Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

My one piece true skates cracked. Appears to be builder error as there’s a lot of holes in the composite around the blade. I’ll keep y’all posted on the repair/replacement process. In the meantime I’m using some mushy Graf G50s in bauer vertexx cowlings that we found at play it again sports.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:35 AM, goalie381 said:

Last Fall I decided to sip the Kool-aid and try the Factory Mad gloves by getting these from the swap:

FM-Old-3.jpg.79737094409354a64c17fa175ce2b31c.jpgFM-Old-2.jpg.76a76fced8fb8f68dda51ebd02407086.jpgFM-Old-1.jpg.e83b0751e9a183be52606c712369450c.jpg

They are now for sale to someone that has interest in trying something from this great manufacturer as I was so impressed I ordered this set which came in a couple weeks ago.

FM-New-1.jpg.7e1f634d62bad4590e13ad04177e7af3.jpgFM-New-2.jpg.6f48634c2e947d184702282f62dbb3e1.jpgFm-New-3.jpg.4172e8953df675ccdbcce1d882791a13.jpg

@Goalieinneed these are for you!

30 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

A1377760-FAC3-47A9-B8DD-D535A8160C16.thumb.jpeg.e082622602d67cc79e270e3607cb037b.jpeg
Here’s a picture of said crack. We believe it’s builder error because there’s a lot of voids in the composite some of which are shown here

My friend Doug says that is 100% builder frick up. Get new skate or kick up a fuss.

10 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

That’s the plan

They must perform well, judging by how many people I see in them. Hope you’re not without them long. I am still in a pair of hand me down Reebok 20K player skates converted to goal with Reebok cowls and step steel. 

My buddy was going to make these for himself but I am going to end up with these. He’s done one pad, he has to do the other LOL these will be so much better than my Zero G brians. The left is the after and the right is before.

413EB88D-54A5-437E-B316-1E3BC59ECDE1.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Update on the skates: True extended their warranty due to the pandemic and my skates are still under warranty. I’ve  been quoted 16 days from when they get them but I’m not sure if those 16 days including shipping or not. 

Well that’s good news. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Update on the skates: True extended their warranty due to the pandemic and my skates are still under warranty. I’ve  been quoted 16 days from when they get them but I’m not sure if those 16 days including shipping or not. 

Glad to hear true is making good. Those are fine lookin skates despite the cracks. Question- are they lower like a cowled skate? I thought I heard that somewhere. My buddy who is a gear handyman could probably cut up a cowling and put an Overdrive blade on mine. I stand up way to much to be a butterfly guy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dumpy said:

Glad to hear true is making good. Those are fine lookin skates despite the cracks. Question- are they lower like a cowled skate? I thought I heard that somewhere. My buddy who is a gear handyman could probably cut up a cowling and put an Overdrive blade on mine. I stand up way to much to be a butterfly guy.

They are definitely lower than the Vertexx cowlings I’ve used which I imagine feel similar in height to vertexx edge holders. Though because of how thin my foot is I didn’t lose any attack angle vs the bauer cowls. 

We called again today and were quoted at 6 days for just the repair and shipping is an unknown factor. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy