Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Now that I’m a “suspenders guy” again, decided to try out a set of @KovaGoalie. Build quality is outstanding and they arrived much faster than expected. I was particularly drawn to the design with the adjustment slides in back because I like to tuck the suspenders straps between the clavicle area and the should floater. Only downside I can see is that I’ll need to spend time dialing the fit in at home because locker room adjustment seems like it would be difficult. 

9867584B-3FB4-4027-A4A0-16D985153D25.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Now that I’m a “suspenders guy” again, decided to try out a set of @KovaGoalie. Build quality is outstanding and they arrived much faster than expected. I was particularly drawn to the design with the adjustment slides in back because I like to tuck the suspenders straps between the clavicle area and the should floater. Only downside I can see is that I’ll need to spend time dialing the fit in at home because locker room adjustment seems like it would be difficult. 

Love the "Castle" name in the back

On 9/1/2019 at 8:05 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

Nice!  I have a set of @KovaGoalie suspenders on order as well.  All black with black weave @TheGoalNet straps.  No customization for me, I just wanted whatever they had in stock so they could be shipped out immediately and was able to get all black thankfully.  I'm very excited to get these as I must have went through 3 sets of A&R suspenders since April.  Those stupid plastic connecting clips keep breaking.

Another new pickup, 3 game used Halak Bauer 1s sticks. I had always used his Sherwood pattern and 2 years ago broke my last one. Sherwood was no longer making them, and he made the switch to composites a couple years prior. My search had been on to find his Bauers sticks and it has been hard to do as the only place that had them was the Isles store and I live in Canada. I couldn't be certain if I was going to get broken/damage ones as I was not there to pick them out myself. I had also picked up a Halak Chest protector and I asked the person if he knew where to get Halak sticks ? Long behold he said he had some to sell me. Am finally happy to have these sticks after my long search.

20190904_170541.jpg

20190904_170353.jpg

20190904_170328.jpg

20190904_170257.jpg

20190904_170228.jpg

Edited by Snowman30
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Another new pickup, 3 game used Halak Bauer 1s sticks. I had always used his Sherwood pattern and 2 years ago broke my last one. Sherwood was no longer making them, and he made the switch to composites a couple years prior. My search had been on to find his Bauers sticks and it has been hard to do as the only place that had them was the Isles store and I live in Canada. I couldn't be certain if I was going to get broken/damage ones as I was not there to pick them out myself. I had also picked up a Halak Chest protector and I asked the person if he knew where to get Halak sticks ? Long behold he said he had some to sell me. Am finally happy to have these sticks after my long search.

20190904_170541.jpg

20190904_170353.jpg

20190904_170328.jpg

20190904_170257.jpg

20190904_170228.jpg

Are those Tacki Macs? Does Halak use those or did you add?

2 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

20190904_170541.jpg

20190904_170353.jpg

20190904_170328.jpg

20190904_170257.jpg

20190904_170228.jpg

Hard to tell from that Angle, but look like P34 I think 

Picked up these pads from a great seller willing to ship to me.  Yes I know they are original Eflex but for me its major upgrade after refusing to move on from my Boddam hybrids.  Had two pairs of them over the last 6 years.  Figured i was due to get with the times.

Sticks from AGS.  They look decent, will see how they hold up.

Cleaned up the pads and removed pad skins.  Still on fence about em but ill force myself to use 10 times before bailing and going back to old ones.

ad_1566787664595.jpg

20190829_113605.jpg

20190909_193556.jpg

Edited by daffy
Added pic
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

It's the same curve as his Sherwood model, I compared it once I got home. I will get a shot up tomorrow with it. Honestly if it is, then I might order one custom stick from Bauer to the same specs.

23 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Here are some shots of my last Sherwood T100 Halak pro return stick, compared to the Bauer 1s Halak pro returns I got yesterday. I would say they are 99.9% perfect match, the weight is the big noticeable difference. 

20190905_185858.jpg

20190905_185917.jpg

20190905_185814.jpg

20190905_185712.jpg

20190905_185647.jpg

This came today!  Quality on this is awesome.  @KovaGoalie knocked these things out of the park.  Its no surprise these are starting to pop up in the NHL now.  I didn't get any customizations as I wanted one as soon as possible so I got something that they had in stock.  All black with black weave @TheGoalNet straps.  Just missed my game last night so I will be using these for the first time in my game next Sunday night.  No more busted plastic buckles, can't wait!!

RenderedImage.JPG

• Like 2

17 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If this isn't just an advertisement dressed up as a regular post then I don't know what is.

I have no affiliation with the artist - financial or otherwise - Basically I was sharing my mask that im extremely excited about - furthermore I put the guy's info because I wanted to help other goalies that wanted their masks painted but didnt want to break the bank. 

No body is painting goalie masks that cheap with that much quality. 

Obviously you have been hurt before so I hope you realize there are still good people in the world. 

4 minutes ago, Scorpio Grossi said:

I have no affiliation with the artist - financial or otherwise - Basically I was sharing my mask that im extremely excited about - furthermore I put the guy's info because I wanted to help other goalies that wanted their masks painted but didnt want to break the bank. 

No body is painting goalie masks that cheap with that much quality. 

Obviously you have been hurt before so I hope you realize there are still good people in the world. 

Uh huh. Completely believable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio Grossi said:

LOL crawl back under your rock 

Yea, your first post (immediately after joining) is essentially an advertisement for an unknown painter that specializes in bike painting and his first ever goalie mask is the one you're excited about.

No other forum participation aside from bantering with me.

Pardon me if I'm skeptical of your honesty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, your first post (immediately after joining) is essentially an advertisement for an unknown painter that specializes in bike painting and his first ever goalie mask is the one you're excited about.

No other forum participation aside from bantering with me.

Pardon me if I'm skeptical of your honesty.

Let’s back it up here a second... buddy told you to crawl back under a rock. A rock? Like, you got a rock? First the “Elitist” title, and now you get a rock??? No fair - Coop always gets everything!!

Also, there was a suggestion that you got hurt. Who hurt ya, Coop? Was it @SaveByRichter35...? I’m sure I’ve warned you about online relationships; you knew what this was.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lucky Pucker said:

Let’s back it up here a second... buddy told you to crawl back under a rock. A rock? Like, you got a rock? First the “Elitist” title, and now you get a rock??? No fair - Coop always gets everything!!

Also, there was a suggestion that you got hurt. Who hurt ya, Coop? Was it @SaveByRichter35...? I’m sure I’ve warned you about online relationships; you knew what this was.

Man, you're really trying to push a wedge between me and SBR just to get to my rock eh?

Knew you were trouble.