Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Thought I'd give a small update/first impression/mini review here since these are an old model and very hard to find, especially new like mine and not worth a full on breakdown.

These aren't light as per current Brian's and Warrior standards but they don't weigh a ton either. At 36"+1 they maybe weigh 6lbs a pad. They are definitely a soft hybrid like pad but I still managed to get a few mid size rebounds off of them. Coming from some 12" pads, I do feel and see a slight difference in how they sit and move on my leg. The channel is a good middle between wide and snug. I decided to not use the knee locks to accommodate my Vapor knee pads - BIG mistake. I must of landed off the blocks in my b-fly at least a half dozen times. Not doing that again. They slid nicely on fresh ice as any pad would. They slid ok after 90min. of ice time. I put on the Pro Laces I bought last spring. Although I did feel some flex, they were still a tad tight for my ankles which was in turn hard on my knee joints. I have to figure a way to give the toes a little more slack. I only wear a size 9 skate and yet, strapping it up over the boot was work, even if only using the first 2 holes of my cowling-less skate. Over all, I'm happy with my purchase. Now I have to get rid of my new found Giggy b-fly 🙄 

image.png.ee3b5fada85621d483d94a088a24d8d6.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dstew29 said:

Congrats, good looking set. For what it’s worth, my OCD wants to see you to repeat the larger quarter star on the mitts...

I actually tried that design before the heritage graphic and it looked a little funky because it would just be an angled cut of color. Just the top point is missing from the star on the pads so it would look weird

Edited by ThatCarGuy

On 9/20/2019 at 10:56 AM, craig said:

Heres a project I recently completed.  I put it on my Instagram but I might as well post it here too. 

I've been picking at it for the past few years. I love wearing old Jofas, but having a young family I worry about wearing 30 year old plastic on my 30+ year old head. 

Composite Jofa 282 replica (yep...a clone). 

Tried to stay as true to the original design as possible while removing anything I thought wasn't needed (logo, rivet holes, adjustment points) before creating the mold.

Did the chin cup in black vinyl with a vertical stitch pattern. 

Cage is by OTNY I believe. Got it off eBay many years ago. 

This was a lot of work but overall I'm happy with how it came out

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

This is absolutely beautiful. Can you possibly share more about this?