Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Gonna need a list of specs and mods.  Can you explain the 7600/7800 mix?

Sure, they are 7600 leg pads with the 7800 knee block and sliding surface. I tried this combination on my last pair that I ordered in 2017 and found that it slid better and was more stable than the v4 sliding surface.

As for the modifications, here is everything that I remember

1. Iceberg graphic

2. Solid outer roll (with the stock double internal break)

3. Toe buckles (I like the way they allow my leg pads to sit on my skates)

4. Pro logos (not sure why this pair came without the v4 heat transfer, but my old pair did)

5. Quick slide material on sliding surfaces

6. V5 7800 knee block and medial edge

7. Knee lock and flap omitted

8. Foam padding on front of knee area omitted

9. Custom leg channel (like the one Jimmy Howard had back in 2013, will attach photo)

10. Name embroidery

11. Top strap omitted

12. One leather strap below knee that attaches to the same buckle as the top calf strap

13. 35+1.5 (35+2 on my last pair)

Most of the specifications are the same as what I had on my last pair, but with some small changes. What's exciting is that this may be the first pair of leg pads that I don't have to do anything to!

v42017legchannel.jpeg

v42017medialedge.jpeg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

@bildeerGreat looking pads!!!  Did you get matching mitts? 

Not yet, but I do have that planned! I'm torn between a Vaughn V1 B7000 and a Factory Mad, as I've always wanted to try one. As for the glove, I will probably get another 580, but this time a  Kenesky, as I cannot get california tan Lefevre or CCM glove.

Edited by bildeer

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@bildeer What's with the skate lace connecting the knee block and calf wedge?

I do that so the knee block and the rest of the calf piece don't move as much, and when the do move around, they move as one piece. I have also found that it prevents my knee from slipping in between the block and calf area if I miss it when dropping down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Naz said:

Nope, wayyy before his time.  It was a player helmet with the 1988 Olympic team (Moog and Burke were the goalies).  Ozzy hadn't even played his first year of Junior yet LOL

Oh, sorry.  If you said the year it was from , I missed it.

Sidenote: I grew up in Louisiana and we had the Fox Sports Dallas tv station....Andy Moog was the first goalie I ever watched.  Then Belfour. Then Turco. 

I was pretty lucky in that regard.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Naz said:

Nope, wayyy before his time.  It was a player helmet with the 1988 Olympic team (Moog and Burke were the goalies).  Ozzy hadn't even played his first year of Junior yet LOL

Pretty sure this was Moog's. He was given a cage in lieu of the fishbowl he was playing with.

Or something along those lines, I was born in 88'. My memory of those olympics is a bit hazy.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty sure this was Moog's. He was given a cage in lieu of the fishbowl he was playing with.

Or something along those lines, I was born in 88'. My memory of those olympics is a bit hazy.

Annnnd I instantly felt REALLY old... I was 17 in 88.  Moog was actually one of my idols from the time he started with the Oilers.
Moog wore an SK2000 in those Olympics with the Itech shield.  Burke wore the Bubble Cage.

• Haha 1

I recall being in Greg Harrison's shop around that time, late 80's, and he was making a tight grid cage for Andy Moog, similar to a Cooper HM50.  Moog, like most of us wearing a Harrison mask, had one of Greg's typical cats eye cage but was told at either a World Championship or perhaps Olympic Games that this type of cage was illegal.

An SOS went out to Harrison so he whipped up this hybrid cage and sent it off to Moog.  Shortly afterwards I had my Harrison mask declined at a tournament so I phoned Greg and asked if I could obtain one of those "legal" cages.  By then he had put a couple aside should anyone else experience this situation.  I think mine was used twice over the years but I always kept it in my equipment bag, just in case.

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 1

Somewhere in my photo archive I might but haven't come across one in years.  Mine wasn't exactly plumb.  As I recall it was a little off of centre. Greg had a jig in his shop and made his own cages but I suspect that these ones were free style, not mass produced.

A while  back I asked my son if he still had an old bag of my gear, custom cage included,  kicking around in his basement. He thinks that it, along with some of his stuff, was donated to a charity shop at least 10 years ago.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I recognize those silver and blue vaughns

I believe they originally belonged to DoubleG over on the GSBB back in the day. If I recall correctly, those pads were sent back because they were supposed to have a double break, and instead came with a single break. I got them  barely used when first started playing back in 2013.

2 hours ago, bildeer said:

I believe they originally belonged to DoubleG over on the GSBB back in the day. If I recall correctly, those pads were sent back because they were supposed to have a double break, and instead came with a single break. I got them  barely used when first started playing back in 2013.

Yup.  Got his cow logo on there.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:57 PM, bildeer said:

I do that so the knee block and the rest of the calf piece don't move as much, and when the do move around, they move as one piece. I have also found that it prevents my knee from slipping in between the block and calf area if I miss it when dropping down.

This is sometimes called "Jonas Hiller mod" - he had it on all of his pads (customized by him with simple skate lace, not in the factory). 

And nice iceberg pads of course 🙂

Hiller pads II. (3).jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mik said:

This is sometimes called "Jonas Hiller mod" - he had it on all of his pads (customized by him with simple skate lace, not in the factory). 

And nice iceberg pads of course 🙂

Hiller pads II. (3).jpg

Haha, that's exactly who I picked that up from, but didn't know what to call it. A lot of the design considerations I have made with leg pad modifications were features that he had on his leg pads, like the toe buckles and the leg channel. Of course it would have just been easier to buy some Kohos, but by the time I was ready for new pads, they had gone extinct!

• Like 1