Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Please, everyone knows significant others will only go to games early on in the relationship.

I haven't had my fiance come out to a game willingly in years.

Truth.  I can get mine to come to our rare 4:45pm games on a Sunday at the one rink in town with a bar, but that's about it.

19 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Same.  She came to a game over the summer only because it was an early time slot and I wanted my son to come see.

I managed to get mine to come out almost two years ago to take some pictures. I'm trying to get her to do another shoot.

13 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Truth.  I can get mine to come to our rare 4:45pm games on a Sunday at the one rink in town with a bar, but that's about it.

Well that makes sense, I'd have to have beer readily available too if I had to watch you play. ;)

• Like 1

Here's the GDI glove I'm currently using... kinda took a break from playing when i first got it a few years ago .. got it used but really not broke in but remember not liking it too much in the beginning ... felt like i couldn't catch and lots of pop outs but since using it regularly it's so much better and broke in. Pretty heavy by today's standards 

20190912_105305.jpg

20190912_105355.jpg

20190912_105408.jpg

20190912_105509.jpg

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Boy... you'd better get a +5" on that thigh rise... you fit that entire beautiful TEXAS STAR or you don't have one at all!! 

My thinking behind using only half the star is that it looks better in butterfly. I tried using a full star and it looked a little off.1074723528_Screenshot2019-09-18at9_55_29AM.png.0a7a44b1894f7f5e0ad48a6602e4517a.png

Edited by ThatCarGuy

On 9/9/2019 at 5:25 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

This came today!  Quality on this is awesome.  @KovaGoalie knocked these things out of the park.  Its no surprise these are starting to pop up in the NHL now.  I didn't get any customizations as I wanted one as soon as possible so I got something that they had in stock.  All black with black weave @TheGoalNet straps.  Just missed my game last night so I will be using these for the first time in my game next Sunday night.  No more busted plastic buckles, can't wait!!

RenderedImage.JPG

Little late to report but I used these for the first time Sunday night.  The suspenders worked like suspenders, really nothing to report on that.  The attachment points work great.  So much nicer than the rubberish plastic clips utilized by the A&R suspenders I've used prior.  The TGN straps are a nice addition.  I wear my c/a untucked and always run my suspenders over.  I usually run them to the inside of the shoulder floaters closer to my neck to help keep them in place.  The TGN straps worked perfectly to keep the strap centered over the floater.  This was nice because it prevented the floaters from being forced outwards by the strap.  All of the floaters and padding stayed perfectly in line the way it is designed to be.  The setup felt different from what I am used to doing.  I don't really recall what it was the felt different, maybe just the way everything integrated now?  Whatever it was, it wasn't anything negative and surely not something that caused me any issues getting used to.  Huge thanks to @KovaGoalie for the awesome design of these suspenders and to @TheGoalNet for collaborating with Kova to come up with these TGN straps!

The other piece of gear I deputed for the first time Sunday night was something I had mentioned in another thread, which I cannot seem to locate at this time unfortunately.  I had mentioned that I love the design of the Outsider Straps but feel the elastics used are subpar when compared to what I was used to wearing.  I had said I would love to have the elastics used by Pro's Choice, which are far more superior, mated to the connecting tabs of the Outsider Straps.  So I decided to make it happen.  I ordered a set of straps from Dom, I ordered some strips of jenpro from another source, and I had everything put together.  They came out perfect and they work far better than the originals.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Little late to report but I used these for the first time Sunday night.  The suspenders worked like suspenders, really nothing to report on that.  The attachment points work great.  So much nicer than the rubberish plastic clips utilized by the A&R suspenders I've used prior.  The TGN straps are a nice addition.  I wear my c/a untucked and always run my suspenders over.  I usually run them to the inside of the shoulder floaters closer to my neck to help keep them in place.  The TGN straps worked perfectly to keep the strap centered over the floater.  This was nice because it prevented the floaters from being forced outwards by the strap.  All of the floaters and padding stayed perfectly in line the way it is designed to be.  The setup felt different from what I am used to doing.  I don't really recall what it was the felt different, maybe just the way everything integrated now?  Whatever it was, it wasn't anything negative and surely not something that caused me any issues getting used to.  Huge thanks to @KovaGoalie for the awesome design of these suspenders and to @TheGoalNet for collaborating with Kova to come up with these TGN straps!

The other piece of gear I deputed for the first time Sunday night was something I had mentioned in another thread, which I cannot seem to locate at this time unfortunately.  I had mentioned that I love the design of the Outsider Straps but feel the elastics used are subpar when compared to what I was used to wearing.  I had said I would love to have the elastics used by Pro's Choice, which are far more superior, mated to the connecting tabs of the Outsider Straps.  So I decided to make it happen.  I ordered a set of straps from Dom, I ordered some strips of jenpro from another source, and I had everything put together.  They came out perfect and they work far better than the originals.

Pics of the new straps?

5 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Pics of the new straps?

I can take some when I get home from work.  There really isn't much of a difference in looks, its slightly more narrow.  Physically looking at it that is only difference.  Its big difference is how the elastic functions.  The PC elastic is much more firm than the elastic used in the original Outsider Straps.  Does a way better job at keeping the mask more snug to my head.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Another minor mail day. Excited to try the new future grip. Smaller knob with a twirl grip.  Took advantage of the @Trav4oilers sale

IMG_20190918_133503.thumb.jpg.e6f77117f419ea55f1c86a0df8dc05a3.jpg

Big fan of the Future on a goal stick. It's incredible for stick handling. Been using it for some time now and it feels really good in your hand. 

My only gripe is length - I think I'm going to chop it down to maybe a hand width or so. I find I grab it too low on a poke check, as I rely on tactile feedback vs the stopping power of a traditional goalie knob. So I'm leaving some stick length on the table. Also, just sliding from the paddle to the handle, it takes a sec to adjust my grip, because I"m trying not to loose the stick and grip the rubber prematurely.

23 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Another minor mail day. Excited to try the new future grip. Smaller knob with a twirl grip.  Took advantage of the @Trav4oilers sale

IMG_20190918_133503.thumb.jpg.e6f77117f419ea55f1c86a0df8dc05a3.jpg

1 hour ago, HP29 said:

Big fan of the Future on a goal stick. It's incredible for stick handling. Been using it for some time now and it feels really good in your hand. 

My only gripe is length - I think I'm going to chop it down to maybe a hand width or so. I find I grab it too low on a poke check, as I rely on tactile feedback vs the stopping power of a traditional goalie knob. So I'm leaving some stick length on the table. Also, just sliding from the paddle to the handle, it takes a sec to adjust my grip, because I"m trying not to loose the stick and grip the rubber prematurely.

I’ve been using Demko’s grip (I use a much smaller knob) for a year and a half now and it is the most natural feeling, best grip I have ever used.

B62233B0-CF61-4000-88C7-018D27BA2494.jpeg

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13

Heres a project I recently completed.  I put it on my Instagram but I might as well post it here too. 

I've been picking at it for the past few years. I love wearing old Jofas, but having a young family I worry about wearing 30 year old plastic on my 30+ year old head. 

Composite Jofa 282 replica (yep...a clone). 

Tried to stay as true to the original design as possible while removing anything I thought wasn't needed (logo, rivet holes, adjustment points) before creating the mold.

Did the chin cup in black vinyl with a vertical stitch pattern. 

Cage is by OTNY I believe. Got it off eBay many years ago. 

This was a lot of work but overall I'm happy with how it came out

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

It must be new mask day! I picked up my Coveted 906 Pro today. I’m loving it so far. Ron was awesome through the process. I couldn’t find a helmet that felt really good. I went down to Ron’s shop to check out his masks. He gave me a tour and showed me how they make their masks. It was pretty cool to see! I tried a few on and we took the one that fit best and made a few changes to the shape of it. I guess you could call it semi-custom since it was from a stock mold and we added a few tweaks to it. My mask was made and ready for pick up in less than two weeks. It was a pretty cool process and can’t wait to get it on the ice! I would highly recommend going with Coveted if you need a new mask. 

655A8BAA-FF53-4930-9BD0-1C54D41F86F7.jpeg

A6CF29E3-E764-44F1-8936-69E7DDD01A65.jpeg

3C557A78-1C16-4E4E-99F4-15248373A610.jpeg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, RichMan said:

My new recent purchase: Bauer R5 6000 Pro pads. Got them for a steal and the match my Warrior GT gloves. Trying them out tonight  😎

image.thumb.png.8e3c7eab84650974921c5db4296f4ec8.png

I had to really squint to see if those are real lines and straps or just 2S pads that someone hit "Print" to create :)

• Like 1