Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 10/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, benner33 said:

@seagoal wish I was more craft talented. Got really inspired by @ThatCarGuy’s Texas star padskins and others like your accents so I got a roll but in my hands I just made an ugly mess 😁

It certainly takes some practice. I might have to redo the blue on my pads because it’s starting to lift a little. In the padskinz defense the blue is 5 years old. 

• Like 1

So i just finished using some pad skinz to my 12 year old sons equipment, i think it turned out pretty good, worked on them from 12:30am till 3am. Heres the before and after pics :) i also did a little add to his mask. All for breast cancer awareness month 👍

20191014_232323.jpg

20191015_034407.jpg

20191015_035015.jpg

Edited by GoJetsGo
  • Like 8

On 10/4/2019 at 11:16 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

New CCM Tacks. Went down to the shop to try on new skates. Bauer toe caps still don't fit my gnarled big toe so I'm a ccm only guy. 

Tried on the Tacks, AS1's, and FT2's. FT2's fit alright but we're a bit tight. Which is too bad since I did want to join the cowling less crowd. 

Came down to the AS1's or the previous tacks. I was looking at the next step down of the AS1's (which are identical in spec to the previous tacks) but then I was given an offer of the tacks at $250CAD. So $500 off of retail price. 

Happy with my purchase and am excited to get these going. 

20191004_210635.jpg

I've got a buddy who scored this same deal last week - though he's waiting on them being delivered. He'll be coming from old, heavy cowling 4mm (can't remember the model). How are you liking these? Do you think he'll have a tough adjustment...? I think he'll be OK, since he's in player skates 2-3 times a week between coaching and being a skater on a team in my league. Would be cool to hear what your impressions of these are - they look super sweet.

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I've got a buddy who scored this same deal last week - though he's waiting on them being delivered. He'll be coming from old, heavy cowling 4mm (can't remember the model). How are you liking these? Do you think he'll have a tough adjustment...? I think he'll be OK, since he's in player skates 2-3 times a week between coaching and being a skater on a team in my league. Would be cool to hear what your impressions of these are - they look super sweet.

Only two skates in and so far so good. I'm coming from a pair of 44k's which makes the transition fairly easy as these models were launched side by side. Only difference is the stiffer boot.

So aside from the usual growing pains of breaking in a new pair of skates and the slight adjustment to the stiffer boot / new steel, they've been great. I can't honestly say if they're an improvement yet, but my set of 44k's needed to be replaced anyways.

ccm-goalie-skates-ribcor-44k-sr.thumb.jpg.2661f3a77a8da9184f9f20a42aea4e84.jpg

• Thanks 1

I don't have a lot of extra cash for new or custom gear but I had the opportunity to do a trade with a friend who does helmet air brushing.  he refurbished a helmet and did a custom paint job for a hand made axe.  the lid turned out amazing.  he did a memorial plate on the back for a great friend that passed and i think about every time I strap on the skates or strap into my sledge.

Resized_20191006_201358_9737.jpeg

Resized_20191006_201319_1088.jpeg

Resized_20191006_201150_8780.jpeg

Resized_20191006_201136_9098.jpeg

Resized_20191005_182513_5838.jpeg

• Like 10

A bit late, but I got super busy when I first got these a few weeks ago, had a terrible first outing in them, and well - here we are. Snapped some pics last night before my game. Overall, i think I'd say it took me 2 games to get everything feeling good enough to not think anything of them while playing - but then after, when I take them off, there is a strong "Fuck, yeah!" feeling. So while they are not making me a better goalie, they are making me a happier, way-cooler-looking goalie.

Oh, and a cool bonus - last night, first face-off in my end, the ref comes for the puck and says "Wow! New pads! They're really nice!" I said "Yeah - so don't let those jerks hit them with their shots... I mean, they're new, and I don't want them to get scuffed up..." He says "I understand - want me to get a white puck to play with instead?" LOL!

image.thumb.png.e55fdac4657e2156f3f7b66ffcdfe0e2.png

image.thumb.png.1b85ae5ee0b9b36feebd09b47796c769.png

image.thumb.png.9fede40cc4d46eb935421ca1f3eddee1.png

image.thumb.png.24a24958db94de0567d2b22c5d72d620.png

And a family portrait I had forgotten having taken the day I brought the twins home. Even happier with the whole set comes together seeing it all in person vice fudging it with the customize.

image.thumb.png.b66224b385c1dc0823bf25a9c473e831.png

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Need some black padskiz on that glove and you're all set.

One thing I do miss about white based gear is the puck marks. My dark set just doesn't show the badges of honour in the same fashion.

I have been considering it! The blocker seems easier to come up with something, but I'm hesitant about what to do on the trapper

Quick and dirty (y'know you like that!), but something along the lines of this:

image.thumb.png.b40dbdded41df2b538c48dc2cad5d99a.png

10 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I have been considering it! The blocker seems easier to come up with something, but I'm hesitant about what to do on the trapper

Quick and dirty (y'know you like that!), but something along the lines of this:

I wouldn't even do the trapper portion myself, I'd just do the glove.

No glove, no love baby.

On 9/27/2019 at 6:36 PM, MangoRhinehart said:

New PAW kneepads with gel. Got sick of warriors always sliding around, and my old PAW kneepads didnt have enough cushioning.

20190927_182344.jpg

How you like them? I may order a pair but it’s a 8 week build time. Other option is the Passau pro knee pads 

On 10/18/2019 at 6:54 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

A bit late, but I got super busy when I first got these a few weeks ago, had a terrible first outing in them, and well - here we are. Snapped some pics last night before my game. Overall, i think I'd say it took me 2 games to get everything feeling good enough to not think anything of them while playing - but then after, when I take them off, there is a strong "Fuck, yeah!" feeling. So while they are not making me a better goalie, they are making me a happier, way-cooler-looking goalie.

Oh, and a cool bonus - last night, first face-off in my end, the ref comes for the puck and says "Wow! New pads! They're really nice!" I said "Yeah - so don't let those jerks hit them with their shots... I mean, they're new, and I don't want them to get scuffed up..." He says "I understand - want me to get a white puck to play with instead?" LOL!

image.thumb.png.e55fdac4657e2156f3f7b66ffcdfe0e2.png

image.thumb.png.1b85ae5ee0b9b36feebd09b47796c769.png

image.thumb.png.9fede40cc4d46eb935421ca1f3eddee1.png

image.thumb.png.24a24958db94de0567d2b22c5d72d620.png

And a family portrait I had forgotten having taken the day I brought the twins home. Even happier with the whole set comes together seeing it all in person vice fudging it with the customize.

image.thumb.png.b66224b385c1dc0823bf25a9c473e831.png

Love the pillow. Was it stuffed with old deer hair?