Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Not MY new gear, but somebody’s.

A buddy flipped this to me. 

I get it: it’s a hockey net, and all shooters will think they have open net, only to get stoned. But there's a fine line between "cool net optical illusion" and "I wear fishnet stockings during games because I like to feel pretty" 

D7D39314-5D94-4D07-9958-CD1F09AE8F14.jpeg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I get it: it’s a hockey net, and all shooters will think they have open net, only to get stoned. But there's a fine line between "cool net optical illusion" and "I wear fishnet stockings during games because I like to feel pretty" 

That's just a continuation of those old Stomp pads that everyone had a giggle about years ago.

trevorleahy.jpeg.cfafc1fc6a8559b8a784c576dbdd5161.jpeg

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

That's just a continuation of those old Stomp pads that everyone had a giggle about years ago.

trevorleahy.jpeg.cfafc1fc6a8559b8a784c576dbdd5161.jpeg

Maybe - but it was more subtle, more nuanced, a soupçon, if you will - with the Stomp ones.

these Brian’s ones are Rocky Horror Picture Show does ice capades 

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

You don't wear fishnet stockings during games? I think you're missing out on the easier leg pad rotation that they provide.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, bildeer said:

You don't wear fishnet stockings during games? I think you're missing out on the easier leg pad rotation that they provide.

6 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Nope - I'm a die-hard traditional silk stockings goalie. I mean, if you’re already wearing a garter anyway...

You guys don't just shave your legs?

shaved-legs-5 | Faze

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a Vapor 2X Pro set last night on a whim as I've wanted to try them out for a while. They've got a ton of rubber on them, but other than that looked to be in oddly good condition with no cracks or cuts. I'll be giving them a good cleaning once they arrive. Factory mad modded glove too!

Screenshot_20210314-101659.png

Edited by insertnamehere
  • Like 3

Just figured I'd put this here for safe keeping.

Overview:

Ultrasonic Pads: Custom specs include XL size, added leather straps for that tight feel, soft core, no knee elastic, professor strap, and added pro laces armor and a leather strap that I loop through the lacing inside the pad to go through the lundy loop of my skates.

Ultrasonic Blocker: A blocker IS NOT just a blocker. To give me some added feel, I use a golf glove underneath to really make it feel like it is a part of my hand and not just an extension. Works like a charm!

Ultrasonic Glove: Game ready, nylon wrist strap, double T with nylon lacing in between but skate lace on the outside for added sight when tracking the puck.

Ultrasonic Stick: 27" paddle, P34 Curve for better puck handling, rounded paddle for better feel. I use a tennis overgrip for my grips because they're more inexpensive (broke college student) but they also provide me a better feel. Tape a knob underneath that on my grip for more size and stability in my stance.

Bauer 960 Helmet: Painted myself, pictured is a Bauer cat eye but I now use an open mouth cat eye from goalieparts.com. Highly recommend. I use Kova's open backplate straps and they're insanely high quality.

True One-Piece Skates: Love these things to death but they're wearing down quickly. White toe cap for added sty points. Don't use the insole they provide, I just use the red one that normally goes underneath it.

CCM Axis 1.9 Pants: Great for tucking your chest protector, highly recommend. That's all there is to it.

Bauer 2X Pro Chest Protector: Not much to say other than it's the best C&A I've EVER used, coming from someone who wore Vaughn exclusively up until last season.

OTHER ACCESSORIES: Bauer 1X Knee Guards and Garter Belt, Kova Suspenders, Roughneck Neck Guard, Bauer Cut Protective Socks, Vaughn V6 Goalie Cup.

TL;DR: MODIFY YOUR GEAR TO BEST SUIT YOUR NEEDS AS A GOALIE

_MG_0057.jpg

• Like 7

19 hours ago, kylewesbury said:

Just figured I'd put this here for safe keeping.

Overview:

Ultrasonic Pads: Custom specs include XL size, added leather straps for that tight feel, soft core, no knee elastic, professor strap, and added pro laces armor and a leather strap that I loop through the lacing inside the pad to go through the lundy loop of my skates.

Ultrasonic Blocker: A blocker IS NOT just a blocker. To give me some added feel, I use a golf glove underneath to really make it feel like it is a part of my hand and not just an extension. Works like a charm!

Ultrasonic Glove: Game ready, nylon wrist strap, double T with nylon lacing in between but skate lace on the outside for added sight when tracking the puck.

Ultrasonic Stick: 27" paddle, P34 Curve for better puck handling, rounded paddle for better feel. I use a tennis overgrip for my grips because they're more inexpensive (broke college student) but they also provide me a better feel. Tape a knob underneath that on my grip for more size and stability in my stance.

Bauer 960 Helmet: Painted myself, pictured is a Bauer cat eye but I now use an open mouth cat eye from goalieparts.com. Highly recommend. I use Kova's open backplate straps and they're insanely high quality.

True One-Piece Skates: Love these things to death but they're wearing down quickly. White toe cap for added sty points. Don't use the insole they provide, I just use the red one that normally goes underneath it.

CCM Axis 1.9 Pants: Great for tucking your chest protector, highly recommend. That's all there is to it.

Bauer 2X Pro Chest Protector: Not much to say other than it's the best C&A I've EVER used, coming from someone who wore Vaughn exclusively up until last season.

OTHER ACCESSORIES: Bauer 1X Knee Guards and Garter Belt, Kova Suspenders, Roughneck Neck Guard, Bauer Cut Protective Socks, Vaughn V6 Goalie Cup.

TL;DR: MODIFY YOUR GEAR TO BEST SUIT YOUR NEEDS AS A GOALIE

_MG_0057.jpg

I gotta see some pics to go along with your Ultrasonic Pads summary... also elaborate on the why for each. 

If I could jump in on this and compare my stuff

G5 Pro Pads: 35”+1, Pro stiff core, single internal break, single external break. Standard strapping over the knee and extra tight thigh strapping. Removed standard toe strapping and replaced with skate lace, standard bootstrap which goes under the boot.

G5 Pro Blocker: Large palm, medium palm placement, extra tight internal strap, loose half cuff, really nice soft palm.

G5 Pro Glove: Game-ready, single-T, skate lace pocket, modified internal foams by slicing them along the break, modified T to make floating (Absolute black hole). 75 or 600-degree break, tight internal strapping around fingers and thumb, loose cuff over the wrist. Stored in my bag with lacrosse balls inside the pocket and tied tight to keep closed. (Keeps the glove really loose and broken in and opens up the pocket)

Ultrasonic Stick: 26” paddle, squared paddle, P34 curve for better shooting and stickhandling, Buttendz tip of the knob with standard tape for the rest of the knob. No tape on the grip area, thick white tape from high heel to full toe. 

Bauer NME IX Mask: Custom wrapped, straight bar cage, Open backplate straps. Dangler attached to the cage.

Victory V6 Mask: White Base, white bar cage, custom width, Regular backplate straps. Dangler attached to the cage.

Bauer 3s Pro Skates: Still breaking them in, Tyden steel, SPRY-J Profile on blades, usually use a half-inch cut.

CCM Premier Pro LE Chest: Absolute tank of a C&A, untucked and extremely tight around waist and arms, with shoulder floaters out wide and squared off for taking up extra space for blocking

CCM Premier 1.9 Pants: Pretty basic, fit well with the C&A and overall just really good goalie pants. 

Other additions: Warrior G5 knee guards (came with the set), Bauer supreme 2S neck protector, Vaughn V9 Cup and Nike pro tights and shirt. 

Just got a new stick

F4F3B210-F9E2-489B-A053-6179D30B5BAB.thumb.jpeg.a32db90e33aeaec90580058c557d789f.jpeg

I’ve been wanting to try a 24in paddle for a long time now and it’s safe to say I love it. It feels like I have a much more active stick side and better blocker positioning. Puck handling will take some getting used to since I’m still whiffing over the puck every time I try to make a move. 

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Just got a new stick

F4F3B210-F9E2-489B-A053-6179D30B5BAB.thumb.jpeg.a32db90e33aeaec90580058c557d789f.jpeg

I’ve been wanting to try a 24in paddle for a long time now and it’s safe to say I love it. It feels like I have a much more active stick side and better blocker positioning. Puck handling will take some getting used to since I’m still whiffing over the puck every time I try to make a move. 

Remember to bend at the knees also, not just the waist, it will help. :) 

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Personally I think our jerseys look better than Anaheim’s 

4F582219-5687-44C8-9CEB-7CB314205109.thumb.jpeg.84002b9eb119943ee391cbcd8bfb7d77.jpeg
Not sure why I look insanely tall I’m not that tall I swear

Move over couch pics, this should be the new mandatory gear pic, suited up standing in a random parking spot anywhere :P 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Move over couch pics, this should be the new mandatory gear pic, suited up standing in a random parking spot anywhere :P 

By far the weirdest team photos I’ve ever had for that reason! They wouldn’t let us take individual photos inside the rink