Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

20 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Love those greens! Are you going to be able to go full-on matchy-matchy? IIRC, sourcing a jersey was a bit challenging, no?

It’s 80s matchy matchy and I am okay with that. It’s in the same family of colours and I am okay.

My glove will hopefully match, except there will be a twist...

11 hours ago, keeperton said:

This is absolutely beautiful. Can you possibly share more about this?

Thanks. 

I created a plug from an existing 282. To do this I fused the helmet at the adjustment points and blended the seams. I also removed the logo and the trim around the ears. Once all the openings were closed off and blended I made a two piece mould off of the plug in traditional fashion. 

I chose to keep all of the vent holes except for the ones at the very top/back. I also drilled holes for the two common cage mount positions.

The helmet I posted was the first pull from the mould. Its a fibreglass/epoxy lay-up. A little on the thick side, but not bad for a first pull. I used it mostly to figure out hole layout .etc. A gazillion small square holes is a pain in the a$$!!!!.  

Defiantly going to do another one in the future... but I have other things on my radar. 

First ice time with the G4 Sr’s: these are the stiffest pads I’ve ever used (Reebok premier series and Vaughn lt88).

Nothing about these pads is a gimmick. Air slide is real and it is amazing. I didn’t clear the crease of snow once during my goalie session to see what happened and the sliding difference between a fresh sheet and a snowy crease was drastically reduced. Active drop is cool though it’ll take some getting used to. Before the pads even touched the ice I got rid of the ARS toe strap and put my ecopro toe ties on instead. The pads have a little trouble with recentering but that’s an easy fix. And the weight 

OH MY LORD THE WEIGHT

The weight is without a doubt my favorite part of the pads. For a goalie who relies on being super quick these pads are perfect. Compared to the Vaughn’s I almost couldn’t tell I was wearing gear when we did skating drills. 

Overall I’m in love with this gear. It’s everything I want and more out of pads. 

Side note: I now have everything warrior except for sticks and neck guard 

On 9/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, craig said:

Heres a project I recently completed.  I put it on my Instagram but I might as well post it here too. 

I've been picking at it for the past few years. I love wearing old Jofas, but having a young family I worry about wearing 30 year old plastic on my 30+ year old head. 

Composite Jofa 282 replica (yep...a clone). 

Tried to stay as true to the original design as possible while removing anything I thought wasn't needed (logo, rivet holes, adjustment points) before creating the mold.

Did the chin cup in black vinyl with a vertical stitch pattern. 

Cage is by OTNY I believe. Got it off eBay many years ago. 

This was a lot of work but overall I'm happy with how it came out

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

Pure fire, matey!!!!!

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Would be cool if the block and glove finished off the blue section with the white star?

I mocked it up before deciding on the heritage style gloves and it looked wrong. 

Keep in mind this is what the star on my pads is:

star.PNG.ffe29d8038ca44a14f4af8acc6ff15b0.PNG

It's just missing the top point so it would look weird to have a right triangle at the base of each glove.

Plus this way the pads still make a star in butterfly.

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I mocked it up before deciding on the heritage style gloves and it looked wrong. 

Keep in mind this is what the star on my pads is:

star.PNG.ffe29d8038ca44a14f4af8acc6ff15b0.PNG

It's just missing the top point so it would look weird to have a right triangle at the base of each glove.

Plus this way the pads still make a star in butterfly.

I think you could take license and use the heritage-esque top of star and get away with it. 

• Like 1