Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

3F427E3D-2116-470A-85DA-E1F1552AB4B4.thumb.jpeg.1323f7d34ff726c91d23969aa0448bee.jpeg

Black weave, graphite grey, and white. Glove closes like a dream. Hoping to get it on the ice tonight if I can find anywhere. Not to mention this is my first ever custom set 😁

Nice one brother! I hope you enjoy this - and I also hope it wears well, because you must be one of the members here with the most ice time per week! But it’s only gear - you go wear the hell out of it! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Nice one brother! I hope you enjoy this - and I also hope it wears well, because you must be one of the members here with the most ice time per week! But it’s only gear - you go wear the hell out of it! 😁

The good news is there’s very minimal speedskin on these and they almost feel stiffer than my bauers which is crazy

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Guess you learned your lesson to never be a player ever again.

Now give me three Hail Marty's and repent for your sins.

Hahaha. 

We'll see, I'm in net 2-3x a week, and a skater 2-3x a week. I live on the ice, and it's bound to happen. Goalie surplus here in AB it appears. 

2 minutes ago, Kayen said:

Hahaha. 

We'll see, I'm in net 2-3x a week, and a skater 2-3x a week. I live on the ice, and it's bound to happen. Goalie surplus here in AB it appears. 

You're the opposite of a puck bunny.

It's the same here in BC. I think with the demand of wanting to get back onto the ice, plus the fact that ice is generally less avaiable in the summer, any goalie requests for drops ins or league games are filled in a heartbeat.

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You're the opposite of a puck bunny.

It's the same here in BC. I think with the demand of wanting to get back onto the ice, plus the fact that ice is generally less avaiable in the summer, any goalie requests for drops ins or league games are filled in a heartbeat.

Not the same here in Ottawa as far as I’ve seen; I’m shit, haven’t played in almost 500 days, and I’ve been asked repeatedly to play - and always for free. You have a govt job, right @coopaloop1234? Why not move you and the Mrs Coop-to-be over to the national capital region? Actually, scratch the that; I don’t want leagues here to get a taste of better goaltending…

7 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Not the same here in Ottawa as far as I’ve seen; I’m shit, haven’t played in almost 500 days, and I’ve been asked repeatedly to play - and always for free. You have a govt job, right @coopaloop1234? Why not move you and the Mrs Coop-to-be over to the national capital region? Actually, scratch the that; I don’t want leagues here to get a taste of better goaltending…

Yea, I'm in the private sector. Granted, it's not like my skills in procurement aren't easily transferred to the public setting. 

And I don't think youd need to worry about that. We'd be in far different divisions. 😎😎😎😎

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

If you want my opinion I thought his immortan joe mask was pretty sick, but I didn’t see it on here. Any one of those choices would be nice 

Why yes I do want your opinion :)

You should post a pic, I'm not familiar with that one.

27 minutes ago, Kayen said:

Hahaha. 

I hear that. I'm getting all the ice I want these days, everyone looking for goalies.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

here it is. not sure if you’re a big fan of mad max but it’s still cool looking 

7AF5BC74-9AF4-4630-81B4-2F2FDAE30C02.jpeg

ah, yes, I know that one.  I don't know Mad Max by name or anything about it, but, I do love this mask.   In particular, I love that strap/buckle on the side.  Looks awesome. 

thanks for the recommendation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

ah, yes, I know that one.  I don't know Mad Max by name or anything about it, but, I do love this mask.   In particular, I love that strap/buckle on the side.  Looks awesome. 

thanks for the recommendation. 

You need to watch the Mad Max films. 

Also have a first on ice impression for my set. Did one mod and that was install a professor strap.

For cheapo pads they SLIDE well. Not that much worse than Hyperlite and 2X Pros, and definitely better than EF4.9's, EF3 Pros and my old Ritual G3's. 

Seal is great, and extremely light weight. 

Time to ice myself and pop about 10 Advils, since playing with a fractured rib was an extremely bright idea. 

A few questions for mods....

a) anyone know where i can source a slightly thicker calf pillow? I love the T H I C C pillow on the hyperlites, and would love to replicate that on these pads.

b) should I get the stripes graphic kit (sock graphic), likely in black, and whatever pieces for the gloves i'll try and adapt to cover up some of the red on my gloves. 

Edited by Kayen

New to me pants,  Vaughn SLR 2 Pro.  Replacing my blue SLR 1 pants and now I longer need to wear red shells with my red gear....shells just get gross and moldy up here and I'm sure to some degree increase heat with less air flow in/out of the pants.

I can't see any differences anywhere from version 1 to 2.  Perfect.  Love these pants so much.

Couldn't find red anywhere so I settled for black.

20210717_110151.jpg

_BLP5610.jpg

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Here’s the shell, once it’s done it’s being sent off to a painter :) 

B99D5969-FEF0-418A-9190-2474452F31FD.jpeg

Just curious, assuming the painter is keeping blue base? Figured they always want the shell white even if they go dark later…

8 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Just curious, assuming the painter is keeping blue base? Figured they always want the shell white even if they go dark later…

Good question, I’ll ask him about that. I know with some guys there’s an up charge on certain paint finishes

8 hours ago, seagoal said:

What are you having painted?

Not exactly sure yet, thinking of mostly elements from whitechapel and possibly korn, with #77 and #80 on the backplate, the ladder is a for sure thing for me right now

(#77 was the kid around my age who got hit with an attempted dump in in the back of the head, i know some people may have forgotten about that)