Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 7/27/2020 at 11:41 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Can you send me a pic of the whole pad? Would like to post

Sure buddy! Just gotta get the whole pic as were still waiting on the professor straps from Kenesky and some other finishing touches. I got to test these with the rigged up straps and they feel good on fake ice. I think these will be better than my brians by a country mile.  

On 7/27/2020 at 11:41 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Can you send me a pic of the whole pad? Would like to post

My buddy is waiting on the Professor strap. He’s breaking these in and aging the finish. They won’t look like a brand new pair of white pads when he’s done. He hopes to have them to me at the end of the week. *just a reminder for me

3 hours ago, Dumpy said:

My buddy is waiting on the Professor strap. He’s breaking these in and aging the finish. They won’t look like a brand new pair of white pads when he’s done. He hopes to have them to me at the end of the week. *just a reminder for me

You're having who do what to these pads? Will they say "Pooper" on them when he's done or something?

8 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

You're having who do what to these pads? Will they say "Pooper" on them when he's done or something?

My buddy down the street he chopped up the calf wraps and added some vintage branding as well as breaking them in. 

10 hours ago, Dumpy said:

Man, going off some of your posts, you know more about what's going on with "your buddy's" gear than I do about my own

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not the gear I was expecting to get this week but here goes nothing

8705EB26-3099-426E-8D56-F5E3F00BF519.thumb.jpeg.405d8dafdc876698ae47bdefbd7797a1.jpeg
I haven’t been picked up by a team I’m just at a combine

Congrats and good luck! You have a legion of forum supporters behind you (so long as you only seek gear related advice)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So I'm not very familiar with the USPHL. Anyone able to provide comparison how it stacks against the CHL/NCAA hockey?

At least 1 tier down from CHL, same for NCAA Div. 1 with the big schools.  It might be comparable to lower Division NCAA leagues, but not sure exactly which Division it would line up with.

EDIT: wait, I was thinking of the USHL, not USPHL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Premier_Hockey_League

Edited by seagoal

@coopaloop1234 USPHL is a junior hockey league outside of USA hockey that contains several divisions. In order from worst to best: Elite, Premier, NCDC which are tier 4, tier 3, and tier 2, respectively. I had two offers for Premier prior to the combine but I’m hoping to potentially get a better offer. I’m not expecting too much considering I’m not exactly the age group those tier 2 teams are looking for but you never know. 
Not sure how it compares to CHL or NCAA but expect NCDC to be on par or above NAHL hockey but below USHL.

• Like 1

After looking for a Canadian made CCM mask for over a year, I just acquired second one in under a month.  Tyler Parsons rookie mask from a local FB Marketplace.  It is a Kipper tribute on one side. I do intend to wear it a couple of times prior to shelving it :)  

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Latest pick up from PSH. I got a inch taller than I thought I bought but oh well.

0D90C788-1BF6-4F0D-9AA1-229265C2898C.thumb.jpeg.be864492fd13ddf43baa24ab44108711.jpeg

42EEC911-9197-4A6C-BF92-917EE27BC517.thumb.jpeg.2669e46157941491e858b4a30ebdf934.jpeg

FEAA60F4-9713-473E-B280-444446C3CA54.thumb.jpeg.d8191091aba9b87529dd3a9e8b285cde.jpeg

I heard this was a good sticker to find on a warrior stick 

Love to order from PSH but there rates to Canada are absolutely crazy. They get some awesome things in. Got the email about the new Warriors in and wanted to get more Rinne sticks but am pretty much paying for another stick with the shipping rates. Wanted a pair of $25 Cowlings but the shipping was $65 just for them.

• Like 1

So one of our own on TGN @craig did a generous offer for one of my goalie friends and he gave me permission to share his work with you all.

The goalie in question is in his early 60s and was wearing a much too small mask, so much that I was afraid for his safety. This is when @craig stepped in to help. He referbished an older mask and even did the paint job. I am very very grateful to him and I'm sure so will my friend be once I present him the mask. I believe it's an Eddy mask (correct me if I'm wrong John).

So here is the work in question...

20200806_221424.jpg

20200806_221440.jpg

20200806_221506.jpg

20200806_221605.jpg

Edited by RichMan
  • Like 2

After getting cut from 16U AA tryouts I decided the only logical thing to do was to sign with a junior team 😂. So here we are.

993446E1-3BF0-4700-904E-032CC621E507.thumb.jpeg.1300f340eb83e4c933b47be58d358a38.jpeg
This is just the practice jersey. The team is USPHL Premier (tier 3 junior hockey) out of Wisconsin. I move there in roughly two weeks. There’s many more boring details but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

• Like 3