Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

6 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

They are definitely lower than the Vertexx cowlings I’ve used which I imagine feel similar in height to vertexx edge holders. Though because of how thin my foot is I didn’t lose any attack angle vs the bauer cowls. 

We called again today and were quoted at 6 days for just the repair and shipping is an unknown factor. 

My buddy did confirm that Overdrive blades can fit onto the one piece true skates. Maybe once they have these out a bit longer I will get a pair. I like low skates and it seems everything out there is tall. Hope the posties get your skates to you quick.

1 hour ago, Dumpy said:

My buddy did confirm that Overdrive blades can fit onto the one piece true skates. Maybe once they have these out a bit longer I will get a pair. I like low skates and it seems everything out there is tall. Hope the posties get your skates to you quick.

I have some Graf cowlings up for sale if you prefer the lower height.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, Imperative said:

Send them over to me, I’ll break them in until you get back on the ice, haha. Beauty set!

Sounds like a plan ;) 

On 7/15/2020 at 7:11 PM, benner33 said:

Got an email that my Brian’s C/A and pants are ready to be shipped. 

Excited. 

3479C6AC-3367-4F4D-A5AD-A91467C064B1.jpeg

350EB71F-2BA1-4349-9FDA-E45FB0325EA6.jpeg

Oh my God I am in love with those. Considering an upgrade into both of those pieces.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Sounds like a plan ;) 

Oh my God I am in love with those. Considering an upgrade into both of those pieces.

I figured this time I’d do white pants and dark pads since the trend lately is the opposite. Can’t wait to try them out. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 3:46 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

After reading through the entire thread regarding this I finally pulled the trigger since my PAW neck guard was getting small

D400ED05-B4C5-46A3-A988-64DCD2701EE3.thumb.jpeg.4601162b86235138dc11d41f01b74d96.jpeg

That’s a nice lookin neck guard. I got my buddys hand me down factory mad that just wont quit looks the same as the day I got it. You got that bnq certification so no trouble from the refs I asked my buddy who coaches why the kid forwards have to wear them silly collars its cause its the rules. If you ask me those collars are superficial protection unlike what a goalie wears. That neck guard looks comfy. 

6 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

They do look nice but I know I would get "Weren't there male models?" from my teammates :D

My friend said “you know you’re   supposed to customize from the default white right?” So I’m ready for it :) 

Edited by benner33
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, benner33 said:

My friend said “you know you’re   supposed to customize from the default white right?” So I’m ready for it :) 

That's a good one :D Anyway they looks great. Not a popular colors on hockey pants. Just wonder how long they would look so nice.

On 7/21/2020 at 11:29 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Nice! How do you like it? Are you doing any "Trim to Fit"?

It feels far more comfortable than the paw although I do feel shots a bit more through it. Coming from the paw that doesn’t say much since that thing had actual several sheets of plastic all throughout. I haven’t trimmed mine at all as I haven’t needed it because I’m a giraffe 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It feels far more comfortable than the paw although I do feel shots a bit more through it. Coming from the paw that doesn’t say much since that thing had actual several sheets of plastic all throughout. I haven’t trimmed mine at all as I haven’t needed it because I’m a giraffe 

How often are you getting hit in the neck? O.o

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

How often are you getting hit in the neck? O.o

Much more often than I’d like to be. I’m at the age level where everyone tries to place their shots right over my shoulders which usually results in my helmet getting hit or my neck and shoulders getting hit

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Time to adopt the stand up style

I play on my feet a good bit with quite a few elements of stand up actually lol

In comparison to most kids here in Texas I rarely butterfly. But you’re right a taller stance or something of the sort would probably help

Honestly, the modern game of bar down shooting combined with low stance goalies and down specific movements, getting hit up high is common. Even tall goalies are so low on close in shots that if the shooter has any leverage, and is able to lift it, the goalie will get hit up high. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dumpy said:

Two pad stacks always stuns young shooters as they never see that. I tend to make stops like that and get away with it more than i should be aloud to.

I’ve found going paddle down while standing up during a shootout seems to greatly confuse them as I’m still on my feet but 5 hole is taken away

2 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I’ve found going paddle down while standing up during a shootout seems to greatly confuse them as I’m still on my feet but 5 hole is taken away

LOL don’t give away all your plays they could be scouting you on this forum LOL