Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 8/20/2020 at 2:38 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Picked up some new twigs... Pro Stock Premier II. I know they're not the latest and greatest... but expecting them to work just fine for my purposes. Bought 4 of them from the man himself... Michael Garteig... from his time spent winning a Kelley Cup with the Newfoundland Growlers (hoping they still have some of that magic left in them.)

Stock CCM 25" paddle... something Michael just said he'd always used and wasn't sure of the actual paddle height. I'll likely cut down the shaft some... a little taller than I'd like... but the paddle height is perfect. 

Not sure if its the age (although they were still in original packaging) or Gartieg's spec... or I'm just used to something more tacky... but the StickTak grip isn't all that sticky.

CCM Premier II (Pro Stock)

WEIGHT: 708g (weighed prior to taping)

COLOR SHAFT : BLACK 
COLOR PADDLE : BLACK  
COLOR LOGO: GOLD 
COLOR ACCENT: GOLD  
SHAFT & PADDLE MATERIAL: SIGMATEX CARBON COMPOSITE  
PADDLE CORE: ZERO FLUX
SIDE: REGULAR 
CURVE: N/A
SIZE SHAFT : N/A (Actual 30")
SIZE PADDLE : 25" (Actual  27")

IMG_3007.thumb.JPEG.e7f9d248331731e6dd23c9d6e4f9512a.JPEG

IMG_3009.thumb.JPEG.6da3a265a8b652050405aed308298801.JPEG

IMG_3011.thumb.JPEG.5089e2b8cce19675616a501f2b74b93d.JPEG

IMG_3013.thumb.JPEG.aef68bb1fe41345d2cc62559d2c18467.JPEG

Garteig great in Growlers return, posts shutout as Newfoundland ...

Very sexy brother, need those colours now for my net set lol but I enjoyed the EF4 a lot more.  I'll probably purchase an Axis stick though very soon. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:35 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Forgot to post an update on my skates 

C39C7845-E2A6-479C-9015-8EDFC3E1683C.jpeg

I have a pair of these (my used True 2-pieces started falling apart) where did you get the CCM holders added? I tried to do this myself but I can't I guess and will need to return the holders. Also can't find anyone who has the Graf steel for these either which is annoying.

Just now, benner33 said:

I have a pair of these (my used True 2-pieces started falling apart) where did you get the CCM holders added? I tried to do this myself but I can't I guess and will need to return the holders. Also can't find anyone who has the Graf steel for these either which is annoying.

Oops thought those were the new Graf Pro G boots. Still this is exactly what I want to do with mine if I can find a way to do it. `282` ones don't seem to line up.

2 hours ago, benner33 said:

2 hours ago, benner33 said:

Oops thought those were the new Graf Pro G boots. Still this is exactly what I want to do with mine if I can find a way to do it. `282` ones don't seem to line up.

No these are the old Graf 7500 boots.  I actually got the holders and steel from member @thebigm.  He hooked me up with the correct sized holders and Step steel.  

On 8/24/2020 at 2:56 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

No these are the old Graf 7500 boots.  I actually got the holders and steel from member @thebigm.  He hooked me up with the correct sized holders and Step steel.  

Ah ok. I might return mine since it really doesn’t seem like something I can easily do. They seem to be about right but the size down would be too small I’m pretty sure. 

On 8/16/2020 at 4:56 PM, Snowman30 said:

Also picked up this pro return Warrior V1 pro+  from one of my favorite pro return gear sellers out in Alberta. 1st time I had ever seen a Warrior stick painted like that.

8399a9a44b870f11_original.jpeg

b12f17e2d7d29fb9_original.jpeg

381c90d123fa74ed_original.jpeg

That curve, shaved paddle shoulder, and color way are very appealing to me. What paddle size and where did you get it? 

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

That curve, shaved paddle shoulder, and color way are very appealing to me. What paddle size and where did you get it? 

I picked up through I guy on kijiji here in Canada I meet a few years ago. Kyle also sells on sideline swap

https://sidelineswap.com/Kyle31

And through a couple of goalie gear for sale pages on Facebook( not ggsu). I have his contact info, and anything he posts that am interested in I fire him off a message. It was the only one he got as I also want to get a couple more. The sloped shoulders are hard to find on composite sticks, especially Warrior. My Halak returns, Rinne V1 pro+, and this stick are all close to the same paddle height of 26".

53 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Great looking wheels... what made you go with that tongue vs. the standard? Was is protection, volume, or something else?

Protection wise it doesn't bother me, I think the other tongue had D30 foam, it's the volume for sure, I need the room. They give you different options vs player skates.  These are off the Ribcore skate. 

How are your pads treating you do far?

4 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Protection wise it doesn't bother me, I think the other tongue had D30 foam, it's the volume for sure, I need the room. They give you different options vs player skates.  These are off the Ribcore skate. 

How are your pads treating you do far?

Pads have been great. Still dialing in the QMSS. I think I need to remove the excess elastic and just lock the length down. Sorta feels like even though it's going through the tri-glides and D rings the elastic is sliding and getting loose. Really happy with them though. Glove break-in is going well, and the blocker is fantastic.

Sorta funny how (for me anyway) when I start using new equipment I am mindful to simplify my game to eliminate variables and really focus on dialing in the equipment itself. As a result I play much more efficiently... move smoother and just play a nice quiet game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Pads have been great. Still dialing in the QMSS. I think I need to remove the excess elastic and just lock the length down. Sorta feels like even though it's going through the tri-glides and D rings the elastic is sliding and getting loose. Really happy with them though. Glove break-in is going well, and the blocker is fantastic.

Sorta funny how (for me anyway) when I start using new equipment I am mindful to simplify my game to eliminate variables and really focus on dialing in the equipment itself. As a result I play much more efficiently... move smoother and just play a nice quiet game. 

That's great man, I wonder how different everything is compare to the P2 and dialing everything in to my liking. I'm dying though my set isn't in yet lol. 

Few updates to my gear. 

New skates, Bauer S29 size 8,5D. Had Vapor X700 8EE before but felt there was a bit too much room in toe area and wasn't able to tighten up enough. And with too much force it gave me bad lace bite kind of effect.

Notices with no ice time on S29s yet. The fit lengthvise is about the same with 0,5 size up from EE to D fit. Width is different naturally, and with one baking in store I got the width to fit me very well. We were prepared to make a small pot extension to the outer edge but that seems to be done with baking and doesn't need an extra force. Rest of it remains until few skates with them.

And one more to mention the steel size on 8EE is 8 but on 8,5EE it's 9. 8,5D still goes with size 8 steel which saved me some money as I bought two sets of size 8 steel in the spring. 4ice is a local producer, for about 20 ice times and one sharpening I'm very happy with the quality and how the taller steel works for me.

IMG_20200904_083721_16x12.thumb.jpg.4534ef082eb52e8abd713067461f352f.jpg

New throat protector Vaughn VPC8000. 

I wasn't completely happy with the soft foam to protect against puck so I took the plastic/nylon parts from my old Reebok/CCM TC Pro and attached them here. Now I have more protection against puck and a comfortable throat+neck protection against cut wounds. I removed the soft heart padding as Brown has that area quite thick already and it would've become obstrusive with the added padding.

Only one skate yet with it but feels very much the same compared to my old Reebok but a bit cooler as this one doesn't have the heart nor the back plates which I didn't need as I trust my Brown has enough protection to those areas. 

IMG_20200904_084102_16x12.thumb.jpg.21a33d1e32f44d334dd21654d23fdad5.jpg

Edit: first time with S29 on ice and I'm happy. I still have to adjust the tightness and the ankle area is forming to my feet better with few more ice times. For scientific interest I routed the lace from outside through the eyelets on the other skate and from inside on the other. That is said to change things but with so new skates I didn't feel any difference of it yet.

Edited by ArdeFIN

• 2 weeks later...

As part of our team fee for juniors you can get either a stick or a helmet wrap. I chose the stick this year and the wrap next year. 
5616B5E1-F984-4056-A734-785DCA6618C7.thumb.jpeg.9a4729b63a5039877e51d03d24b53a51.jpeg

I had never used a CCM composite stick until I got this and I have to say I’m impressed by the Axis pro. It’s heavier than my V1s but still has a much better feel to it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

As part of our team fee for juniors you can get either a stick or a helmet wrap. I chose the stick this year and the wrap next year. 
5616B5E1-F984-4056-A734-785DCA6618C7.thumb.jpeg.9a4729b63a5039877e51d03d24b53a51.jpeg

I had never used a CCM composite stick until I got this and I have to say I’m impressed by the Axis pro. It’s heavier than my V1s but still has a much better feel to it

Would you compare the feel to that of say a foam core... versus the tinny hollow feeling of some composites?

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Would you compare the feel to that of say a foam core... versus the tinny hollow feeling of some composites?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I’ve used the Axis and my V1 in back to back skates now and besides the weight there’s less of a difference in feel than I initially though