It's pretty bombproof in the sternum where the vital organs are. A bruise won't kill you and personally I'd rather have the mobility of a Vaughn unit.

for sure. i tried a pro carbon SLR and i couldn’t get used to it. i liked the chesty but just not for my playing style. i had someone at monkeysports tell me i should try and go for the slr. personally i think you should go with what has good protection but also is what you prefer.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:03 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Nice

Is there any benefit to ordering directly from Gould vs PAW? I believe Sara builds the gear?

I ordered through Gould because I know Stu and had held his gloves in my hands. When I get out of school I can post more pics. The back of the glove has a ‘powered by paw’ logo. The only difference is going through Gould means it will have his name on it. Going through Sara will say Paw on the gear

2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I ordered through Gould because I know Stu and had held his gloves in my hands. When I get out of school I can post more pics. The back of the glove has a ‘powered by paw’ logo. The only difference is going through Gould means it will have his name on it. Going through Sara will say Paw on the gear

Would it be fair to say the Gould has specific things to set them apart from PAW? Of course Sara gives you a myriad of options. She makes solid gear.

21 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Would it be fair to say the Gould has specific things to set them apart from PAW? Of course Sara gives you a myriad of options. She makes solid gear.

You can get one or two piece cuff, 4 different inner glove materials for different types of grip, 3 types of coloring material (Jenpro, weave, and matte), intermediate palm or pro, game ready or extra padding palm, skate lace or regular lace pocket, double or single tee, custom text and much more. Here are some more pics...

AEBB96B9-7D01-4191-BC4E-926171232C15.jpeg

47214C47-5511-44BE-912E-80513B3A4A90.jpeg

3ED0AC67-A239-4EF6-BEA5-6778475C2408.jpeg

On 9/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, craig said:

Heres a project I recently completed.  I put it on my Instagram but I might as well post it here too. 

I've been picking at it for the past few years. I love wearing old Jofas, but having a young family I worry about wearing 30 year old plastic on my 30+ year old head. 

Composite Jofa 282 replica (yep...a clone). 

Tried to stay as true to the original design as possible while removing anything I thought wasn't needed (logo, rivet holes, adjustment points) before creating the mold.

Did the chin cup in black vinyl with a vertical stitch pattern. 

Cage is by OTNY I believe. Got it off eBay many years ago. 

This was a lot of work but overall I'm happy with how it came out

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

You're my hero!

Edited by chakal
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Wow, what store would accept a return for a used item? When you're returning it, do they know it is used?

i’ve used it like twice so it’s barely used.. i’m returning the all black one. i bought an slr from goaliesplus and used it twice then dad returned it and got all my money back. i’m actually surprised they can do that lol