Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If I had to make a switch, it would probably be Brians. It's too bad I think their blockers aren't great though.

I think I'm less picky about leg pads as I am gloves though. Though I assume many of us are?

Absolutely right, I actually should have done the Heritage Blocker with my IV set.  Pre retirement I was actually going to go FrankenSet...

Bauer Blocker

Brian's Glove

Warrior pads

Edited by cwarnar

On 6/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, insertnamehere said:

I frankensteined my chest protector a bit. Brian's subzero 2 chest, CCM Premier Pro arms and extra heart guard and there's part of a Simmons 996 beef up kit on the belly. 

So much cheaper than going out and buying a new one!

IMG_20200607_155455.jpg

Love this. Did something similar with my C/A. Well done!

My pickups in the last couple weeks. Pro return Canadian made Bauer 1s skates, will be my 1st try at the cowlingless skates. Came across them in sideline and got them for great price. Below is a picture of them with my custom Bauers from while ago my good friend Rod at the goalie crease had done for me.

Picked up a set of Pro lace armor to go with my custom 2x pads, and then Toppi from Kova sent these toe ties with a part that was missed from my custom suspenders. I appreciate it alot that he did this, guy has excellent customer service and quality products. I also picked up last month a very rare pair of xxl CCM pro return pants. There was not very many of these pants made in this size for the CHL and they are hard to come by.

20200610_091001.jpg

3203ecfaaf66cf6a_original.jpeg

20200610_091214.jpg

Edited by Snowman30
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

My pickups in the last couple weeks. Pro return Canadian made Bauer 1s skates, will be my 1st try at the cowlingless skates. Came across them in sideline and got them for great price. Below is a picture of them with my custom Bauers from while ago my good friend Rod at the goalie crease had done for me.

Picked up a set of Pro lace armor to go with my custom 2x pads, and then Toppi from Kova sent these toe ties with a part that was missed from my custom suspenders. I appreciate it alot that he did this, guy has excellent customer service and quality products. I also picked up last month a very rare pair of xxl CCM pro return pants. There was not very many of these pants made in this size for the CHL and they are hard to come by.

20200610_091001.jpg

3203ecfaaf66cf6a_original.jpeg

20200610_091214.jpg

Those total ones with the black cowling are just awesome. 

19 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Don't do it. I've heard 580 guys take a fancy to their own sisters.

@BadAngle41 Can you please confirm these allegations?

I do have a sister... and I do love her... I'd even go as far as to say that I love her as much as I love a 580... but to say that I "fancy" her is a bridge too far. By no means am I saying that your source has fed you lies about 580 guys... some could very well fall into the demographic he described. I simply do not. 

That said... I have heard similar stories about guys who love new tweaks on Warrior gear... also don't mind poking around the barnyard on occasion... to try out some new things. Just a rumor I'm sure... right?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I do have a sister... and I do love her... I'd even go as far as to say that I love her as much as I love a 580... but to say that I "fancy" her is a bridge too far. By no means am I saying that your source has fed you lies about 580 guys... some could very well fall into the demographic he described. I simply do not. 

That said... I have heard similar stories about guys who love new tweaks on Warrior gear... also don't mind poking around the barnyard on occasion... to try out some new things. Just a rumor I'm sure... right?

First of all, I asked you to confirm the allegation, not deny it. So I'm just going to assume you slipped up on your keyboard there with all that "no not me"'

Second, what me and my Warrior fanboys do in the barn is none of your business. Though, it can get wild. Why do you think @cwarnar retired?

Tuckered the poor guy out.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

Pulled the trigger and picked up a couple new Bauer masks from the LHS. They fit great and make me feel safer out there. Don't affect my sight lines, ventilation is about as good as can be expected.

Too bad your colour choices need tinkering.

How much did those run ya?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Too bad your colour choices need tinkering.

How much did those run ya?

Like $14 or something, bought them a month ago but were on backorder. The homemade alternatives weren't cutting it anymore, all my elastics were too tight and even tried some CRS stretch lace (not a joke) but it's not actually so stretchy in short amounts apparently. 

The other colour was red white and blue stars that I wasn't so hot on. They're reversible and the black one has camo on the other side, is that more or less cool? :P

12 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Like $14 or something, bought them a month ago but were on backorder. The homemade alternatives weren't cutting it anymore, all my elastics were too tight and even tried some CRS stretch lace (not a joke) but it's not actually so stretchy in short amounts apparently. 

The other colour was red white and blue stars that I wasn't so hot on. They're reversible and the black one has camo on the other side, is that more or less cool? :P

That reversible camo one is an A+ in my books.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, Mroy31 said:

wore these on ice?

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

wore these on ice?

Nope, no ice around me yet I don't think. I feel like these would saturate pretty fast haha. 

I do wonder what the goalie equivalent of the full plastic shield Bauer is making for players would be though. 

8 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Nope, no ice around me yet I don't think. I feel like these would saturate pretty fast haha. 

I do wonder what the goalie equivalent of the full plastic shield Bauer is making for players would be though. 

Yeah, same. Maybe we'll see this make a comeback?

UGEO3-4OTUcC7UnVk3Sc9tADVgW1RxuCQOW80LiI

• Like 2

My pro custom setup, mostly 2xPro skinned as ultrasonic just came in and I couldn't be happier. Not shown in these pictures, but the black on the back of the glove and blocker with the red binding around it just looks sick. I just finished applying Cage Skinz to my mask and it also turned out pretty good.

IMG-5574.jpg

IMG-5575.jpg

IMG-5612.jpg

IMG-5614.jpg

• Like 3