Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

4 hours ago, chile57 said:

@Chenner29 - correct badging and orientation of graphics and everything. Nice - living right. Congrats.

You know, it's funny. 

My biggest fear wasn't the prospect of a 6-9 month wait...it was more about waiting that time and getting the wrong specs.  Going by the pictures, everything seems to be fine.  A little concerned about the height of the pad (I ordered 32+3 coming off a 32+2.5 20.1) - they look a little short.

There is a mistake though, I specced blue straps and they gave me red

image.png.bccd0df92a82fbeafc763cb05ed538f0.png

@Chenner29 I'm with you. Any more when I order custom I'm just resigned to the fact that something will be wrong - the hope is just that it ends up being something minor that I can live with - I'm not big on confrontation necessarily (but then again - I'm not big on getting boned when I'm spending money either). I've had a custom paint job with my name spelled wrong, a custom set quoted at 5 weeks that took 17 and were replete with errors: one piece cuff instead of two, logos instead of no logos, single break instead of double break... I could go on but I'm having flashbacks. You just really can never provide too much detail when custom ordering (and having trust in who you're ordering with/from goes a long way too). Really the long(er) waits just magnify the anxiety while one waits that things are getting off the rails - so I sympathize with you whole heartedly. Hopefully the camera angle is deceptive on the sizing and they work out for you... and it doesn't stick in your craw that the straps aren't blue. 

12 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

You know, it's funny. 

My biggest fear wasn't the prospect of a 6-9 month wait...it was more about waiting that time and getting the wrong specs.  Going by the pictures, everything seems to be fine.  A little concerned about the height of the pad (I ordered 32+3 coming off a 32+2.5 20.1) - they look a little short.

There is a mistake though, I specced blue straps and they gave me red

image.png.bccd0df92a82fbeafc763cb05ed538f0.png

Honestly, I think the red straps are better.

Keeps a more cohesive backend that brings the whole pad together.

200w.gif.a28ae75d061e37fc8eea3086360d15bb.gif

7 hours ago, chile57 said:

@Chenner29 I'm with you. Any more when I order custom I'm just resigned to the fact that something will be wrong - the hope is just that it ends up being something minor that I can live with - I'm not big on confrontation necessarily (but then again - I'm not big on getting boned when I'm spending money either). I've had a custom paint job with my name spelled wrong, a custom set quoted at 5 weeks that took 17 and were replete with errors: one piece cuff instead of two, logos instead of no logos, single break instead of double break... I could go on but I'm having flashbacks. You just really can never provide too much detail when custom ordering (and having trust in who you're ordering with/from goes a long way too). Really the long(er) waits just magnify the anxiety while one waits that things are getting off the rails - so I sympathize with you whole heartedly. Hopefully the camera angle is deceptive on the sizing and they work out for you... and it doesn't stick in your craw that the straps aren't blue. 

I've got some good ones too

I'm still (technically) waiting for a set from Dave at Vortek dating back to 2003.  Reversed the payment to him 6 months after ordering

I had a set of Vaughn V4s come in once with 6 straps and 8 buckles

Don't get me started on paint, I've worked with two big name guys who wouldn't do mockups before painting and didn't get what I wanted

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Honestly, I think the red straps are better.

Keeps a more cohesive backend that brings the whole pad together.

200w.gif.a28ae75d061e37fc8eea3086360d15bb.gif

I'll show you a cohesive backend

32 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, that one.  All good, just looks like it has a lot of slack in the way it is connected right now in the pic.

The elastic is looser than that...we'll see when they get in, it's supposed to create more tension to help the pad snap back up faster when you regain your feet

52 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Do you not use the mask sweatbands?

No, I haven't in a long time.  I like a larger surface area which makes it so comfortable and I like thicker materials because I sweat a lot. 

These are Under Armor tennis wristbands which is what I've used for years  .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, seagoal said:

No, I haven't in a long time.  I like a larger surface area which makes it so comfortable and I like thicker materials because I sweat a lot. 

These are Under Armor tennis wristbands which is what I've used for years  .

Have you tried the OG Shambands?  They're very thick when new and hold a ton of sweat.