Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

2 hours ago, mckinneymagnum said:

Just had them a week now and lovin' them! Gnetik IV in Black and Sport Gold Weave. Mask with the sport gold stitches to finish it off. Still planning on going with a black cage to round out the black out.

IMG_2679.jpg

Very nice! They almost look like they could guard the twine all by themselves!

just curious, as I’m also waiting on some pads; how long were you quoted, and how long did it actually take?

cheers brother - you must be super-stoked to take them out and show them a good time!

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

A little antsy are ya?

If by “antsy” you mean thinking “where the fuck are my new pads that will make me a much better goalie without any self-improvement effort on my part whatsoever, and which will slide better than other sliding surfaces (unless you touch them in a store and decide they’re rougher than the other manufacturers, then post about your scientific findings, asking for others to concur with your findings, but only finding that none will oblige you)...

...well, then, yes. I suppose I am a wee bit antsy. Lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Very nice! They almost look like they could guard the twine all by themselves!

just curious, as I’m also waiting on some pads; how long were you quoted, and how long did it actually take?

cheers brother - you must be super-stoked to take them out and show them a good time!

I was lucky enough to get one of the ‘express’ order slots and I had them in 8 weeks, almost to the day. Longest 8 weeks ever! LOL

On 8/20/2019 at 10:05 PM, kyledjean said:

Should have clarified a little more on my question. Did you find it on a site like sideline swap or a forum? Just wondering where I could find items like that in the future. Sweet bucket though. Beautiful paint job. Hope it serves you well.

Sorry I just saw this.  I saw the mask on GGSU, but I think he had it on several other FB Groups as well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Max27 said:

Finally don’t have a mask gap!

sportmask x8 size XL 

Halfway done overhauling my gear, new skates, new c&a are next up, as new gloves and new mask have been addressed 

image.jpg

Awesome Max, welcome to the Sportmask tribe.   Have you worn one before?  Takes a bit to get used to with the strapping if you are used to having a top strap, but once you do it's so nice.

It's like it was just yesterday you were on here wanting new gear and everyone was saying GET A JOB!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on all the new gear and soon-to-be new set all together.

54 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Doing good Max, what are you using for pads ? I thought you had Greiss pads and gloves ?

For pads i have eflex 2 760s. They’ve been the only pads I’ve ever worn. It’s gonna be a VERY big transition in to whatever pad i get next. As for gloves, i had a pair of Greiss pro returns for the past year but i was getting absolutely terrible stingers in the glove and the blocker Palm was simply too big, so i got RGT2s for my birthday with my dad!

49 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Awesome Max, welcome to the Sportmask tribe.   Have you worn one before?  Takes a bit to get used to with the strapping if you are used to having a top strap, but once you do it's so nice.

It's like it was just yesterday you were on here wanting new gear and everyone was saying GET A JOB!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on all the new gear and soon-to-be new set all together.

I haven’t worn one before, but it felt very nice. Very different from my NME 8 but In a very good way. The strapping is definetley different but it makes the mask sit better on my head i think. The way the Bauer sat on my head the backplate was really uneven and uncomfortable, this one sits more flush on my head. Tough shopping for helmets when you’re built like a bobblehead 😂😂And, also somehow sold my NME 8 in like 10 minutes! Sold it on sideline swap for 135$. 

But yeah, i did some work for my parents and grandparents to get money, as well as sold some of my old gear to get funds. It also didn’t hurt that my grandma gave me 500$ for my 16th birthday as the equivalent of girls having sweet 16s. 

I unfortunately wasn’t able to find a place to work at outside of my house, the rink i wanted to work at only takes 18+ kids, and a shop i applied to work at didn’t ever call me back. I’m going to trades school this year to learn how to be a barber (something ive always had interest in is hair) so I’m going to try and get a job working around my local barbershop as an apprentice once i get my liscence, but beforehand try and get a job sweeping the shop or cleaning up after hours, etc. as well as applying to work as a cashier/etc. at a grocery store up the block, as they just announced they were looking for more employees. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

My newest addition Factory Mad knee pads. Honestly right now after trying them on they are the best knee pads I have ever seen or wore. Very comfortable and very very well built. I have had Bauer Supremes, Passaus, Brains Pros, CCM Pros, and Brown. 

ad_0_1566424342216.jpg

ad_1_1566424342221.jpg

Wow,  those look beefy.