Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

20 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The G5 palm seems to be thicker than G4 or G3 probably to help with coveredge 

70300E1E-B7FD-46FF-8F19-B89B442356CA.thumb.jpeg.c9be176394ee603ca2ca30fb51222f68.jpeg

Ok, but other than the palm thickness being different, do you know if the G3/G4 palms can still attach to a G5 glove. I have a custom set on the way - I ordered an INT 75 palm in my glove just to try it out. I have a G3 90 degree palm I was planning to use if I don’t like the 75. I may need to reach out to the rep who did my order (although I swear I asked this question early in the process of putting the order together).

On 6/4/2020 at 1:28 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

Ok, but other than the palm thickness being different, do you know if the G3/G4 palms can still attach to a G5 glove. I have a custom set on the way - I ordered an INT 75 palm in my glove just to try it out. I have a G3 90 degree palm I was planning to use if I don’t like the 75. I may need to reach out to the rep who did my order (although I swear I asked this question early in the process of putting the order together).

Yes the older liners still fit in the G5. 

On 6/4/2020 at 1:28 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t looking at the design

After a couple ice times I can say coveredge is no gimmick. I was honestly surprised to feel it actually work when stopping pucks in tight. The best part is the glove feels like a normal glove, nothing feels different aside from it being more broken in than G4 was. 

Nice looking set @cuprajake! Did you get it as stock retail? I'm still waiting on my custom set to be delivered - now been 11 weeks even though I was quoted 8-10 (and seeing some people get theirs in 6-7). Not particularly happy with TGC's lack of updates on it, and looking less likely that I will be able to get a few games in the new set before summer season starts for my league.

25 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Nice looking set @cuprajake! Did you get it as stock retail? I'm still waiting on my custom set to be delivered - now been 11 weeks even though I was quoted 8-10 (and seeing some people get theirs in 6-7). Not particularly happy with TGC's lack of updates on it, and looking less likely that I will be able to get a few games in the new set before summer season starts for my league.

You aren’t  giving me much hope... I ordered my set from TGC and I’m on the backside of 7 weeks and was quoted 8-10 weeks too. I know everything is screwed up with covid but 11 seems pretty long especially like you said people have been getting there sets 6-8 weeks. Have you contacted TGC or warrior? 

41 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Just got an email from Rance at TGC and said they only have had one set from warrior show up.... warrior hasn’t officially said there is a delay to them but he thinks there is a couple weeks push back. 

6 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

You aren’t  giving me much hope... I ordered my set from TGC and I’m on the backside of 7 weeks and was quoted 8-10 weeks too. I know everything is screwed up with covid but 11 seems pretty long especially like you said people have been getting there sets 6-8 weeks. Have you contacted TGC or warrior? 

I talked with TGC yesterday, and they said they hadn't received anything from Warrior in a while. He did mention that apparently Warrior had switched their shipping to retailers from DHL to UPS. To be fair, I have had universally terrible experiences with UPS deliveries to my house when every other carrier finds it just fine, but I don't know how much of a difference that makes for commerical customers (vs. residential). Also, he said their point of contact at Warrior got furloughed, but it didn't seem like they're putting in too much effort to find a different person to work with for the time being. Seeing as they did the half down, half when it gets there, you'd think they'd be pushing Warrior to actually get them the set so they can get the rest of the money for it.

I messaged Kirk on here around the 10 week mark, too, to see if he was able to give me an update, but didn't get a response.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:25 AM, Teezle said:

I talked with TGC yesterday, and they said they hadn't received anything from Warrior in a while. He did mention that apparently Warrior had switched their shipping to retailers from DHL to UPS. To be fair, I have had universally terrible experiences with UPS deliveries to my house when every other carrier finds it just fine, but I don't know how much of a difference that makes for commerical customers (vs. residential). Also, he said their point of contact at Warrior got furloughed, but it didn't seem like they're putting in too much effort to find a different person to work with for the time being. Seeing as they did the half down, half when it gets there, you'd think they'd be pushing Warrior to actually get them the set so they can get the rest of the money for it.

I messaged Kirk on here around the 10 week mark, too, to see if he was able to give me an update, but didn't get a response.

You would think that warrior being owned by NB and having a pretty big hockey presence they would have someone to answer questions. Other people seem to be getting their gear and warrior keeps posting sets on their IG. They did get half their money but they probably don’t get charged until the pads ship from warrior so they just pocketed that money and can sit on it. I don’t see why switching shipping carriers would make a difference they would still get some updates on the pads whether they shipped or not.

im not at 8 weeks yet, but you being at 11 weeks would make me grow impatient.  

I worked with customer service on a separate issue and had received this response on May 27th after a week and a half wait on response: "I sincerely apologize for the delayed response.  A new pair of pants will be shipped out to you as soon as possible.  Please be patient with us as we just re-opened our warehouse with limited staff and we have 3 months of orders to get out the door. " Plus who knows if and when production got delayed as shutdowns were worldwide.  Good luck to you guys waiting on sets.  I'm sure they're in process.  I'm still waiting on my pants but it is what it is, just have to be patient.

1 minute ago, Quadzilla32 said:

You would think that warrior being owned by NB and having a pretty big hockey presence they would have someone to answer questions. Other people seem to be getting their gear and warrior keeps posting sets on their IG. They did get half their money but they probably don’t get charged until the pads ship from warrior so they just pocketed that money and can sit on it. I don’t see why switching shipping carriers would make a difference they would still get some updates on the pads whether they shipped or not. 

I agree with all of that, hence my current frustration. Delays are acceptable; it's the lack of reaching out to the customer and going "hey, I know you're at the end of the quoted wait time, here's what we know...there's probably going to be a delay...we're trying to get them asap..." And @dreadlocked1 - a week and a half response time is pretty awful. Just be proactive and you'll have happier customers /shrug.

5 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

I worked with customer service on a separate issue and had received this response on May 27th after a week and a half wait on response: "I sincerely apologize for the delayed response.  A new pair of pants will be shipped out to you as soon as possible.  Please be patient with us as we just re-opened our warehouse with limited staff and we have 3 months of orders to get out the door. " Plus who knows if and when production got delayed as shutdowns were worldwide.  Good luck to you guys waiting on sets.  I'm sure they're in process.  I'm still waiting on my pants but it is what it is, just have to be patient.

I know covid threw a wrench into the whole process, I’m just impatient and want to get my pads. I’m still waiting for almost a month a half on my passau pro pack. If I didn’t such a great deal in it I would of probably went a different route

Working in supply chain, let me tell you, the issues you're facing with your delays at Warrior are incredibly common that it's a general rule to wait an additional week for in stock items.

Let alone anything being manufactured. I feel for you guys, but I wouldn't hold your breath for getting your gear on time.

19 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I agree with all of that, hence my current frustration. Delays are acceptable; it's the lack of reaching out to the customer and going "hey, I know you're at the end of the quoted wait time, here's what we know...there's probably going to be a delay...we're trying to get them asap..." And @dreadlocked1 - a week and a half response time is pretty awful. Just be proactive and you'll have happier customers /shrug.

There was a pandemic and pretty much everything got shut down.  Sports equipment isn't essential, there may not have been time to plan to contact all the distributors and end users.  I agree it would have been nice but this was not a normal circumstance and that has to be kept in mind.  I did not pester them via email because I was happy to get an answer at all during the shutdown.  A week and a half response time is more than acceptable during a pandemic.  Under any other circumstance, I would fully agree with those worried or complaining.

1 hour ago, dreadlocked1 said:

There was a pandemic and pretty much everything got shut down.  Sports equipment isn't essential, there may not have been time to plan to contact all the distributors and end users.  I agree it would have been nice but this was not a normal circumstance and that has to be kept in mind.  I did not pester them via email because I was happy to get an answer at all during the shutdown.  A week and a half response time is more than acceptable during a pandemic.  Under any other circumstance, I would fully agree with those worried or complaining.

I asked them about that before I ordered and was told that Warrior was still making and shipping sets - if that changed after the order was placed, it would have been nice to know. Even if no one was physically in the store, it shouldn't preclude them from answering emails and contacting people. Which goes back to my initial point - just be proactive with your customers, and we'll be happier and less likely to gripe on the internet :)

I saw a picture of my pads completed when I sent a message to warrior instagram. That was at about the 7 week point, that was 4 weeks ago. I messaged them again and they told me that they switched to consolidating their shipments and one was made on 5/20. I haven’t heard anything more from TGC about warrior pads being received. 

I really want to get them as them as I have been playing quite a lot already. I’ve played 5 games in the last 6 days and I have 2 more this weekend. 

On 6/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, Teezle said:

I asked them about that before I ordered and was told that Warrior was still making and shipping sets - if that changed after the order was placed, it would have been nice to know. Even if no one was physically in the store, it shouldn't preclude them from answering emails and contacting people. Which goes back to my initial point - just be proactive with your customers, and we'll be happier and less likely to gripe on the internet :)

Agree with that, yes there was a pandemic that no one could foresee or estimate the impact it would of had but knowing things would be back logged it would of been nice to have warrior blast an email out to all their distributors and say hey we are going to be slow at getting order out thus letting the stores tell their customers. If warrior had no way of knowing this would mess with their production then that is a pretty poorly ran company that can’t keep track of its production times. Someone at warrior would/should have seen production dips. 

I don’t blame anyone it was out of their hands it’s just more of a courtesy things since people are dropping $1500+ bucks on their products. 

just griping because I want my pads since I’m starting to play again. Not  holding anything against warrior or retailer’s 

1 hour ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Mount a box fan to the bottom of that a few inches off the ground aimed straight up and supercharge your drying power.

I thought about drilling some holes and mounting a blower into a hole in the bottom to force air through it. I figured I’d just see how it does with that first.