Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

21 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Ok...do you find that the toe cap is ample safe to go without the cowling?

I’ve been told by Graf and other users who’ve done this that it’ll work just fine.  

3 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

These look so dope. Any pre-lockdown skates in them? Interested to hear first impressions! Good choice 👍 

Thanks.  No skates in them yet unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

Ok...do you find that the toe cap is ample safe to go without the cowling?

I realize you're not asking me in specific, but I wear cowlingless skates (Vapor 2X) and the toe cap is completely adequate such that I haven't missed having a cowling yet. I've taken shots that hurt my feet, but not anywhere that a cowling would have helped (eg. got under and hit the tongue on the skate, or just a really hard shot off the toe while my feet were cold).

19 hours ago, keeperton said:

I realize you're not asking me in specific, but I wear cowlingless skates (Vapor 2X) and the toe cap is completely adequate such that I haven't missed having a cowling yet. I've taken shots that hurt my feet, but not anywhere that a cowling would have helped (eg. got under and hit the tongue on the skate, or just a really hard shot off the toe while my feet were cold).

I wear the X700 for 2 seasons now and I have gotten some uncomfortable shots off the toe, more like where the runner meets the boot which makes for a very dulling pain on my big toe, and yes, I have ample room to prevent banging. Just an unexplained occurrence.

The original Grafs were always with cowlings and with the new cowlingless model, one wonders if the newer model is simply reinforced (thicker) at the toe cap. Apparently not.

16 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Now those are something else. How old are those? 

I don’t know for sure but I probably got these around 2000 or 2001. It’s been a while since I’ve played any inline but I can’t get rid of them just in case, even if I don’t want to ever switch away from the ice. 

7 hours ago, mikemc620 said:

I don’t know for sure but I probably got these around 2000 or 2001. It’s been a while since I’ve played any inline but I can’t get rid of them just in case, even if I don’t want to ever switch away from the ice. 

Same reason I refuse to ever get rid of my inline skates lol

7 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Same reason I refuse to ever get rid of my inline skates lol

Saying that I still have these pads. They don’t have jenpro on the inner surface so they are terrible at soaking up water but they slid a bit on sportcourt. 

A59130B7-1FB5-4B88-9A78-69E02B54AB91.thumb.jpeg.7e07bbb7ad17b2a6814f08b44bdfd987.jpeg

On 4/28/2020 at 7:44 PM, RichMan said:

I wear the X700 for 2 seasons now and I have gotten some uncomfortable shots off the toe, more like where the runner meets the boot which makes for a very dulling pain on my big toe, and yes, I have ample room to prevent banging. Just an unexplained occurrence.

The original Grafs were always with cowlings and with the new cowlingless model, one wonders if the newer model is simply reinforced (thicker) at the toe cap. Apparently not.

Graf said they always over engineered the toes of their goalie skates even though they were behind a cowling.  Its the same hard plastic toe caps that are on their regular skates.

• Thanks 1

Kova order showed up last week, very impressed with the products. Neck guard has the gel upgrade but am not sure as it's still very hard and lighter then I though something with gel foam would feel. Anyone got this upgrade how does the gel upgrade feel ?

Suspenders got them with the double elastic upgrade and really like them. Honestly I think these are better then my Duluth ones. They came with the floater ties, even though I asked for the single tie on the front.  They look easy to come off but am seriously going to give them try. Again very well built product

Also picked up up Kovas hiding mask straps. I like how they are done with the little loops on them. Again heavy grade mask straps with diffently last.

20200503_134056.jpg

20200503_134048.jpg

20200503_134143.jpg

20200503_134151.jpg

20200503_134156.jpg

20200503_134234.jpg

20200503_134242.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yzueblin said:

Best and worst day at the same time , after having big issue with my 2xpro set I sold them and get the jrz fusion line , it’s was my first choice before I embraced the dark side of bauer , I’m coming back on the right side now hehe 

CE623439-F3F5-40F7-B17A-9DC589A8223F.jpeg

More pics please!  This set looks great.