Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Took some pictures of my GNetikV set along with my past sets. I've got two ice times in them under me now, so feel free to ask any questions. Their specs include:

GNetikV Pieces
Pads:
-31"+1.5"
-Full primo coverage on the boot
-84deg boot cut
-124 TKA flex profile
-Nylon straps
-Professor strap

Gloves:
-Intermediate palms
-One is game ready other is a pro palm.
-Nash palm

GNetikV blocker:
-Primo one nose
-Intermediate palm

Optik2 blocker (pending, ETA about three weeks):
-Primo on nose
-Intermediate palm
-Bricore added to board

image.jpeg.10cc61dbe5f81a082af1aa7e5b4d7f7e.jpeg

image.jpeg.af05872fff085d19f1b9012dcac1c013.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f40e3c3d94f4d1a2d30ad806dfbab279.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a866b439b0a30412079484206a6050fd.jpeg

image.jpeg.ce11252b25b2a9529c7e3a614e2b0cda.jpeg

image.jpeg.84d6deac0ef7f7e3976138b43fcd658d.jpeg

Bonus picture with the glove holding a dice bag and my Kova neckguard that came in today:

image.jpeg.82eeaaaad0d21a7387f57237c130c593.jpeg

image.jpeg.bb8abde48154a0d3ef0e94bcda606ab0.jpeg

Edited by keeperton
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

What is it you're looking for the mesh to accomplish over nylon or skatelace? Just easier to replace? Feel? Vision into the pocket?

Vision and feel are the primary goals. Plus it looks pretty sick (from the face of the glove). By no means was it easy to get on there this first time. Probably had to try at least 12 different ways to lace it before settling on this iteration. I probably take an excessive amount of pride in having gear that’s different from everyone’s which is what causes things like this mesh pocket and white goalie pants. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Vision and feel are the primary goals. Plus it looks pretty sick (from the face of the glove). By no means was it easy to get on there this first time. Probably had to try at least 12 different ways to lace it before settling on this iteration. I probably take an excessive amount of pride in having gear that’s different from everyone’s which is what causes things like this mesh pocket and white goalie pants. 

not sure GIF by Night At The Museum

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My new Warrior G5 SR+ pads in 34+1,5" to try and see if like it with them. Watching the G6 video I felt happy I went with these as these are a bit soft already, but I've never had any problem with my GT being soft in any way. The G6 might be too stiff for my liking.

Used yes, and the worst wear spot is on the left pads toe. There are a few other too from which one would think these pads were used on roller hockey or something like that. But no, should be only ice hockey. Time will tell if they evolve or just are there.

The curvature is from carton box which was too small and the box was like a balloon when I received it. 

DSC_0546_12x16.thumb.jpg.659f5af631e972d1ea76594c0a09d9fa.jpg

Comparison picture with block under the pads so that they are "standing" on the pillows at the boot. G5 in 34+1,5 and GT 33+1,5. G5 is a bit more curved but not much. For some optical reason the thigh rise on GT looks twisted but IRL doesn't look as such.

DSC_0552_12x16.thumb.jpg.3c1268d0d0ce5be34f4f441d056ec93f.jpg

Same comparison from behind, this time no block under and both pads standing on the edge of the boot so they should show the size difference with that bit of curvature difference. The right G5 pad has it's boot softened and twisted a bit which I only now notice so that makes a margin of error here too.

DSC_0550_12x16.thumb.jpg.863efeeed7ea04fd0e2bcffca070d097.jpg

Yes, the G5 toe strap and boot strap already left the building and the toe strap will be elastic lace with some sort of small add-on piece to the edge of the pad. If someone is guessing, the toe strap on GT pad is Kova T-flex.

Edited by ArdeFIN

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Damn, drool.  F'n nice!  I deliberated so hard getting my cage and hardware painted but decided not to.

This looks so good. Congrats.

I was back and fourth on if I was actually going to go all out and get a paint job or even a wrap on this mask but decided to go this route for a nice clean look since I didn't have any good ideas on what I would actually get painted lol. I'm really interested to see how all the matte paint holds up to pucks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I was back and fourth on if I was actually going to go all out and get a paint job or even a wrap on this mask but decided to go this route for a nice clean look since I didn't have any good ideas on what I would actually get painted lol. I'm really interested to see how all the matte paint holds up to pucks.

Well done on red straps and clips, too.  I have black straps with red clips.

I don't remember if you wear a dangler but your bucket is SCREAMING for a dangler with red laces.....to me anyway ;)

23 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Well done on red straps and clips, too.  I have black straps with red clips.

I don't remember if you wear a dangler but your bucket is SCREAMING for a dangler with red laces.....to me anyway ;)

Hahaha! I bought a pair of red skate laces just so I could put one on my navy pants and one to attach the dangler. Things are going to get really matchy matchy once my new pads come in lol.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RichMan said:

What sizes did you buy?

The chest is medium. Pants were advertised as large but I’m not sure about that. They have less room than the pair of large hpg12a CCM pants I have. I can still tuck but it’s tight. I’d have to get ahold of Vaughn to get the actual specs on them.