Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Very nice! I’m waiting on a pair of the gnetik 4 pads myself (probably October). 2 questions for you, if you don’t mind:

1. Was there an up charge for the Thin Blue Line flag in place of the number on the calf strap, and if so, about how much?

2. You refer to Your “other gnetik 4s...” So you’ve already gone through a pair? Can you elaborate on the “got really soft up top” part?

hmmm - I guess that’s 3 questions. Sorry!

I would also like to know about the flag

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

My sitffened up GNetiks are pretty dialed in. I went with a professor strap instead of the y strap after testing both though. Do you have the hardware to try to add the nylon boot strap as a professor strap?

My idea was to use the top optional strap as an elastic professor strap as the main anchor on the pad. I strap my knee cradle elastic at the knee anyways, so that calf patch has the space. After trying it though, I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be enough. If I were to get really picky, I would re-order the Y strap with elastic up top and the "seatbelt" nylon on the bottom as well as keep the top optional strap.
IMG_1632.thumb.jpeg.6e5a116c423cbb8090711a238652e48c.jpeg

3 hours ago, Wrbsti15 said:

Nice set. Mine are on the way. I did stock breaks did pro reenforced thigh to help break down. My other gnetik4 got really soft up top. Added primo on blocker fingers and did 1” deeper reenforced anchor T 

2EE0012A-4BBA-477C-A5E5-10880AD0E401.jpeg

10619900-2177-4677-9226-8F9450A0112E.jpeg

277BDD20-C826-43AC-AA4F-0D5616B732FD.jpeg

F2A97C78-42A3-413C-B52C-3CB4695339DA.jpeg

DE582D55-87A0-492E-87A5-ABF53F43F8D4.jpeg

F0EA8D25-906D-45B9-A814-3B5BDA1C6630.jpeg

Awesome set! I actually got to see these in person when I picked mine up from TGC. They got in I think a dozen sets that day.

For the stiffened thigh, is there HD foam in there...similar to mine where it's a bit thicker than the stock? Or is it something else Brian's does?

4 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Very nice! I’m waiting on a pair of the gnetik 4 pads myself (probably October). 2 questions for you, if you don’t mind:

1. Was there an up charge for the Thin Blue Line flag in place of the number on the calf strap, and if so, about how much?

2. You refer to Your “other gnetik 4s...” So you’ve already gone through a pair? Can you elaborate on the “got really soft up top” part?

hmmm - I guess that’s 3 questions. Sorry!

Hey I can help you with these questions.

1) Don't want to speak for the embroidery on the Gen4 specifically, but on the Optik/Gen3, getting a custom embroidered logo was a $100 upcharge. Can't comment if it cost extra to put it on the Y smart strap or the blocker sidewall, however.

2) I'm on my second set of Gens and this one I got with a stiffened thigh. Basically, I found a broken in "1" break from Brian's feels like it has an internal break, even though it doesn't. This affects the stopping power and rebound control of the thigh rise, but that's personal preference. 

19 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

How much was the upcharge?

See above for what the charge used to be on Optik custom embroidery.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Peter36 said:

How in the world have you been wearing a size 4?!?

Yes, those should fit well.

My toes scrunch at the end like crazy haha, and I just deal with it. I'm used to it by now, but it can hurt sometimes. In fairness though, the boots have been stretches out over time, so they aren't really a size 4D anymore. 

Thanks! I am hoping they fit well. Wearing skates that aren't too small will probably be strange at first. I'm so used to having the entire skate filled up. 

8 hours ago, Scythe said:

Something doesn't compute about this ... a 9 playing in a 4D? 

I only have one pair of shoes in a size 9 (my running shoes), and they are probably a tad big for me at the toe, but they fit well, especially in the heel. I barely wear them though

The majority of shoes I own and wear everyday are a size 8-8.5 so I'm hoping these skates will fit. I'm sure they will be fine. 

The seller of the skates said he wears a 9 shoe and these wear very snug on him. So I'm sure I can make these work. 

Edited by creasecollector
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 1:02 PM, cwarnar said:

Minor mail day...

Bauer Elite G Form knee pads.  I plan to wear these under the Warrior knee pads supplied with my GT pro set.IMG_20190812_104956.thumb.jpg.c73bec3e2cd08f1d3dcec9668c6de67b.jpg

Any wear on the Bauer Elite knee pads yet? Was considering a set as they wrap around nicely on the inside of the knee (as opposed to gform's normal offerings which focus on frontal impacts.)

7 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Any wear on the Bauer Elite knee pads yet? Was considering a set as they wrap around nicely on the inside of the knee (as opposed to gform's normal offerings which focus on frontal impacts.)

Not yet.  Hockey should pick up at the end of the month.  Summer is pretty dead for hockey here

Ok guys they got here today. My new old stock pads. I got these because up until now I've never had 11" wide pads. Mainly because i don't play in any leagues or anything i just play pick up games. The player turnout is always good .. full benches and they're usually pretty fast paced which makes it more fun.

Other reasons ... it's a good pro pad made in Canada and last but not least ... a crazy deal. At least I thought so.

Unboxing of Itech 12.8 Xwing Pro pads in stock white/silver/navy colors 

20190815_182649.jpg

20190815_182753.jpg

20190815_183005.jpg

20190815_183344.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scythe said:

20190815_212234.jpg

20190815_183755.jpg

20190815_183533.jpg

I'm diggin those, man. I almost started off goal-tending in a very similar pair of Itechs (can't remember the precise model) that I found at my PIAS, but backed out as they seemed a bit small for me when I tried them on at home, in full gear.

As @creasecollector said, great find! Look forward to hearing about your first on-ice with them!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, creasecollector said:

Man, those Itech's are the bomb. Love those!! Great find.

58 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I'm diggin those, man. I almost started off goal-tending in a very similar pair of Itechs (can't remember the precise model) that I found at my PIAS, but backed out as they seemed a bit small for me when I tried them on at home, in full gear.

As @creasecollector said, great find! Look forward to hearing about your first on-ice with them!

Thanks guys... I enjoy reading and seeing everybody's equipment here. I envy all you guys that play competitively on teams and stuff. I strapped them on and like what I see in mirror. The thinner size really looks good. I'll try to tell how they feel and will probably have some questions about what to try if they feel off in any specific area. thanks

Shared these in the EF4 thread but thought I'd cross-post here.

Specs -

Pads

• 33+2, pre-curved, single break
  • Tight fit, no calf straps
  • Recessed knee, no wrap
  • Nylon leg channel
  • Removable, under heel strap
  • Ultra soft boot break
  • Below knee single knee strap

Glove

• 580 break, double tee
  • leather wrist strap

Blocker

• Straight finger protector
  • Centered palm
  • One piece cuff

00BB6F58-84E1-4FB6-B547-02418908E854.jpeg.633d5e1907e3d3a4bcd2611041256a83.thumb.jpeg.463ecbc84b5d5791c385c6e237953b6a.jpeg

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Shared these in the EF4 thread but thought I'd cross-post here.

Specs -

Pads

• 33+2, pre-curved, single break
  • Tight fit, no calf straps
  • Recessed knee, no wrap
  • Nylon leg channel
  • Removable, under heel strap
  • Ultra soft boot break
  • Below knee single knee strap

Glove

• 580 break, double tee
  • leather wrist strap

Blocker

• Straight finger protector
  • Centered palm
  • One piece cuff

00BB6F58-84E1-4FB6-B547-02418908E854.jpeg.633d5e1907e3d3a4bcd2611041256a83.thumb.jpeg.463ecbc84b5d5791c385c6e237953b6a.jpeg

Those are sick! What’s your floor to knee measurement and height? I heard CCM runs big.

3 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Those are sick! What’s your floor to knee measurement and height? I heard CCM runs big.

Haven't measured that in a while.

I know offhand my ATK is 17".  I've always been in a 33" Koho-Reebok pad.  I tried a 34" CCM that was a bit too long in the shin.

Someone also pointed out to me the way I did the graphic is very reminiscent of the old Vaughn 3500. 

A quick snip for you young kids:

image.png.ecac96ceeceb22147a29035a0e7fba10.png

• Like 1