Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 6/5/2020 at 12:47 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

Agree with that, yes there was a pandemic that no one could foresee or estimate the impact it would of had but knowing things would be back logged it would of been nice to have warrior blast an email out to all their distributors and say hey we are going to be slow at getting order out thus letting the stores tell their customers. If warrior had no way of knowing this would mess with their production then that is a pretty poorly ran company that can’t keep track of its production times. Someone at warrior would/should have seen production dips. 

I don’t blame anyone it was out of their hands it’s just more of a courtesy things since people are dropping $1500+ bucks on their products. 

just griping because I want my pads since I’m starting to play again. Not  holding anything against warrior or retailer’s 

Just got the email that my set arrived at the retailer. Hopefully they can send it out to me today (should be about a week in transit from the store to my house). If Warrior sent it in a big batch, maybe yours arrived, too? 

On 6/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, Teezle said:

Just got the email that my set arrived at the retailer. Hopefully they can send it out to me today (should be about a week in transit from the store to my house). If Warrior sent it in a big batch, maybe yours arrived, too? 

I just got the same email

33 minutes ago, Teezle said:

That’s awesome since you have been waiting so long. You ordered yours from TGC and what date?  Hopefully mine arrived, haven’t gotten any emails yet *fingers crossed* 

hopefully i didn’t miss this one and don’t have to wait till next shipment  

Edited by Quadzilla32

On 6/8/2020 at 11:28 AM, Quadzilla32 said:

That’s awesome since you have been waiting so long. You ordered yours from TGC and what date?  Hopefully mine arrived, haven’t gotten any emails yet *fingers crossed* 

I ordered mine 11 weeks ago

I ordered 11 weeks and 2 days ago. Should arrive at my door by EOD next Monday, because they're shipping to the USA. That's part of why I had to jump on this deal - not only was it a great combo package anyway, but with the CAD --> USD conversion, it's basically an entire set for the price of just what you'd pay for pads in the USA.

5 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I ordered 11 weeks and 2 days ago. Should arrive at my door by EOD next Monday, because they're shipping to the USA. That's part of why I had to jump on this deal - not only was it a great combo package anyway, but with the CAD --> USD conversion, it's basically an entire set for the price of just what you'd pay for pads in the USA.

Ya that’s the o my reason I went with custom pro stuff because of the value of the USD to CAD plus they marked the pads down even further. Think my whole set cost the same as just the leg pads from GM

5 hours ago, Teezle said:

I just looked at the tracking info I received and it says that I should get them on Thursday. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 11:39 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Picked up the matching P2.9 Blocker to complete the set. Still have to say that I greatly prefer the Warrior feel but I'll definitely give the CCM's a fair shake. 

Also picked up a set of roller blades. If I can't have Ice at least I'll get some sort of skating in. 

20200429_102855 (1).jpg

Anybody want some CCM P2.9 gloves? Only used for half a skate.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Hate them that much?

One of the worst experiences i've had on ice with a new piece(s) of gear. This is also after a month of breaking them in around the house. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the 60 degree break, they interfered with my C/A like crazy. And this is compared to my warrior blocker which I have on the "highest" setting (palm super low).

I felt like I had bricks for hands, it was rough.

Also, I really did not miss having a wrist strap on my glove. Just seems so constrictive and unnecessary.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Hard to beat Warrior.  I will say, of all the gloves, out there the Brian's Gnetik would be easy enough to transition to

If I had to make a switch, it would probably be Brians. It's too bad I think their blockers aren't great though.

I think I'm less picky about leg pads as I am gloves though. Though I assume many of us are?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If I had to make a switch, it would probably be Brians. It's too bad I think their blockers aren't great though.

I think I'm less picky about leg pads as I am gloves though. Though I assume many of us are?

I haven't been impressed with their recent blockers (since the GNETIK release), but my favorite blocker of all time is the Brian's Zero G. If they could just remake that one but with better finger protection (like Warrior's), I'd snap it up.

20 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

One of the worst experiences i've had on ice with a new piece(s) of gear. This is also after a month of breaking them in around the house. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the 60 degree break, they interfered with my C/A like crazy. And this is compared to my warrior blocker which I have on the "highest" setting (palm super low).

I felt like I had bricks for hands, it was rough.

Also, I really did not miss having a wrist strap on my glove. Just seems so constrictive and unnecessary.

You have the 600 glove? Your hand either loves it or hates it, I don't think it's about you, but your hand and closure.  It's the worst thing I ever felt myself.

8 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

You have the 600 glove? Your hand either loves it or hates it, I don't think it's about you, but your hand and closure.  It's the worst thing I ever felt myself.

I have the 590 glove (60 degree). I've pretty much always used 75 breaks (one55, LT90, GT1, GT2). So it's a big switch up and would probably take me more time to fully get used to it.

But the interference with my C/A (GT1) was such a factor that It was very difficult for me to move in. I've got a few more skates lines up and will keep trying them, but I can't say my initial impression was anything short of dissatisfied.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

I have the 590 glove (60 degree). I've pretty much always used 75 breaks (one55, LT90, GT1, GT2). So it's a big switch up and would probably take me more time to fully get used to it.

But the interference with my C/A (GT1) was such a factor that It was very difficult for me to move in. I've got a few more skates lines up and will keep trying them, but I can't say my initial impression was anything short of dissatisfied.

Ah okay I see, 590 is all I know. But always wanted to try the 580. 

Hopefully the next few ice sessions get better. 

• Like 1